tpw

TPW MODS: enhanced realism and immersion for Arma 3 SP.

I've heard of similar problems before and it's always turned out to be a missing/dodgy hpp variable.

tpw_animal_noisetime = 60; // maximum time between dog/cat noises

If this variable is missing then you'll get constant dog barking.

Humour me and download and install TPW MODS via the dropbox link, and tell me if your problem persists after that.

That worked :D Thanks!

That WithSix thing is nothing but trouble it seems.

That worked :D Thanks!

That WithSix thing is nothing but trouble it seems.

PW6 is a great concept which works well for lots of people, but I've seen a few people have issues using it with TPW MODS, specifically with it putting config files in the wrong spots.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

* "I can of course change it, it's just another variable to add to the hpp and piss Gliptal off. "

Well, if Gliptal doesn't mind, I sure would love to adjust that factor! Hint-hint. :-))

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Glipital. I must admit, with TPW's wonderful descriptions in the hpp file . . . up until now I've manually edited the text files. I haven't used your utility. But I looked at your utility today & it looks good! It is possible to have future versions of your utility do these 2 things:

1) 1-click enable/disable for each separate element, by clicking the Green or Red column next to the mod button? Meaning, make the color column the On/Off switch.

Of coarse, clicking the mod button itself would still bring up the specific sub-options (or parameters).

2) Have a "Save As" button, which allows you to save your preferred settings to a specific file name that you choose?

I tried clicking the save button, but nothing seemed to happen. It didn't ask me for a file name. So I'm not really sure if the save worked. If a "save as" box popped up, I could type in a file name and I'd know my preferences were saved when I see a file with the name I chose.

Just some suggestions. My 2 cents (with an actual street value of 1.3 cents).

-Vern.

* "I can of course change it, it's just another variable to add to the hpp and piss Gliptal off. "

Well, if Gliptal doesn't mind, I sure would love to adjust that factor! Hint-hint. :-))

Glipital. I must admit, with TPW's wonderful descriptions in the hpp file . . . up until now I've manually edited the text files. I haven't used your utility. But I looked at your utility today & it looks good! It is possible to have future versions of your utility do these 2 things:

1) 1-click enable/disable for each separate element, by clicking the Green or Red column next to the mod button? Meaning, make the color column the On/Off switch.

Of coarse, clicking the mod button itself would still bring up the specific sub-options (or parameters).

2) Have a "Save As" button, which allows you to save your preferred settings to a specific file name that you choose?

I tried clicking the save button, but nothing seemed to happen. It didn't ask me for a file name. So I'm not really sure if the save worked. If a "save as" box popped up, I could type in a file name and I'd know my preferences were saved when I see a file with the name I chose.

Just some suggestions. My 2 cents (with an actual street value of 1.3 cents).

-Vern.

I'll implement number one ASAP. Regarding number 2, clicking on the 'Save' button should focus to the presets combo box in the upper left corner: type in a name you want and press 'Enter' on your keyboard.

Are you sure this doesn't happen?

Yay!

I'll implement number one ASAP. Regarding number 2, clicking on the 'Save' button should focus to the presets combo box in the upper left corner: type in a name you want and press 'Enter' on your keyboard.

Are you sure this doesn't happen?

Yay!

Awesome work!

And no, I'm not sure it doesn't work. Maybe I screwed it up. I just got off work now & I'm tired. So I'll test the save function tomorrow and report back to you.

Thanks G!

-V

TPW MODS 20140520: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/481663/TPW_MODS_20140520.zip

Changes:

[HUD 1.27] Icons for enemy units and enemy vehicles are separately configurable from non enemies. Detection range multiplication factor for vehicles (eg 1.5 = 750m max detection range for vehicles vs 500m for units).

Please update your tpw_mods.hpp

tpw_hud_icons[] = {24,23,30,29,24,23,30,29,22,20};
tpw_hud_vehiclefactor = 1.5 // Detection range multiplication factor for vehicles (eg 1.5 = 750m max detection range for vehicles vs 500m for units) 

Awesome work!

And no, I'm not sure it doesn't work. Maybe I screwed it up. I just got off work now & I'm tired. So I'll test the save function tomorrow and report back to you.

Thanks G!

-V

No problem pal!
TPW MODS 20140520: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/481663/TPW_MODS_20140520.zip

Changes:

[HUD 1.27] Icons for enemy units and enemy vehicles are separately configurable from non enemies. Detection range multiplication factor for vehicles (eg 1.5 = 750m max detection range for vehicles vs 500m for units).

