Sign in to follow this  
Victim9l3

Is there "stealth" in the game?

With such a focus on stealth and stealthy vehicles I wonder if it is just a name or is it real? So far the enemy has no problem targeting me in my stealth vehicles. The point is that those vehicles should be hard to detect right? Ghost Hawk has no problem getting shot down, the Blackfoot too. I know that the F35 will be in game and that is supposed to be stealth/stealthier. So will stealthy vehicles be just as easy to see as non stealth? If I am in a fighter plane and my enemy is the F35 will I see him on my radar? Can I push the "next target" button and find him even if he is out of visual range? Just curious.

Thanks

there is no stealth, just TAB and magic radar with red, green and yellow dots. in the units .cfg there can be different detection ranges and different signature values but those never did a real differnce considering the short ranges at which combat happens in ArmA.

well.. to be honest, at the distances present in arma. There is no stealth anyway. A F35 at a distance of 5 km is easily detected by radar..

and before someone goes into a discussion about that, also its heat signature is easily detected and can be locked on...

No such thing as stealth when a aircraft is perfectly visible, your best method for stealth is to use cover while flying behind hills etc.

no such thing as stealth, nor for vehicles nor for troop. Maybe vehicles may have some sort of low RCS, but in the meantime radar analytics may have been improved so back to square one. As per foot soldiers your first shoot will always give you away, no matter if you use suppressors or silencers. Only a handgun with .22LR ammo may be suppressed so that the cracking sound would be muffled but i dont think it will included in the game, and the other option, melee, is neither.

so...