Sign in to follow this  
Paratrooper

Military sorts:your units.

Depends.... Either we get a goverment who cuts down on the military, or we'll get some gung-ho leader who wants to go to every bloody hot spot in the world!

didn't even notice this thread until now hehehe

but i already said it many times on these forums

E.V.A.T. , i served 4 years in the 2nd REG , engineer regiment , never went higher than private 1st class

then left for personnal reasons

joined back one years after in another engineer regiment , the 10th RG served there for 2 years there got the grade of corporal (the regiment has been dissolved during the professionalisationprocess of the french army)

now in the 31st RI reserve infantry regiment , in an engineer compagny as corporal chief , i'll maybe start an sub-officer course this year or at the end of the next one

2nd REG :

7-picture1.gif

10th RG :

7-picture2.gif

31st regiment (normal insigna + instruction compagny insigna) :

7-picture3.gif7-picture4.gif

i didn't find any website , official or not about the units where i worked , but i found that :

http://www.genie-militaire.com/

sorry , but it's in french smile.gif

Main Royal Air Force site - Link

Our Sqn doesn't have a website as such, and there's no way you would want to look at the IOT site. (Initial Officer Training). It'd be enough to put you off for life....

One of my bests friends went here

160_6.gif

those are soldiers equipped and trained for fighting in the mountains just like partisans. They are often considered as an elite-troop and you should be pretty physically fit to go there. I had only two problems. I am neither an aristocrat (good if you want to chose special units) nor did I have to go the army (I am the third son, I am not asked for service). I would have enjoyed it!  I in good condition up in the mountains, I have proven that many times in Switzerland:(

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Thats the stuff, very interesting. I am always amazed at how much stuff the American forces have, mostly that their marines are a whole seperate service! Why can't the navy support them in ships and planes?<span id='postcolor'>

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">The Navy supports us in a variety of ways, such as providing transportation and corpsmen. However, having our own air, armor, etc. gives us SPEED and FLEXIBILITY. As a result we can carry out a wide variety of missions in minimal time. <span id='postcolor'>

Well...Technically the Marines IS in fact a part of the Navy and not a completely separate branch allthough they shudder at the thought of having to associate themselves with a bunch of squids.  USMC officially goes under the Departement of the Navy.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Badgerboy @ Oct. 24 2002,10:13)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Main Royal Air Force site - Link

Our Sqn doesn't have a website as such, and there's no way you would want to look at the IOT site. (Initial Officer Training). It'd be enough to put you off for life....<span id='postcolor'>

Badgerboy,

Do you know of a good place online that shows or explains the rank structure of the Royal Air Force? I've mentioned before that we have a RAF officer stationed out here, and he's a LCDR. Is that an O4 like us (U.S. Navy).

I mostly ask because we have a gaggle of Brits over here for stormshadow and a few other things. It would be nice to know what I'm seeing.

Not exactly related, but we also have Italians out here. I'd like to find out their rank structure as well. Almost all of them have a large star on their collars. So unless I'm seeing a bunch of Generals or Admirals out there I imagine that must mean something. Thanks!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote ([TU]$33ker @ Oct. 24 2002,12:38)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">check out this site. rankinsignia.cz

great resource smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

That's exactly what I was looking for! Thanks.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Lazarus_Long @ Oct. 24 2002,19:27)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Well...Technically the Marines IS in fact a part of the Navy and not a completely separate branch allthough they shudder at the thought of having to associate themselves with a bunch of squids.  USMC officially goes under the Departement of the Navy.<span id='postcolor'>

Right, the Marine Corps is the Men's Dept. The Navy consists of the Women and Children's Departments, and in the case of all those portly chiefs out there, the Maternity Dept. too.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Lazarus_Long @ Oct. 24 2002,10:27)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Well...Technically the Marines IS in fact a part of the Navy and not a completely separate branch allthough they shudder at the thought of having to associate themselves with a bunch of squids.  USMC officially goes under the Departement of the Navy.<span id='postcolor'>

ok, i'am going to let you in on a secret. Marines = Men's Dept. as controledburn said. But a better way to look at it.

the navy = Chauffers.

thats it. When was the last time you heard of the navy doing anything but driving a boat? pffft.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Papageorge @ Oct. 28 2002,08:07)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Lazarus_Long @ Oct. 24 2002,10:27)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Well...Technically the Marines IS in fact a part of the Navy and not a completely separate branch allthough they shudder at the thought of having to associate themselves with a bunch of squids.  USMC officially goes under the Departement of the Navy.<span id='postcolor'>

ok, i'am going to let you in on a secret. Marines = Men's Dept. as controledburn said. But a better way to look at it.

the navy = Chauffers.

thats it. When was the last time you heard of the navy doing anything but driving a boat? pffft.<span id='postcolor'>

True, but when was the last time you heard of a Marine swimming from San Diego to the gulf? biggrin.gif

And a Marine can't even put on a band-aid without the help of the Navy Corpsman!

All kidding aside I'm glad to see some devildogs posting on here. Both my "A" school and current duty station are joint Navy Marine commands, so I'm used to working with Marines.

Semper Fi

~Your friendly neighborhood squid~

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Othin @ Oct. 28 2002,19:31)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">And a Marine can't even put on a band-aid without the help of the Navy Corpsman!<span id='postcolor'>

<Navy Doc> "Sucking chest wound? Here's some Motrin." <Navy Doc>

J/K. Well, almost. wink.gif

Semper Fi

Some Danish units:

Armyvehicles

The "Jaegersoldater" (Spec ops)here

I coudnt find any information on our "Frřmćnd" (Also Spec ops, a kind of marines), The Army and the media dont speak much about any of our Special forces, all i know is that they  both were in Afganistan in Operation Anaconda.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (E6Hotel @ Oct. 28 2002,20:08)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Othin @ Oct. 28 2002,19:31)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">And a Marine can't even put on a band-aid without the help of the Navy Corpsman!<span id='postcolor'>

<Navy Doc> "Sucking chest wound? Here's some Motrin." <Navy Doc>

J/K. Well, almost. wink.gif

Semper Fi<span id='postcolor'>

*snicker*

Is the dispensing of varying sizes of motrin pills only unique to the US forces? they did the same thing in the Air Force..."sore throat? motrin.." .."missing limb? BIGGER motrin"...

Seemed to be the cure-all solution for most medical problems...

Other countries militaries have their own flavor of cure-alls?

I made my 11 months long military service as a JA 37 Viggen aircraft/weapons mechanic at 1:st div. F4 Frösön, squadleader - no more, no less; I have been 'krigsplacerad' (given a specific war position), but have not been called to any 'rep övningar' (repetition exercises).

Official F4 (not much):

http://www.f4.mil.se/index.php?lang=sve

Some pics taken by a guy serving 2 years after me:

http://hem.passagen.se/jim76/jim.htm

lol othin! Always a pleasure for inter service Humor :-)

And i think you got it wrong. Its Marine's teaching Navymen. Not Navy-Marine hehe. Silly squids don't even know how to wage war. Good thing we made that deal with Squids, you drive, we fight!

Not likely!

If I remember correctly, Denoirs spot in the reserves is with Intelliegence, so if you try and confiscate anything, espicially his beloved cancer sticks(cigarettes), he'll know in adavance smile.gif