Sign in to follow this  
dkraver

National mod's

The British army should have a mod simply because they get into just as many shortsighted imperialist clusterf*cks as the US Army, in fact they usually get into the same ones. The British army would also be better to play as it has a wider variety of equipment, most of which is pretty lousy, making for more challenging gameplay.

er ludovico watch you say, thats pretty offensive, british equipment is just as good if not better than american equipment, i wont go into a flame war about it but just watch what you say...

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Ludovico Technique @ Aug. 19 2002,03:22)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">The British army should have a mod simply because they get into just as many shortsighted imperialist clusterf*cks as the US Army, in fact they usually get into the same ones. The British army would also be better to play as it has a wider variety of equipment, most of which is pretty lousy, making for more challenging gameplay.<span id='postcolor'>

Artillery, Tanks, training, helicopters, and all the rest is the very best in the world! mad.gif Why don't you get your facts straight before you spout rubbish like that? And before you bother to mention the SA80, the A2 is the most reliable of any in the world. We just have to issue it now.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Paratrooper @ Aug. 19 2002,03wow.gif)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Ludovico Technique @ Aug. 19 2002,03:22)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">The British army should have a mod simply because they get into just as many shortsighted imperialist clusterf*cks as the US Army, in fact they usually get into the same ones. The British army would also be better to play as it has a wider variety of equipment, most of which is pretty lousy, making for more challenging gameplay.<span id='postcolor'>

Artillery, Tanks, training, helicopters, and all the rest is the very best in the world!  <!--emo&mad.gif Why don't you get your facts straight before you spout rubbish like that? And before you bother to mention the SA80, the A2 is the most reliable of any in the world. We just have to issue it now.<span id='postcolor'>

your rite with that mate - think of all the stuff we invented that other countries have nicked, the jet engine the hovercraft, the tank etc. we have the most protected and probably the overall best tank in nato, and easily the best trained forces. anywhere. ever.  tounge.gif

back on track though, i would like to see a british army mod just like the bw mod, it would be cool, as tony blair does tend to lick bush's ass... we always get caught up in americas affairs!!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Beeny @ Aug. 19 2002,04:35)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Paratrooper @ Aug. 19 2002,03wow.gif)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Ludovico Technique @ Aug. 19 2002,03:22)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">The British army should have a mod simply because they get into just as many shortsighted imperialist clusterf*cks as the US Army, in fact they usually get into the same ones. The British army would also be better to play as it has a wider variety of equipment, most of which is pretty lousy, making for more challenging gameplay.<span id='postcolor'>

Artillery, Tanks, training, helicopters, and all the rest is the very best in the world!  <!--emo&mad.gif Why don't you get your facts straight before you spout rubbish like that? And before you bother to mention the SA80, the A2 is the most reliable of any in the world. We just have to issue it now.<span id='postcolor'>

your rite with that mate - think of all the stuff we invented that other countries have nicked, the jet engine the hovercraft, the tank etc. we have the most protected and probably the overall best tank in nato, and easily the best trained forces. anywhere. ever.  tounge.gif

back on track though, i would like to see a british army mod just like the bw mod, it would be cool, as tony blair does tend to lick bush's ass... we always get caught up in americas affairs!!<span id='postcolor'>

Yes we need a mod desperately! There is the Falklands mod at least.

Britain does help America alot but we also have plenty of our own action: Suez, Aden, Malaya, Falklands, Sierra Leone, the Balkans, N. Ireland etc. etc.

also radar and chaff is a british invention, the latest chobham armour is used in the challenger 2 and the abrams only has older versions, gunpowder was first found to have useful properties by a brit, the machine gun was invented by James Puckle, a brit smile.gif

i have a warrior model thats finished (made it yesterday) and was going to do some scimitar/scorpion models just to get some spare models under my belt, i was going to offer the warrior to royal forces but i saw they had a model

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Eviscerator @ Aug. 19 2002,05:23)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">F O O T B A L L

not soccer smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

soccer soccer soccer

We created coca cola! tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (STS_SolidSnake @ Aug. 19 2002,05:37)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Eviscerator @ Aug. 19 2002,05:23)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">F O O T B A L L

not soccer smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

soccer soccer soccer

We created coca cola!  tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

I like your cola inventing policy but not your football misnaming policy biggrin.gif !

