Sign in to follow this  
KingBeast

Spiders...

Just curious, as i am scared and repulsed by spiders and I dont really know why! How many of you like/dislike them, and do you have any reasons?

Heres one of my latest victims...

dead.jpg

I dont care, the ones we got in Denmark dont hurt you.... sooo, i dont care...

But im afraid of heights... does that count smile.gif?

I don't mind spiders (little harmless ones, i would shit my pants if i find a black widow at home)

I dont really mind the little ones, and poisonous spiders are definately no concern in the United Kingdom. its jsut the big bastard ones like in the photo i posted that i hate the most. If i see a spider in my room (say at night) as big as that, I wont go to bed until ive turned my room upside down, found it and killed it with much shouting swearing and repeating squishing

i live in vegas, and if you know is a breeding ground for black widows and brown recluses.was watching the news a few days ago where they found a new spider (forget the name) but if it bites you the place where it bit you starts to deteriorate (however you spell it =/ ) but yes, i hate those god damn things.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (KingBeast @ Aug. 19 2002,22:29)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Just curious, as i am scared and repulsed by spiders and I dont really know why! How many of you like/dislike them, and do you have any reasons?

Heres one of my latest victims...

dead.jpg<span id='postcolor'>

You shot it, or squashed it with the butt of your gun?

I shot it AND squished it with the butt of my gun biggrin.gif

It was quite a hunt, perhaps I will tell you about it in a pub when I am an old man. Kind of like a war story

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (KingBeast @ Aug. 19 2002,23:05)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I shot it AND squished it with the butt of my gun biggrin.gif

It was quite a hunt, perhaps I will tell you about it in a pub when I am an old man. Kind of like a war story<span id='postcolor'>

Overkill!! biggrin.gifsmile.gif

well King beast. your not going to like what i am about to say

FACT: on the avrage life time of a person a person will eat about 8 spiers in there sleep in there life time on avarage

Yummy plenty of protean there. i guess they like moist places or something

Well at least it explains the bad taste in ones mouth when one wakes up in the morning biggrin.gif

I cant stand the little fuckers. I wont go out of my way to kill em because they are really great insect control, but woe betide the spider that uses my arm as a shortcut to the nightstand when I am sleeping wow.gif *smack*

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (LBGS_Stewart @ Aug. 19 2002,23:29)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">well King beast. your not going to like what i am about to say  

FACT: on the avrage life time of a person   a person will eat about 8 spiers in there sleep in there life time on avarage

Yummy  plenty of protean there.      i guess they like moist places or something<span id='postcolor'>

I heard it was 8 spiders per year.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (loopy @ Aug. 19 2002,14:42)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">They don`t bother me.I would be a bit buggered if spiders scared me in my job.

http://www.tenforward.com.au/spiders/mavis.html

a spider from where I live<span id='postcolor'>

Boy am i ever happy i dont live there!

I am actually happy i'm getting to the point where i can be at peace with them. I dont kill them anymore, but i'm not interested in the slightest in sharring my home with them!

They do a good job of getting rid of other more annoying pest though so usually if i find a spider bugging me it gets reloacted.

Wasps on the other hand are a different story altogether.

2079.jpg

spiders...i just squash them with tissues/news papers smile.gif

and recently, an avatar related to spider showed up...i'm looking for my chance with a rolled newspaper... tounge.gif

Lol. you are all cowards! tounge.gif Our house is built of wood and glass. Now we dont live in a small shelter. Actually our house is voted to be the most modern and beautiful house of our state (NRW). In the first few years after construction any insect would die after a few hours. But the house got older and the impregnation got less strong. And now we find huge spider now and then in our cellar and other rooms (our rooms are up to 7 metres high). Those spiders are huge. They would make all of you freak. I usually take an old deo-spray and a lighter and then I burn them crispy! smile.gif

Hehe, I never said I jump up on a chair and start screaming when I see a spider, its just that the brown recluse, if you havent heard of it, is one of the more toxic spiders in North America. Also, the little fuckers are small, and you usually never see em until they are too close for comfort. Luckily, usually the only ones that get in the house are garden variety house spiders. Nothing to fear from them, but like I said, if they crawl across me while Im trying to sleep, Im gonna smash em  smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Espectro @ Aug. 19 2002,22:34)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">But im afraid of heights... does that count smile.gif?<span id='postcolor'>

Cows are not afraid of heights. biggrin.giftounge.gif