Sign in to follow this  
Victim9l3

Helicopters change lately

It seems like the little birds have lost a lot of maneuverability lately. I can't circle targets at all anymore. I have to make runs at it constantly losing sight of them. I used to be able to move around without losing the enemy. They used to kind of float a little. Now they seem like i'm flying a heavy transport. I posted the question in the dev branch but it's easy to get lost in their when other things become a major issue. It seems a separate issue than a previous topic similar to this. Anyone else feel like the heli's seem more like buses lately.

I have investigated this and backtracked it back to start of Beta to be sure - there is no change in turning of the helicopters. It may be affected by possibility to lose some lift in extremely sharp turns according to real conditions, but turning on the spot (scanning the horizon) takes the same time as it took before for example :icon_twisted:

Keep in mind in this reply that I use trackir as well as saitek rudder peddals. As for orbiting the AO, nothing has really changed and for the funnel maneuver to me it feels like more lift is required to do it but its nothing to really "complain" about it.

To make a full turn 360 in place it takes 10s for ingame aircraft, and 5,5s for a real one. That's a huge difference. Roll and pitch seem perfect.

Edited by Raven_JJ

To make a full turn 360 in place it takes 10s for ingame aircraft, and 5,5s for a real one. That's a huge difference. Roll and pitch seem perfect.

Oh man I've done WW2 reenacting on the field in that video, what are the chances of it showing up here.

And I've noticed the vertical speed on the blackfoot (the only one I've tested) was severely nerfed. I don't know enough about real helicopters to compare, but it's ridiculously slow.

Oh man I've done WW2 reenacting on the field in that video, what are the chances of it showing up here.

And I've noticed the vertical speed on the blackfoot (the only one I've tested) was severely nerfed. I don't know enough about real helicopters to compare, but it's ridiculously slow.

What!?! Must be part this new bug that messed the other helicopters up!

Pettka said he traced the helicopter flight model back to the start of the beta and found no purposeful change that would cause these issues by the development team.

Pettka was talking about yaw/rotation, which seems fine to me. I'm talking about vertical (up down, Q/Z)

Haha, shit man I played Rugby on that field. NZ!

Could be the fact that helicopters go faster again. For the past month or so, the helicopters have been reduced in speed, most notably the MH9 and the AH9 (Which were going at about 160 max, now they're at 230ish crusing)

Well I keep hearing nothing has changed regarding yaw but I'm telling you it did change for me. Littlebird is much slower (almost double) then it was before when it comes to yaw, feels very unresponsive.

The same thing didn't happened weeks ago on the Dev Branch when a Dev had changed something and thought it had commited it to a build but nope?

also I still need to use PPjoy and GlovePie script just to properly use the throttle for choppers. In TOH everything is working fine. Only in ARMA2 and 3. this the old thread:

Can't you just use the same input config from TOH?? this is a veeeery old issue still unfixed. Fix it 'couse i love you. And i have all of your games. will'ya?

cheers