I have also noticed a total lack of a Canadian addon, even though there is quite a goodly number of Canadains about.

Don't get me wrong, I think our lads do very well and I have the utmost respect for the British military, however there's a reason the US Army calls our soldiers 'The Flintstones'. That said it costs about a tenth of what the US pays for its military and kicks plenty of butt, so you won't see me complain.

To do the British Army properly the following things would need to be added:

1. Special Forces that don't seem to ever die or miss, and then write books about it.

2. Rifles with clips that fall out when they are slung.

3. Authentic British voices with Newcastle accents, apart from the officers who would be toffs.

4. Bagpipes.

I've seen a few SA-80 mods out there, but none of them really felt right to me, probably because nobody seems to have done the sight properly yet.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">xmurderx

Group: Members

Posted: Aug. 19 2002,00:43    

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

well I love the fact that people are making national mods, especally from thier own country, but the problem I see with this is that some mod maker might make thier soldier have that extra "edge" to give them an advantage over another army. I feel that mod makers should start a pact, so that everything is real world and equal. I say all this because the german army mod soldiers have an exceptional advantage over any other army, they instantly kill off any other squad and thier tank is super powerful, I know that its a beta but I just hope people in the future dont do it intentionaly. now did all that make sense? I hope so    <span id='postcolor'>

There once where a project that wanted to make general rules for unofficial addons on how much damage the different weapon calibers should do, so the addons would be evenly matched. Dont know if it was ever put into life and where to find it. But the idea is great.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Ludovico Technique @ Aug. 19 2002,10:27)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Don't get me wrong, I think our lads do very well and I have the utmost respect for the British military, however there's a reason the US Army calls our soldiers 'The Flintstones'. That said it costs about a tenth of what the US pays for its military and kicks plenty of butt, so you won't see me complain.

To do the British Army properly the following things would need to be added:

1. Special Forces that don't seem to ever die or miss, and then write books about it.

2. Rifles with clips that fall out when they are slung.

3. Authentic British voices with Newcastle accents, apart from the officers who would be toffs.

4. Bagpipes.

I've seen a few SA-80 mods out there, but none of them really felt right to me, probably because nobody seems to have done the sight properly yet.<span id='postcolor'>

well at least britain doesn't lose most of it's men to friendly fire. my cousins served in kosovo, fuck knows wot regiment etc but they were with the nato taskforce, they told me that the americans were the most stupid people they had ever met, and said that the british soldiers just took the piss out of em all the time. tounge.gif

back on track, yeh a candian mod would be a good idea i think too, they have some good equipment and they wouldnt need much work (the c8 & c7 are just m16 & m4's) and they use lots of american equipment (i think)

I kind of knew this was going to happen smile.gif

Moving to OT smile.gif

Hey Beeny, why the Hell are you attacking Americans all the sudden? This "argument" is between British peeps discussing the capabilities of their armed forces, not Americans dissing Brits.

The BW (GER Bunderswehr) Mod is well done, but it is just the demo version and there are still some bugs. They got realy realy cool intros with finally some good music! But the driving sound of the Leopard tank has so much base that I thought this would blow up my subwover, so watch out. But it is definetly worth a look!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Beeny @ Aug. 19 2002,13:31)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">back on track, yeh a candian mod would be a good idea i think too, they have some good equipment and they wouldnt need much work (the c8 & c7 are just m16 & m4's) and they use lots of american equipment (i think)<span id='postcolor'>

You can probably get the Diemaco C7 and C8 that has bin made for the DDAM Mod. You should ask Frandsen who wrote a post earlier in this thread.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">What hapened to the Spanish mod?

<span id='postcolor'>

It's still on the works as far as i know.

http://www.iespana.es/CrisisKosovo/