Sign in to follow this  
ShotgunSheamuS

Anyone else concerned about ARMA 3 launch September?

i'm wondering, if we could test campaign on DEV version, before it gets released for stable branch, after 12th september?

The way I see it, people have nostalgia goggles for A2's release, remember, it's not fair to compare to Arrowhead, just Vanilla A2 at release.

No, it's not some goggles, it's actual hard fact that Arma 2 had a lot more content than Arma 3 has. And I mean a lot more. You can downplay that as much as you want, it won't change the facts.

As always, BIS will ad much more after release, not even including the campaign they will likely add more post release than any prior game.

And as always, I would like to get the same crystal ball that you use to make such predictions.

No, it's not some goggles, it's actual hard fact that Arma 2 had a lot more content than Arma 3 has. And I mean a lot more. You can downplay that as much as you want, it won't change the facts.

And as always, I would like to get the same crystal ball that you use to make such predictions.

Well the "more stuff after release" is already confirmed and "no more stuff after release" busted.

And the "more post release add-ons than any prior game" is kind of valid point too. I can't remember Armed Assault having much free surprises added after release, or Arma 2.

Fact is that Arma 2 had more units/weapons/vehicles and variety in them.

Another fact is that you did use some of them all the time, and some hardly ever.

Some of the Arma 2 things were just useless.

Now A3 has all the necessary for the release, not much else.

I can't see why they wouldn't add some not-so-important-eye-candy-atmosphere-nice-to-have -things afterwards.

The campaign parts will bring some additional stuff anyway.

Edited by Azzur33

The way I see it, people have nostalgia goggles for A2's release, remember, it's not fair to compare to Arrowhead, just Vanilla A2 at release.

Disfavorable comparisons have been made between Arma 3 and vanilla Arma 2.

-One jet? A2 only had 2 Cas jets at launch

You probably meant to say: Arma 2 had 7 planes on launch, 5 of which had CAS capability. Arma 3 will have 1.

-More guns? That's really only because of A2's more primitive implementation of weapons variants. For instance in A2 "M4, M$ Acog, M4 CCO = 3 different weapons" In A3 "M4= 1 weapon with various attachments".

Arma 2 has more guns, doesn't matter if you count all classnames or just the base weapons.

http://www.dayzsuperhive.co.uk/arma-ii.html

And the "more post release add-ons than any prior game" is kind of valid point too. I can't remember Armed Assault having much free surprises added after release, or Arma 2.

The "free surprises" in Arma 3 will be things that were expected to be in the game in the first place.

Edited by Celery

Well the "more stuff after release" is already confirmed and "no more stuff after release" busted.

Not really, post release support is optional, and you never know what happens that may prevent them from supporting the game after release *cough* acr dlc

This.

The "free surprises" in Arma 3 will be things that were expected to be in the game in the first place.
Another fact is that you did use some of them all the time, and some hardly ever.

Again that argument, because some things were badly implemented/not working properly in arma2 (campaign for example) we might aswell scrap them completely from arma3 instead of improving them right? Well the missions I played had alot of variety and im sure all the content in arma2 was usefull to me.

I can't see why they wouldn't add some not-so-important-eye-candy-atmosphere-nice-to-have -things afterwards.

No, it will not bring additional stuff, it will mostly bring stuff that were supposed to be in the game for release. And wether arma3 has all the necessary for release is subjective, some people consider the campaign, multiple planes, field hospital or other content necessary.

"Expected"?

There is no reason to play A3 if you feel overly disappointed and negative about it at the moment.

For those who feel bad: A2 is still a great game, have fun with it (and all the good stuff it has) for few months more.

"Expected"?

There is no reason to play A3 if you feel overly disappointed and negative about it at the moment.

For those who feel bad: A2 is still a great game, have fun with it (and all the good stuff it has) for few months more.

Yes, a playable campaign and planes for the two main sides, among other things, were very much expected to be in the game on release. I find it slightly perverted that someone would call their belated addition a "free surprise".

you never know what happens that may prevent them from supporting the game after release *cough* acr dlc

How is ACR DLC relevant to your argument? It was released on August 1st 2012 and the last beta patch was released two months ago, almost a year later.

How is ACR DLC relevant to your argument? It was released on August 1st 2012 and the last beta patch was released two months ago, almost a year later.

I believe his point was that AÄŒR wasn't supported after release.

You are just like that Microsoft PR guy during the Xbox One shitstorm.

"What you are not happy with DRM and Always On? No problem! Just keep the Xbox360!!!"

"What you are not happy with only on plane and no diversity in vehicles? Just keep playing ArmA 2!!!"

