Sign in to follow this  
Ice_Rhino

Why is BluFor shooting at me

I have one AI in my group while I am designing this mission. I have placed an empty (yellow icon) UH-80 GhostHawk on the map. As soon as I destroy this my AI partner opens up on me. Why would it do that for an Empty class vehicle. I could understand if it was a BluFor helicopter I was blowing up.

Any help appreciated

Thanks

IR

Because you're breaking stuff. Just because it's a civ vehicle doesn't mean you can just blow it up at your whim. :)

kill AI first, then blow up the helicopter. win.

Because you're breaking stuff. Just because it's a civ vehicle doesn't mean you can just blow it up at your whim. :)

Would destroying one empty vehicle really take the score so far down?

It appears that even though the vehicles are considered "CIV" side, you lose points for destroying them as if they were sided properly. Kill an OPFOR helicopter and you earn 1000 rating. Blow up a Ghosthawk and you lose 7000.

So if you wanna blow up a Ghosthawk without getting killed for doing so, do this at some point:

player addRating 7000;

Understood, although seems a little weird. Where do I put 'player addRating 7000;'?

Run it from a trigger, or script, or init field. Why exactly are you as a player blowing up an empty UH-80 with a weapon though? If it's part of a mission to do this, why not avoid the whole rating/AI getting pissed thing and script the destruction?

It is part of a mission I am writing. A GhostHawk has been forced to land due to technical difficulties and in order to prevent the technology falling into the wrong hands you have to destroy it as the first part of the mission.

Sort of a 'Ghost Hawk Down' type affair :)

IR

Edited by Ice_Rhino
Added bits

Ahh ok, sure. Maybe just have a trigger around it that when the player enters the zone you add the rating so that they don't get attacked.

could he not use setCaptive on himself to stop them firing at him? in a trigger near the helo so that before hand opfor will shoot at him (assuming there is any)

I just placed in the trigger for the destruction of the helo the following 'player_1 addRating 7000; player_2 addRating 7000;'.

Why when I (player_1) blew the helo and survived the explosion did player_2 (AI Playable) take command???

Edit Addition:- I tried reducing player_2 to down to 6000 but got the same result.

Thanks

Toni (IR)

---------- Post added at 02:11 ---------- Previous post was at 02:01 ----------

I took out the player_2 bit all together and he still takes command when I blow the helo

Edited by Ice_Rhino

When you destroy the helo you lose "rating". If you add the rating after you destroy it, that's not gonna help you since you already lost the points and fell below the "this guy's gonna kill us all if we don't stop him" threshold.

So either add the rating in the init.sqf and hope you don't mess up enough during the mission to lose that buffer, or add it when you GET NEAR the chopper so when you do blow it up you don't get attacked.

So init.sqf or two triggers. One BLUFOR PRESENT which gives you the rating and another checking if it's dead.

If you use that rating way, there is a module for it. Just sync it to you. It has a box for you to type the rating in.

I tried a mission like you described and I get the same result. You should create a ticket so it gets fixed. I think what's happening is the same as what happens when your leader tells you to destroy enemy vehicles even when they are empty. Somehow it sees the vehicle as an active unit.

One thing you could try is to put an opfor as the driver then delete him a second after game starts. It might make the hawk appear as opfor or neither. He needs to get out though, you can't delete him inside. put moveindriver in his init, then set a trigger for opfor present, then trigger him out and delete. It might help.

setCaptive will only make things worse, as it will introduce other bugs (enemies will not fire at the player when close to the helicopter) and still will not achieve the objective (the rating would be still lost, so friendly AIs will start firing at the player as soon as setCaptive becames false).

A wild guess - can you try removing the blackhawk's rating itself? The rating's "rules of thumb" are:

1. Every object has a rating
  2. When you kill an enemy object/person/vehicle/... you get its rating added to yours
  3. When you kill a friendly/civilian object, you get penalty of 7x it's rating.

So, if you set its rating to zero, there should be no penalty.

Try adding the following into the init script of the helicopter:

this addRating -(rating this);

DarkWanderer, your code worked perfectly from what I can see. Obviously I do not know the invisible stuff going on but I did not get shot at on destruction

this addRating -(rating this);

Thank you

Toni(IR)

I will, in fact next stupid question coming up now relating to AI HELO Insertion & Extraction in one landing. New thread though :)