Please update your tpw_mods.hpp

tpw_hud_vehiclefactor = 1.5 // Detection range multiplication factor for vehicles (eg 1.5 = 750m max detection range for vehicles vs 500m for units) 

Perfect, I'll use this new parameter update to push [1.7.0].

@tpw: it seems you forgot to update your hud_icons comment. What is exactly the order of the new 3 last entries in the array? Also and this is important you're missing a semicolon after

tpw_hud_vehiclefactor = 1.5

Yay!

EDIT: Alright, the update is ready, but I'm waiting for tpw to address those two issues before pushing.

Edited by Gliptal

Yeah let me stress this: you must manually add that semicolon or the whole thing goes FUBAR.

Yay!

Thanks Gliptal, all fixed (what a f#$%ing idiot).

Thanks Gliptal, all fixed (what a f#$%ing idiot).
Ah my stress wasn't pointed at you, rather at the users of this mod. :D

Yay!

Wait wait wait. If you have a TPW Setings.exe in there you have a very old version of the package: you should see TPW Settings.jar.

Yay!

---------- Post added at 10:47 ---------- Previous post was at 10:40 ----------

tpw_hud_thirdperson = 0;

tpw_hud_icons[] = {24,23,30,29,22,20};

tpw_hud_colour[] = {1,1,1};
tpw_hud_enemycolour[] = {1,0.5,0};
tpw_hud_squadcolour[] = {0,1,1};

It seems you have missed a lot lately.

Yay!

yea I updated it, I had to remove it and the files associated with it then reinstall it using play with six

but the colors are wrong anyways I have them set to that in the gui settings thingie and it shows that way also in the text file but I cant figure this out

first it says "BASE COLOR" I hover over it and it says "HUD and friendly units colour" and its set to {1,1,1} as default then under that it says "SECONDARY COLOR" when I hover over it it says "Enemy units colour" its set to {1,0.5,0} then this is where it gets strange because like I said before it says "enemy units colour" now there is one called "ENEMY COLOR" when I hover over it it says "Squad and markers colour" and its set to {0,1,1}

so why does it say "SECONDARY COLOR" but say "Enemy" when hovering over it and the one that says "ENEMY COLOR" when hovered over says "squad"?

whatever the case I can change these and nothing happens the colors dont change

yes I am pressing the APPLY button at the bottom

Usually I just ignore shit like this but you caught me on a bad night. Seriously mate you need to take more than 30 seconds to read the various documentation and configuration before you mouth off about how this mod isn't doing what you want. Every single thing you whinged about is configurable.

HUD in third person: configurable

Different icons: configurable

Different icon sizes: configurable

.hpp editing: GUI available

Update your hpp from the latest download. Copy tpw_settings.jar to your useconfig/tpw_mods. Read all of the 1st post. Read hud.txt. Read the annotation in the hpp. I spend hours writing that shit for a reason. And if you still have problems after doing these basic things that nearly everyone else has no trouble with, then come back and post something non-insulting.

I did search and the first thing I came up with was the posting of you saying how you fixed the blinking problem so I looked a little more and noticed some other things about 3rd person read a few posts and decided to post asking the question - sorry if it pissed you off I can only ask questions

I was trying to use the settings gui I thought by using the .exe file that was in there its not my fault that this old stuff wasnt removed when I updated I was using play with six so I assumed everything that was in there was needed since I had just installed everything less than 2 months ago

I figured I was up to date because I was using play with six and it said I was and just updated it the other day hence the reason for my posting so again sorry if it pissed you off

I did read the first post and there is pretty much nothing about 3rd person, I looked at this HUD text doc and again there is nothing about 3rd person in it and nothing about configuring it with a gui like there is only the text file method

@sandsquid let's just forget about the unpleasantness and move on. I'm sorry for being harsh, but then again I am an old bastard. I will update various docs to completely remove confusion.

