tpw

TPW MODS: enhanced realism and immersion for Arma 3 SP.

0 = [5,2,5,2,500,2000,1,0,7,30,"mas_usr","CUP_B_HMMV","",""] execvm "tpw\tpw_skirmish.sqf";

Try this for size GrooveDJ. 

Still no vehicles..... :( Could there be something else causing this? I know you are quit busy with the mod and other priorities, but if you have the time and appetite I would really appreciate if you could look into it 

Thnx in advance!

Still no vehicles..... :( Could there be something else causing this? I know you are quit busy with the mod and other priorities, but if you have the time and appetite I would really appreciate if you could look into it 

Thnx in advance!

I think there's a missing W in HMMWV.

I think I found incompatibility with ACE. When I have "Fall" enabled when units go into wounded state (laying face on the ground) they are stuck in that state, be it AI or player. You can shake them out of that state if you use drag interaction and release them.

I did some disabling and it only happened with TPW enabled, then after I disabled FALL (as it was the only thing affecting characters) the problem seems to be fixed. I need to play some more to be sure though.

I think there's a missing W in HMMWV.

Lol thnx! I will try it again, didn't notice it haha

I think I found incompatibility with ACE. When I have "Fall" enabled when units go into wounded state (laying face on the ground) they are stuck in that state, be it AI or player. You can shake them out of that state if you use drag interaction and release them.

I did some disabling and it only happened with TPW enabled, then after I disabled FALL (as it was the only thing affecting characters) the problem seems to be fixed. I need to play some more to be sure though.

Thanks for the report taro8. Can I just clarify: the wounded state where they lay face down, is that an ACE thing or a TPW MOD thing? I don't use ACE but I'd like to try to sort this out for those that do.

Hey tpw i was wondering if you can make the snow from the tpw_fog script doesn't fall underwater.

Hey tpw i was wondering if you can make the snow from the tpw_fog script doesn't fall underwater.

Nice find! Will fix ASAP.

PS Why are you swimming when it's so cold? You'll get hypothermia.

EDIT: Fixed for next release

• Like 3

Nice find! Will fix ASAP.

PS Why are you swimming when it's so cold? You'll get hypothermia.

EDIT: Fixed for next release

I don't really, just happened once i had to cross a river and noticed that the snow continued to fall under the sea level.
Another thing that also seemed to bugged me for a long time now is that i never got rain splatters with the RHS vehicles,but i dont think that this have to do with the rainfx script because i clearly remember seeing somewhere inside the scipt the if iskindof "car_f" value.

TPW MODS 20160520: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/481663/TPW_MODS_20160520.zip

Changes:

[FOG 1.34] Snow fx disabled underwater...

[sKIRMISH 1.21] Modified explosion behaviour for less audio distortion.
[sOAP 1.04] In-house ambient sounds: creaking doors and floors, with additional wind whistle and window rattling if windy. 

The main change you'll notice (or not) is the introduction of random door/timber creaking sounds when inside houses. If it's windy, then you'll also hear wind whistling around the house and rattling doors and windows. The windier it is, the louder all these noises will be. It's actually a reasonably subtle effect, you won't feel like you're in a haunted house movie! Many thanks to Evil Organ for this suggestion.  
  • Like 4

Loving the added creaks and window rattles to tpw_soap, it's always the little things that make the biggest difference........How about some electrical ambience  :icon_idea:

Here are some samples for adding some electrical buzz......take them or leave them, use them or abuse them.  ;)

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/5jcqnt2290e65ui/AADmC7Vu9zrPpg4jC0xEhmYOa?dl=0 

Loving the added creaks and window rattles to tpw_soap, it's always the little things that make the biggest difference........How about some electrical ambience  :icon_idea:

Here are some samples for adding some electrical buzz to houses, factories, hangers and powerplants......take them or leave them, use them or abuse them.  ;)

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/5jcqnt2290e65ui/AADmC7Vu9zrPpg4jC0xEhmYOa?dl=0 

Thanks EO, I'll see about adding them in.

I think you'll like my next update, which involves the "sonic civilians" reacting to nearby gunfire. Any gunfire within roughly 50m of the player will result in barking dogs, screaming women and crying babies. Not Michael Bay levels, just subtle audio cues to let you know that the population are reacting to combat. 

• Like 4

Thanks for the report taro8. Can I just clarify: the wounded state where they lay face down, is that an ACE thing or a TPW MOD thing? I don't use ACE but I'd like to try to sort this out for those that do.

In ace, if you use the ace_medical, once unit receives enough damage they can be knocked unconscious. In that state they are considered civilians (at least thats how it looks in Zeus) and they are laying face down. Unit in such state can either wake up by themselves after some time, or they can be nursed back by using medical items. When unconscious you cant really do anything.