Yeah it doesnt work that way. People will look for other games, and may be hesistant to buy DLCs and ArmA 4.

Not really, post release support is optional

It is confirmed. I'm not talking about DLC's and how much that additional stuff will be coming.

Again that argument, because some things were badly implemented/not working properly in arma2 (campaign for example) we might aswell scrap them completely from arma3 instead of improving them right? Well the missions I played had alot of variety and im sure all the content in arma2 was usefull to me.

What argument?!

I didn't say that "we might aswell scrap them completely instead of improving them".

I just said that they weren't that important. They were just the plus-stuff.

No, it will not bring additional stuff, it will mostly bring stuff that were supposed to be in the game for release. And wether arma3 has all the necessary for release is subjective, some people consider the campaign, multiple planes, field hospital or other content necessary.

A3 has all the necessary for the only playable content it has at the Release. As the campaign will not be in the release, the addons that the campaign may need, do not have to be in the release version.

Did I make myself clearer?

---------- Post added at 10:17 ---------- Previous post was at 10:14 ----------

You are just like that Microsoft PR guy during the Xbox One shitstorm.

"What you are not happy with DRM and Always On? No problem! Just keep the Xbox360!!!"

"What you are not happy with only on plane and no diversity in vehicles? Just keep playing ArmA 2!!!"

Yeah it doesnt work that way. People will look for other games, and may be hesistant to buy DLCs and ArmA 4.

*Laughs*

I can't help it.

I again thought I wrote completely understandable text.

Read again, please.

---------- Post added at 10:28 ---------- Previous post was at 10:17 ----------

Yes, a playable campaign and planes for the two main sides, among other things, were very much expected to be in the game on release. I find it slightly perverted that someone would call their belated addition a "free surprise".

You had a very good explanation why the Campaign was delayed. You got a confirmation that the jets will come after the release.

And the "free surprise" thing: you must have read me wrong somehow.

"Expected"?

I expected more too, but Altis itself makes up a lot for me, damn gorgeous island. I do thnk that little things as ammo trucks not even being able to fully rearm a single vehicle is a bit of a let down. Such balancing things should have been ironed out a few days before launch. Just notice now after creating a Buzzard mission that you can not even rearm at the ammo trucks (no ASRAAM no Zyphers) and the ammo it does have is way to little amount.

...ammo trucks not even being able to fully rearm a single vehicle is a bit of a let down. Such balancing things should have been ironed out a few days before launch. Just notice now after creating a Buzzard mission that you can not even rearm at the ammo trucks (no ASRAAM no Zyphers) and the ammo it does have is way to little amount.

Well the devs can change that if they are told in civilized manner that there is something missing or doesn't feel right. I think that should be quite easy to fix.

I'm not all that concerned. I think things will get better as time passes. But for now, while I'm out in the field with my troops, moving around and ducking gunfire, I'm not going to be all that worried about what's been copy/pasted or all of that.

I'm not all that concerned. I think things will get better as time passes. But for now, while I'm out in the field with my troops, moving around and ducking gunfire, I'm not going to be all that worried about what's been copy/pasted or all of that.

same here

Oh, really ? The only thing that was said was the jets (and the campaign of course). Nothing beyond that. So I would like to know where you people get your "it's goging to be more than for any other Amra game" from ?

Huh ? So based on the fact that there was nothing in Arma 1, and "only" the Apache in Arma 2, you deduce that we will get tons of free stuff in Arma 3 ? May I ask for that crystal ball again ?

Like ?

Yeah, like a big transport plane. Or jets (beyond the single one that's in). Or variety in civilians. Or female civilians.

Well, in any case, you base ALL of your wisdom on wishful thinking. You can't see why they wouldn't add any free stuff ? Well, let me tell you, a company working under commercial pressure can only do so much free stuff. That's the reality of business. They may release a lot of DLC, and I surely hope they do and make lite versions of those again, like before. But the brunt of the content is now in, like it or not. In OFP, they added occasional weapons and vehicles, but I think that was rather minor (G36 variants, and a helicopter). In Arma 2 they added the Apache later on.

---------- Post added at 11:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:49 AM ----------

Well the devs can change that if they are told in civilized manner...

I've rarely seen uncivilized posts, to be honest. Sure there are a few, from both sides, but they are rare. What's more often is that people bash each other, sometimes even insultingly.

Oh, really ? The only thing that was said was the jets (and the campaign of course). Nothing beyond that. So I would like to know where you people get your "it's goging to be more than for any other Amra game" from

Ahem. You are mistaken:

a9achUr.png

a-la SITREP #21

Well the devs can change that if they are told in civilized manner that there is something missing or doesn't feel right. I think that should be quite easy to fix.

