Sign in to follow this  
 EO

Gurkha Units?

Hi folks, just a quick one, has there been or is anyone thinking of making a Gurkha units mod/addon?

Seems as though they are the forgotten faction in the Arma series who have a rich military/combat history.

From a personal viewpoint, I think they would be very popular with the Arma community. Any thoughts?

In before the 'there is an addon request thread'. This is a thinly veiled request.

Hi folks, just a quick one, has there been or is anyone thinking of making a Gurkha units mod/addon?

Seems as though they are the forgotten faction in the Arma series who have a rich military/combat history.

From a personal viewpoint, I think they would be very popular with the Arma community. Any thoughts?

Sorry, and I don't mean any disrespect, but Nepal isn't necessarily a major power (I say Nepal, and not India, France, or the UK because you didn't mention Indian, French, or British Gurkha units). So, there's not enough interest for Nepal to be featured in a AAA game. And there's no place for Nepal in the current Armaverse. It'd have to be a new game. If they are a "forgotten" faction, then there are many more forgotten factions. I take it you come from Nepal? Also, since you specifically mentioned "mod/addon", and you've been here since February, pretty sure you know the proper place for that kind of request. That said, how, in your opinion, would Nepal fit in the current Armaverse?

Your assumption that he was referring to Nepal and not other Gurkha units is pretty hilariously reaching, and your other questions all build upon that presumptuous strawman. Maybe you should drop the semantics?

Many smaller countries contribute alongside superpowers in conflicts around the world, Gurkha would be an awesome addon.

Your assumption that he was referring to Nepal and not other Gurkha units is pretty hilariously reaching, and your other questions all build upon that presumptuous strawman. Maybe you should drop the semantics?

I believe the term 'Gurkhas' denotes troops which are specifically recruited from Nepal and the surrounding regions. I think you may have the term mixed up with foreign volunteer troops that have existed in many wars throughout history, otherwise there's no real reason to react in such a hostile manner.

Sorry, and I don't mean any disrespect, but Nepal isn't necessarily a major power (I say Nepal, and not India, France, or the UK because you didn't mention Indian, French, or British Gurkha units). So, there's not enough interest for Nepal to be featured in a AAA game. And there's no place for Nepal in the current Armaverse. It'd have to be a new game. If they are a "forgotten" faction, then there are many more forgotten factions. I take it you come from Nepal? Also, since you specifically mentioned "mod/addon", and you've been here since February, pretty sure you know the proper place for that kind of request. That said, how, in your opinion, would Nepal fit in the current Armaverse?

You do realize the Ghurkas are a British army regiment?

It would be a case of applying East Asian faces to Stalker GB's units...

walla Ghurkas.