It seems a few people are having issues with PW6. If you are getting unexpected behaviours I strongly advise you to delete your @TPW_MODS folder and your userconfig/TPW_MODS folder, manually download from the dropbox link, and manually install.

yea I updated it, I had to remove it and the files associated with it then reinstall it using play with six

but the colors are wrong anyways I have them set to that in the gui settings thingie and it shows that way also in the text file but I cant figure this out

first it says "BASE COLOR" I hover over it and it says "HUD and friendly units colour" and its set to {1,1,1} as default then under that it says "SECONDARY COLOR" when I hover over it it says "Enemy units colour" its set to {1,0.5,0} then this is where it gets strange because like I said before it says "enemy units colour" now there is one called "ENEMY COLOR" when I hover over it it says "Squad and markers colour" and its set to {0,1,1}

so why does it say "SECONDARY COLOR" but say "Enemy" when hovering over it and the one that says "ENEMY COLOR" when hovered over says "squad"?

whatever the case I can change these and nothing happens the colors dont change

yes I am pressing the APPLY button at the bottom

Ok, the tooltip not matching the parameter was a bug on my end, corrected in the next update I'm going to push shortly.

I have no idea why the colors don't change though. Make sure you're inserting the values between '{' '}' charachters or it won't work. Also check the config is updated before using the GUI or it wont' work.

You might want to try redownloading the .hpp, but wait until I have pushed [1.7.0] with the bugfix.

I did search and the first thing I came up with was the posting of you saying how you fixed the blinking problem so I looked a little more and noticed some other things about 3rd person read a few posts and decided to post asking the question - sorry if it pissed you off I can only ask questions

I was trying to use the settings gui I thought by using the .exe file that was in there its not my fault that this old stuff wasnt removed when I updated I was using play with six so I assumed everything that was in there was needed since I had just installed everything less than 2 months ago

I figured I was up to date because I was using play with six and it said I was and just updated it the other day hence the reason for my posting so again sorry if it pissed you off

I did read the first post and there is pretty much nothing about 3rd person, I looked at this HUD text doc and again there is nothing about 3rd person in it and nothing about configuring it with a gui like there is only the text file method

What I think happened is that PW6 didn't delete a (not working) test ".exe" I made sometime ago: I guess it's trailing through their file versions through new updates.

Yay!

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

=================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

TPW SETTINGS

[1.7.0] | UPDATE YOUR PRESETS

- parameters matching HUD [1.27]

- enabling and disabling mods through semaphores

- moved color chooser below HUD window

- added copy buttons to color chooser

- fixed HUD Colors section bug

Important addings made to README.md:

USAGE

MAIN WINDOW:

- Clicking on the semaphore instantly toggles the state of the mod

COLOR CHOOSER:

- Click on one of the buttons to copy the selected value in the relevant parameter

NEXT STEPS

1. Icon chooser UI

2. HUD live preview

3. Inserted value check

Remember to update your presets:

- Modify the line

tpw_hud_icons[] = {24,23,30,29,22,20};

to

- Add the line

tpw_hud_vehiclefactor = 1.5;

between

and

tpw_hud_asl_txt = "%1<t size='0.5'><br />ASL</t>";

I added a nice set of buttons to the color chooser, to avoid the CTRL-C and CTRL-V thing; I also moved it below the HUD window, and only now realize that the lower part of it might end up below the screen. Let me know if that is the case.

Yay!

Thanks Gliptal, I have updated the download with the new TPW SETTINGS.jar

Also, forgot to mention: I added the possibility of enabling/disabling mods by clicking on the semaphore directly, as for heyvern69 request.

Yay!

Also, forgot to mention: I added the possibility of enabling/disabling mods by clicking on the semaphore directly, as for heyvern69 request.

Yay!

Thanks! You guys are incredible!!!

I tested the save function, and I AM a moron, because it works just fine. I just didn't notice the box on the left where I could type in a custom filename. On most user interfaces, the "type file name here" box is immediately to the right of a "Save As:" button, so I didn't notice the filename box. Sorry about that.

-Vern.

---------- Post added at 20:17 ---------- Previous post was at 19:43 ----------

Glipital. Here's some of my UI feedback after trying your new version. Thank you so much for the on/off buttons BTW. They work. So cool!

1) You're right, I preferred the color slider on the right, instead of on the bottom. It kinda disappears on the bottom. Out of sight, out of mind.

2) The color chooser slide handles are hard to grasp with the mouse pointer because they are so small. The slider handles could be thicker.

3) The color buttons to enable/disable each mod element work good. But there's a slight pause when clicking the button. But I'm not complaining. It's still MUCH faster to enable/disable mods now!

4) Just like you have an AWESOME color chooser, can you have a "icon chooser" box that displays the hudicons_key.png file?

