Sign in to follow this  
KingBeast

Change your name to turok

My Name Is Turok page

Basically, acclaim entertainment (publishers of Turok) would like to legally change your first name to Turok, for advertising purposes. The reward is Å500, an xbox and every turok game ever made. But you have to change your name on all legal information, passports, ID etc for one year. And of course, you get to roar at people and say "MY NAME IS TUROK! RAAAR!"

What do you think? Would you give a company your name?

Sounds rather horrible, the direction that advertising is taking

BBC news article

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Kegetys @ Aug. 18 2002,15:07)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">How about "Viktor Troska"? tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Indeed, maybe Codemasters will jump on the badnwagon and start offering money and copies of Resistance to people that have thier names changed to "David Armstrong" or "Dmitri Lukin" or indeed, Viktor Troska biggrin.gif

I would do nothing for money. Especially not giving away a great share of my identity: my name.

But on the other side, there are lots of people with basically no own identity, they could do it.

dumb marketing...might have worked 5 yrs ago, but not these days... tounge.gif

on the other hand, if Victor Troska...hmm....Aleksei Guba.....hmmm..... biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Albert Schweizer @ Aug. 18 2002,10:13)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I would do nothing for money. Especially not giving away a great share of my identity: my name.

But on the other side, there are lots of people with basically no own identity, they could do it.<span id='postcolor'>

Yea, there are scores of ppl who left Europe in WW2 that are using fake last names... so they or their kids could easily do it.

Personally I wouldn't.

Its probably better than having to change your name to suzie or something, i think its pretty good to have an individual name, although Turok sounds like a particularily large and tough Pokemon. Maybe if they wanted me to change my name to Duke, Master Chief or Guybrush i'd consider it, but only for a larger sum of money and 3 x-boxes (and no damm turok games)

A good one from opf res would be Tomas Wanka wink.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Ruud van Nistelrooy @ Aug. 18 2002,12:27)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Its probably better than having to change your name to suzie or something, i think its pretty good to have an individual name, although Turok sounds like a particularily large and tough Pokemon. Maybe if they wanted me to change my name to Duke, Master Chief or Guybrush i'd consider it, but only for a larger sum of money and 3 x-boxes (and no damm turok games)

A good one from opf res would be Tomas Wanka wink.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Well you know, the purpose of names (one) was to allow people to know who they are dealing with. Which family, and also to prevent imbreeding. Changing last names is something I think should be stopped. Too often ppl try to escape their past by changing names, should be completely illegal.

Lets try this out for a job interview-

Hi, my name is Matthew Hitler, and Im calling to express my interest in your job opening- Hello? Hello?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Tex [uSMC] @ Aug. 18 2002,13:36)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Lets try this out for a job interview-

Hi, my name is Matthew Hitler, and Im calling to express my interest in your job opening- Hello? Hello?<span id='postcolor'>

lol, that's pretty good, but it would not make a difference in a job. At least not for reasonable employers.

Aculaud is more of an identity for me than my real name. If i ever changed it to anything, it'd most likely be that.

The turok series of games were great fun with totally overpowered and insane weapons.

u may be looking at the new TUROK !!!! biggrin.gif

Im a bit diffrent Paratrooper old chap*must stop talking stereo typical english words....* I would never change my first name I would not think. I have changed my last name though. When my parents married, they combined their last names, instead of just taking the mans. And then they divorced and changed their names, and here I am stuck with been called SCOTT-BROWNE! Terrible name, so I changed my last name to Duke which from my fathers mothers side.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Col. Kurtz @ Aug. 19 2002,05:27)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Duke<span id='postcolor'>

Nukem!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Col. Kurtz @ Aug. 19 2002,05:27)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Im a bit diffrent Paratrooper old chap*must stop talking stereo typical english words....* I would never change my first name I would not think. I have changed my last name though. When my parents married, they combined their last names, instead of just taking the mans. And then they divorced and changed their names, and here I am stuck with been called SCOTT-BROWNE! Terrible name, so I changed my last name to Duke which from my fathers mothers side.<span id='postcolor'>

I have a very old and long name (yes, double barreled!wink.gif , but you aint hearing it!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (STS_SolidSnake @ Aug. 18 2002,16:02)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I'd do anything for money but that isnt enough.<span id='postcolor'>

That's basically my opinion too. Not enough to be worth it.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (bn880 @ Aug. 17 2002,20:06)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Ruud van Nistelrooy @ Aug. 18 2002,12:27)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Its probably better than having to change your name to suzie or something, i think its pretty good to have an individual name, although Turok sounds like a particularily large and tough Pokemon. Maybe if they wanted me to change my name to Duke, Master Chief or Guybrush i'd consider it, but only for a larger sum of money and 3 x-boxes (and no damm turok games)

A good one from opf res would be Tomas Wanka  wink.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Well you know, the purpose of names (one) was to allow people to know who they are dealing with.  Which family, and also to prevent imbreeding.  Changing last names is something I think should be stopped.  Too often ppl try to escape their past by changing names, should be completely illegal.<span id='postcolor'>

Imagine this: Your dad is a bit lunatic, he has a major plan and together with a big group of people he conquers Europe.

He kills millions of innocent people. After 5 years, the war is over, your dad is dead but you still have his last name. For the rest of your life you are being discriminated and annoyed because you were his son.

Sounds pretty fucked up to me, changing your name should be possible but not for everybody.

F.e. some guy named his son H78fUKS57E289, and so on. I'm not joking here, the code probable is wrong but his son's name looked more like a code than a nam...

And I don't mean: Isn't it illegal to change your name to "Hitler in Germany" ?

I mean: Isn't it illegal, in Germany, to change your name to Hitler?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Albert Schweizer @ Aug. 19 2002,02:54)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">or thaiga Wuz<span id='postcolor'>

or Hugh G. Rection! wow.gif