The bug I noticed had an effect of units being stuck in the wounded state, the tunnel vision effect went away and you could call ACE menu's, even heal yourself, but you were stuck laying on the ground. One way of fixing that, during the game, was to interact with the unit and drag it and release it. My guess that dragging resets the animation and makes the bugged animation state go away. After I turned off TPW fall (I had it on for some reason) the problem appears to be gone.

Thanks for the detailed report taro8. I looked at TPW FALL's code and it's likely that the problem arises from when a unit takes a big hit and TPW FALL disables it on the ground for a while:

_unit setunitpos "DOWN";
_unit disableai "move";
_unit disableai "anim";
_unit disableai "fsm";
_unit disableai "target";
_unit disableai "autotarget";
sleep ((damage _unit) * tpw_fall_falltime);
_unit enableai "move";
_unit enableai "anim";
_unit enableai "fsm";
_unit enableai "target";
_unit enableai "autotarget"; 

More than likely one of the disableai commands is interfering.

To be honest it's hard to know what to do about it because once mods start competing with each other for unit behaviour and animation etc , one or the other usually has to lose some functionality if you want them to keep working together. I'm pretty sure the ACE team won't neuter ace_medical, and I'm not about to remove falling behaviour since it won't be TPW FALL any more after that!

I'll keep thinking about this one. 

I just disabled TPW FALL so Im fine and not complaining. Just giving you heads up.

Regarding the latest addition of ambient sounds (creaks, rattles and wind)......in the userconfig, can the Greek/Mideast sounds be disabled leaving only the creaks, rattles and wind sounds? 

tpw_soap_volume = -2; // Volume of ambient sounds. (-2 to 2), where negative value = no music, only environmental fx

Would setting this value to -2 achieve this objective?

0 = [5,2,5,2,500,2000,1,0,7,30,"mas_usr","CUP_B_HMMV","",""] execvm "tpw\tpw_skirmish.sqf";

Try this for size GrooveDJ. 

It works!!!! Thnx a lot!! Althoguh they spawn without a gunner (the armed HMMVW's haha)

And is it possible to eliminate enemy air choppers in the skirmish mod? Because as soon as i board a helicopter an hind moves in and blows me to .. well you know what i mean :)

Thanks for all your help, you are so helpufull !

It works!!!! Thnx a lot!! One question though, now it spawns random CUP hmmwvs but i would like to center it down to one in particular, the m2 variant with the dome, but I cant find it, do you perhaps now how to make that happen? 

While not overly familiar with CUP classnames, give this a try.......no guarantees it will work tho'  

"CUP_m1151_m2_gpk"

While not overly familiar with CUP classnames, give this a try.......no guarantees it will work tho'  

"CUP_m1151_m2_gpk"

I can find thenmin the CFGvehicle list right? Then i know for 100% that I am scouring the right list.

Thnx

Regarding the latest addition of ambient sounds (creaks, rattles and wind)......in the userconfig, can the Greek/Mideast sounds be disabled leaving only the creaks, rattles and wind sounds? 

tpw_soap_volume = -2; // Volume of ambient sounds. (-2 to 2), where negative value = no music, only environmental fx

Would setting this value to -2 achieve this objective?

At the risk of pissing Gliptal off, I've already made the volumes for sounds, music, azan, housefx and screams individually configurable by adding extra config entries. Setting the volume to 0 will disable that particular feature. Should be released today.

• Like 2

It works!!!! Thnx a lot!! Althoguh they spawn without a gunner (the armed HMMVW's haha)

And is it possible to eliminate enemy air choppers in the skirmish mod? Because as soon as i board a helicopter an hind moves in and blows me to .. well you know what i mean :)

There are no enemy choppers spawned by TPW SKIRMISH GrooveDJ, only cars. I'm not sure why you are seeing any.

URGENT

This morning the update to dev build 136239 coincided with a massive steam meltdown of some sort on my computer, which basically made steam think that none of my 100+ games we're actually installed. In the end I managed to get A3 installed after an annoying 12GB download (considering the all the files were still on my hard drive) again and have verified the install is OK etc

The trouble is that this dev build is really not playing nicely on my computer. It looks like it's forcing the new lighting config onto all CUP maps which @#$%s up their skies.

If someone else on dev136239 could please check if this behaviour affects their installation also, I'd be really grateful. I've got a feeling that it might be something to do with the CfgPatches overhaul, but can't be sure until I confirm that it's not just my specific problem.

Thanks in advance. 

EDIT: OK, problem tracked down to misplaced pbos probably as a result of my frantic undeleting of files from the recycle bin after the steam meltdown. I think I need a lie down now...

Arma3, on current dev branch will not start at all with the latest TPW and CBA ticked. I get an Arma 3 error "Config : Some input after EndOfFile"

EDIT:

20160518 Seems to work fine on DB including the HUD. 

EDIT2:

For what it's worth, 0520 loads and 'seems' to work fine with 0518's userconfig