Sign in to follow this  
SlappyPankake

What is midnight to Bohemia Interactive?

So I see that the full sandbox release is going to be on dev branch "Tomorrow at midnight" but what exactly does that mean??? It's 11:00pm here now, should I be eagerly awaiting the full game in an hour or should I go play more Arma?

I'm in PST time zone.

What is this midnight BS, anyone got any sources?

Thought they would do it during working hours in case of need to revert, it is only still a dev patch and not the full release after all.

What is this midnight BS, anyone got any sources?

Was about to ask the same question. I've not seen any mention of a "midnight release".

All they said was that they would be releasing the full sandbox content with the dev branch update, which is always around noon / early afternoon CET.

Was about to ask the same question. I've not seen any mention of a "midnight release".

All they said was that they would be releasing the full sandbox content with the dev branch update, which is always around noon / early afternoon CET.

I'd be rather annoyed if it was a midnight release, I mean, like others before me have stated, what would be the benefit? You may as well just postpone it till the 5th or bring it forward a few hours...

BIS is established in Czech Republic (Bohemia). That means GTM +1 time zone (London 14:00/2 pm, BIS 15:00/3 pm)

If you live in New York then just add 6 hours to your current time and you get BIS time.

Alternatively use sthg like this....

http://www.worldtimebuddy.com/pst-to-cet-converter

---------- Post added at 09:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:58 AM ----------

I'd be rather annoyed if it was a midnight release, I mean, like others before me have stated, what would be the benefit? You may as well just postpone it till the 5th or bring it forward a few hours...

If it is going to be released at midnight of London time then it is gonna be between 00-02 in Europe and 6pm - 9pm in US (if I am right), also there would be around 6 or 7 morning in oceania/east Asia.

Everyone is winner except Europeans like me who will have to stay up late for it.

BIS is established in Czech Republic (Bohemia). That means GTM +1 time zone (London 14:00/2 pm, BIS 15:00/3 pm)

If you live in New York then just add 6 hours to your current time and you get BIS time.

Alternatively use sthg like this....

http://www.worldtimebuddy.com/pst-to-cet-converter

---------- Post added at 09:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:58 AM ----------

If it is going to be released at midnight of London time then it is gonna be between 00-02 in Europe and 6pm - 9pm in US (if I am right), also there would be early morning in oceania/east Asia.

Everyone is winner except Europeans like me who will have to stay up late for it.

Fact is, it shouldn't be released at midnight GMT+1 (which is actually +2 because of CEST). End of. They've not ever to my knowledge done an American timed release for A3 content packages, but have always been early/mid afternoon, at least in BST.

What they mean is that they will be sending the update to STEAM at midnight their time

As to when STEAM decides to push the update, that is up to them

I've just checked the SITREPs and recent dev posts and cannot find any mention of "midnight" anywhere. No idea where SlappyPankake got that from.

I've just checked the SITREPs and recent dev posts and cannot find any mention of "midnight" anywhere. No idea where SlappyPankake got that from.

Neither did I. I'm sure the rather large update will be Oscar Mike soonâ„¢

This guy has a theory though.

Maybe compiling, double-checking and uploading takes a bit longer for the whole shebang? I'd assume they'll be trying to finish things up until evening.

Going by RiE's latest post in the dev branch thread, there are no plans for a midnight release.

Closing.