Sign in to follow this  
Tex -USMC-

Neverwinter nights

Im a complete RPG n00b, the closest Ive ever gotten to an honest to God RPG is Diablo. So you can imagine how bad I was getting my ass kicked when I first played this game a couple days ago. But, Ive finally started to gain traction, and am now rolling along in SP, and have a level 5 fighter with great equipment on the Fraghaus NWN server (the one that runs the Krynn Module). So, I just wanna say to all you RPG pros out there, watch yer backs- Tex is on the loose  smile.gif

And to you RPG n00bs like me, wait til this game gets a little cheaper, then run out and buy it, familiarize yerself with the gameplay in SP, then find a good server, stick with it, develop a group of friends to party with, and you will be having fun in no time. Cheers

smile.gif

befor FPS online game i was playing RPG... so i can say i m one of the old RPG-gamer u call (the first was an email-rpg in the mid-80):

For the player that begins with RPG (i dislike the term "newbie" which came from the child of CS [ in the earlier time of CS we have called them "starter" which i think is more respectfull]), i will say depends....

If he is only there to do TK he can be bored or bore the other very quickly.

The problems of the FPS gamer is that we must each time explain them that playing his char is not like in FPS:

he must speak and behave like he see the personnality of his char *one positiv thing is that u type alot and learn quickly how to speed your typing*.Well too the RPG take a fucking amount of time *thing i vnt actually due to work*.

Enjoy your play is the only motto in RPG-online (and take pause like me in playing some very good fps game like opf)

smile.gif

I dont know about multiplayer of Neverwinter Nights but SP I got a Paladin that rocks the house! (highly imune against magic) but what the hell means RPG and tell me more about the multiplayer! smile.gif

081020021260967.jpg

This is my man!  tounge.gif  Nice beard no?  biggrin.gif  I just bought a nice helmet but I thought I show you his ugly face! There is one incredible shield which is called the magician-killer, it reflects magic back to the magician. But it is damn expensive and I would need to look into 3.4 billion boxes to find so many coins!  tounge.gif

Warin edit: 103K Close, but no cigar.  Please try harder?

Albert Reedit: hah, that should be enough of a Kibi-byte margin away from 100!  tounge.gif

Warin Redux: Why yes, yes it is. Thank you biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Bosun @ Aug. 10 2002,19:10)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">What is the mission editor like?...

smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Well actually pretty easy and good to use. I bet we will soon get a lot of addons for the editor, that would be fun! smile.gif

I am sceptical about that game. To me, the sound of that sort of game is bad, but when I play it I get hooked. I played the demo, but I got bored and tried running through it, and then I got lots of beasts attacking me, so I got screwed. sad.gif

Why are all those kind of rpgs set in medieval europe with orcs andd pixies and big guys with beards???Another thing about rpgs is the way that ur little character never gets drunk when u go into bars.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Renagade @ Aug. 10 2002,20:35)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Why are all those kind of rpgs set in medieval europe with orcs andd pixies and big guys with beards???Another thing about rpgs is the way that ur little character never gets drunk when u go into bars.<span id='postcolor'>

Oh yes he does, and you even get dizzy, fall from the bench and make drinking-fights. And everything you say when you are drunk is like rethorical diarreah! This game has it! smile.gif

I was playing lost of NWN when I didn't have OFPR yet, and it was alright, but not outstanding. I found the story a bit weak, and when I compare it to Baldur's Gate series, it's not half as much fun as BG. I'd like to be able to equip my "henchen" and have more than 1 in my party (I don't know if u can have more later, i'm stuck in chapter 2 because of some bug won't let me advance).

The MP is nice, I did play a few times on Fraghaus servers and had some nice company there with good teamwork. But I just can't get over BG series and how much fun I had with it. NWN is nice, and I'm happy I got it, but after this bug that won't let me go to level 3, I haven't played it over 3 weeks.

-=Die Alive=-

I know what you mean, BG was much more fun since you could do so much stuff (create a chicken army) and there was so much more fun-bullshit missions in the first one! And everyone hated each other in the team and was constantly complaining! biggrin.gif One day my evil magician freaked out and tried to kill us all (well he did kill 3 of my best ones).