5) The text hints for things like "icon type" are GREAT. But they disappear too quick for me. Can we have an on/off button for the text hints, so we can see the info the whole time we're using that info?

6) Lastly, instead of the word "revert" in different places . . . In the top left corner, can we just have 3 options: "Save Profile", "Load Profile", or "Delete Profile"? I'm a man of simplicity! Or was it stupidity? I forget. Hahaha.

As always, take or leave any of these suggestions.

-V

Edited by heyvern69

1) You're right, I preferred the color slider on the right, instead of on the bottom. It kinda disappears on the bottom. Out of sight, out of mind.
I'll move it back on the right with the next update.
2) The color chooser slide handles are hard to grasp with the mouse pointer because they are so small. The slider handles could be thicker.
I know, this is Java being a dick: I'll fix this with the next update also, although it will look less slick.
3) The color buttons to enable/disable each mod element work good. But there's a slight pause when clicking the button. But I'm not complaining. It's still MUCH faster to enable/disable mods now!
The pause shouldn't be there (it isn't on my end). Anyone else experiencing it?

Does it pause the whole program or just the semaphore color changing? Does this pause happen also when clicking on the mod window checkbox?

4) Just like you have an AWESOME color chooser, can you have a "icon chooser" box that displays the hudicons_key.png file?
This is in the works.
5) The text hints for things like "icon type" are GREAT. But they disappear too quick for me. Can we have an on/off button for the text hints, so we can see the info the whole time we're using that info?
Understandable. I hope I can dig up a function to extend the time period the tooltip is shown.
6) Lastly, instead of the word "revert" in different places . . . In the top left corner, can we just have 3 options: "Save Profile", "Load Profile", or "Delete Profile"? I'm a man of simplicity! Or was it stupidity? I forget. Hahaha.
Yeah I realise it's confusing, but Java event handling seems built to make things hard.

The REVERT entry in the presets drop down is simply a temporary preset where all parameters are set to the values found at program start. Clicking on the 'REVERT' button or manually shwitching to REVERT preset is the same thing. I can get rid of the button alltoghether, but unfotunately for now that preset entry must stay.

As always, take or leave any of these suggestions.
I really appreciate your feedback, keep it coming!

Yay!

Does it pause the whole program or just the semaphore color changing?

It seems to pause the whole program, NOT the semaphore. For example, if I click a semiphore it immediately changes from green to red. But if I click 3 semiphore's quickly, to disable all three, only the first one changes. I noticed that I have to wait about 1 to 1.5 seconds after each semiphore. If I click too quickly, it only registers the first one. I'm guessing it just takes a second to register each mod as "disabled". No big deal!

Does this pause happen also when clicking on the mod window checkbox?

Well, I didn't test this yet, but it also takes an additional 1 second to close the mod window after un-checkmarking the checkbox, so I wouldn't even notice a delay. Don't sweat it. It works great. Thanks!

-V

HUD not working.

With the latest updates this past week, I am getting screen message:

"TPW HUD incorrect/no config error"

I know I have put the config files where they belong.

userconfig---->TPW_MODS--->hudicons_key, Revert, TPW Settings_TPW_MODS.hpp

Not working. Last 3 updates same result, including this one. Not sure what to do.

Cheers

Kommiekat,

I'm not sure what's wrong, but the HUD works fine for me. Did you try going into the main ARMA3 menu, disabling the @TPW mod completely, then manually deleting the @TPW mod folder in your ARMA 3 directory, and finally downloading and installing the newest version of the @TPW mod? (Don't forget to re-enable the new @TPW mod in the main ARMA3 menu).

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TPW,

Can I set the HUD color to white, and have friendlies be green?

I'm simple, so I like my enemies RED, my friendlies GREEN, my HUD white, & my civilians Orange.

Hahaha. Poor guy, your work just NEVER ends now does it? Will we EVER be happy?

Thanks dude. U KNOW we love ya! (but NOT in THAT WAY). Ok, yes . . . in that way. LOL.

-V

@heyvern; Hud colour (1,1,1) Enemy colour (1,0,0) Team colour (0,1,0) civilians will still show up as whit, afaik because the hud detects whether they are hostile rather than colouring by side

Civs, friendlies and HUD text (temp, azt etc) all display in the same colour (default white). Enemies display by default orange, own squad by default blue. If I understand Vern correctly, in exchange for his undying love he wants the HUD text, civs and friendlies all to have their own colour. I will work on this.