There is already a feedback ticket about it and left a comment there. And I think I am being civilized, the Devs are not made of glass. If a few days before launch you have to find out that the ammo trucks are basically useles then It feels to me that they did not gave it much thought and did not test it on vehicles.

Im worried about the release mainly because im doubtful that the release version wont be anymore optimized than

The current beta,

Im kind of getting sick of arma games being so poorly optimized, u'd have thought from player feedback, not just from the beta

But from previous issues with arma 2 aswell, that optimization would be a heavy focus, but i dont think it is.

Also after playing the altis, map, im extremely dissapointed how dull and flat most of it is, not to mention that its not even half as dense than old chernaraus.

I know its supposed to be based on a real place, but wheres all the cover? Wheres the foresty areas etc?

It just looks like a giant stratis, barren.

i hope someone ports chernaraus over, i really do.

And i hope the terribly arcadey feel of flying helicopters is looked at as well.

Not as excited as i once was, i feel there needs to be plenty more work on it before release.

Huh ? So based on the fact that there was nothing in Arma 1, and "only" the Apache in Arma 2, you deduce that we will get tons of free stuff in Arma 3 ? May I ask for that crystal ball again ?

Why you are making things up in your mind? I never said that and you should know that if you read what I wrote.

You do that all the f&%&n' time. So please, if you can't understand what I write or what i mean, just stop reading them. Or at least stop answering them.

Well, in any case, you base ALL of your wisdom on wishful thinking.

Oh, sure .. if I was wishful-thinking TONS OF FREE STUFF!

But I'm not. So, you are wrong.

And I didn't say THEY WILL GIVE US " not-so-important-eye-candy-atmosphere-nice-to-have -things".

I said "why wouldn't they" and "some"

You can't see why they wouldn't add any free stuff ? Well, let me tell you, a company working under commercial pressure can only do so much free stuff. That's the reality of business. They may release a lot of DLC, and I surely hope they do and make lite versions of those again, like before. But the brunt of the content is now in, like it or not. In OFP, they added occasional weapons and vehicles, but I think that was rather minor (G36 variants, and a helicopter). In Arma 2 they added the Apache later on.

It is confirmed that they will add free stuff after the release. I do not now why you fail to understand that.

I do not understand why you fail to understand what I write, also.

I've rarely seen uncivilized posts, to be honest. Sure there are a few, from both sides, but they are rare. What's more often is that people bash each other, sometimes even insultingly.

And you seem to be part of those each-other-bashings quite often. I wonder why.

For the future, to prevent us bashing each other again, for the X'th time, try to remove those "fanboy goggles" first. They make you see things that isn't there.

---------- Post added at 12:31 ---------- Previous post was at 12:29 ----------

There is already a feedback ticket about it and left a comment there. And I think I am being civilized, the Devs are not made of glass. If a few days before launch you have to find out that the ammo trucks are basically useles then It feels to me that they did not gave it much thought and did not test it on vehicles.

I wasn't talking about you not being civilized. Just saying that "you suck" posts have little effect on the development compared to actual bug reports, generally.

Edited by Azzur33

Actually, this just makes my point. The planes are confirmed. Nothing beyond that.

I'm not sure you read the last highlighted sentence because I'm pretty sure that says "more on the way", unless I'm mistaken...

I wasn't talking about you not being civilized. Just saying that "you suck" posts have little effect on the development compared to actual bug reports, generally.

Well not sure what your problem is, but I raised a point of ammo trucks being useless, I did not mention anywhere 'you suck'. Ammo trucks not being able to rearm vehicles properly should not happen just before rerlease if they had tested it out before they added it. This is also not a bug, it is just that (apparently) it has not been tested or thought through. I am intitled to mention this without you attack me.

Actually, this just makes my point. The planes are confirmed. Nothing beyond that.

Did you not see the little highlighted area in the bottom right? "There is more cool stuff to come"; I reckon that's a confirmation of other "cool" stuff right there!

Well not sure what your problem is, but I raised a point of ammo trucks being useless, I did not mention anywhere 'you suck'. Ammo trucks not being able to rearm vehicles properly should not happen just before rerlease if they had tested it out before they added it. This is also not a bug, it is just that (apparently) it has not been tested or thought through. I am intitled to mention this without you attack me.

Oh man, another "I take EVERYTHING PERSONALLY" character.

Please, just TRY to understand that was NOT aimed at YOU. How difficult it can be.

If I say "Pigs do not usually fly", I guess your answer will be "Are you calling me a pig?". No I'm not.

I'm outta here. This is just absurd.