Now you can respawn in the temple, rest for 10 seconds and be fit again, so much bollocks! tounge.gif

I tried to give those deers beer but they dont take it!

081020025224198.jpg

Why the hell did they do all those unnecessary changes to Baldurs Gate?

Another uselless change is that before you could get more points for killing if you increased the level of difficulty or worked on quests alone without a team. But that aint nomore! mad.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Tex [uSMC] @ Aug. 10 2002,11:25)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">honest to God RPG is Diablo.<span id='postcolor'>

HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RPG!confused.gif?confused.gif?confused.gif?confused.gif?confused.gif?

DIABLO IS A THIRD PERSON SHOOTER! biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.giftounge.giftounge.giftounge.gif

Lol I will remember this forever and tell all my friends! biggrin.gif

Thank you!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RPG!confused.gif??

DIABLO IS A THIRD PERSON SHOOTER!

Lol I will remember this forever and tell all my friends!

<span id='postcolor'>

Well I don't know about your planet confused.gif but down here both Diablo 1&2 are RPG's. trolls, magicians, and skeleton warriors the lot wink.gif ...

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Gollum1 @ Aug. 11 2002,03:42)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">DIABLO IS A THIRD PERSON SHOOTER! biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif  tounge.gif  tounge.gif  tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

More like a third person Slash and Hack. I still got my copy of Diablo 2 in it's box, I bought it a week before Baldur's Gate 2 came out and haven't looked at it yet. And NWN is also close to a Diablo 2, except for it's far better graffics.

-=Die Alive=-

Har har dick, but if you actually took the time to comprehend my post, I meant that the CLOSEST I have ever gotten to an honest to God RPG is Diablo, which implies that I HAVE NEVER REALLY PLAYED A REAL RPG. Now, that was in plain english, and yet you chose to ignore it.

dick.

Name calling will only result in you losing the ability to post Tex, I thought you were more mature than that?

Ah come on placebo, will you please forgive comments like this from members who have proven their good manners during the long period of time they participate here! biggrin.gif

I, as a mistake, posted black and white images of a sniped american soldier and was forgiven (thanks for that once again). I am sure he meant it rather as a yoke. Maybe he just forgot to post a: tounge.gif sign to symbolise it. Dont be so strict with us children! smile.gif

No, I wasnt really joking- I was rather annoyed as a matter of fact. Ban me/Restrict my posting rights if you must, but I think, considering the lack of respect and understanding he showed me, my comment was completely justified.

*slip a finger in the topic*

*watch the both guy arguing on a point of dust*

*pull out his golf club, smash the both head*

" Well now you are equals in terms and in right"

"pass here for the greeting", " and psst it's 10bucks for the service"

PS:

RPG.. ROLE PLAYING GAME... even in the mail-onlinegame i was able to do RP, the only thing important is to be able to communicate within a game... Diablo is a RPG if the player choose to play a role (if not let play your automatic script, computer is better than u guy)

even if i dislike to attibute this term to this mass-smashing game, but i remember the early time i begins table-RPG with the black-eye and D&D in 1983: a door/a monster/ a chest/ a treasure. smile.gif

Blizzard bills D2 as an 'PRG' style game... ie: character advancement, skills, etc.

It might not play as a pen and paper RPG... but that is no reason for Gollum1 to be such a dumbass.

Cant we all just get along? biggrin.gif

1. There is no justification for resorting to childish name calling.

2. I have no intention of banning you for this, simply a warning as to future behaviour.

Warin you calling him a dumbass is just as bad as Tex calling him a dick.

Don't make me come over there again with the big stick wink.gif

*well must i too smash the modos? smile.gif*

"hello placebo... nice u came back"

*hide the club behind him*

"oooohh look a pink elephant special kegety addon is flying over there"

STOMPPPP

"gasp"

*mumble i know why modo got a different pic.... the helmet is not for the esthetic part* biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (placebo @ Aug. 12 2002,01:03)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Warin you calling him a dumbass is just as bad as Tex calling him a dick.

Don't make me come over there again with the big stick wink.gif<span id='postcolor'>

ouch! sad.gif I didnt want to make things escalate, just intended to cool things down! Once again I seem to fail! wow.gif