Sign in to follow this  
runekn

"Toggle drive" button

if you click the up arrow (on the UI) when 6wd is selected it makes the rover auto drive.

I did this for 900+m lol

I share the sentiment, some way of at least partially automating transport would be nice. I wouldn't mind if it was even done with in-game technology, like say some form of basic AI navigation module that unlocks at higher tech levels.

if you click the up arrow (on the UI) when 6wd is selected it makes the rover auto drive.

I did this for 900+m lol

Oh, thanks!

I have also found if you hold W then press F at the same time you go to camera mode while your rover drives so you can do some exploring while you wait!

Inputting a series of commands to the rover is planned, though will take a while to implement fully, but expect afterward to be able to input commands NASA style:

FORWARD 100 M

LEFT 20 DEG

FORWARD 20 M

and so on...

Inputting a series of commands to the rover is planned, though will take a while to implement fully, but expect afterward to be able to input commands NASA style:

FORWARD 100 M

LEFT 20 DEG

FORWARD 20 M

and so on...

Any chance we'll get any 'brain upgrade' like the real Curiosity is?;-)

http://www.popsci.com/science/article/2012-09/upcoming-brain-upgrade-will-let-mars-rover-curiosity-decide-itself-which-rocks-zap

Interesting, and yes it would be possible, but then there would be zero challenge :)

I think we should also have a speed governor.

On the one hand, some absolute settings like 100%, 75, 50, 25.

And then besides that, some settings relative to the current power gain from solar panels, like 150%, 100%, 50%.

I think we should also have a speed governor.

On the one hand, some absolute settings like 100%, 75, 50, 25.

And then besides that, some settings relative to the current power gain from solar panels, like 150%, 100%, 50%.

Good idea, i would love to be able to set it to 10% speed to do the fine maneuvers, perhaps to get in the correct location for use of the APXS or to simply "cruise" slowly around a rock :)

I have been playing with a joystick and the precision in driving it super. But yes I would like to see some sort of speed governor implemented within the hud from when I just want to auto it and relax. After all all it takes is one wrong whack on a rock and it's bye bye wheel :)

+1 to speed control

Makes turns easier because I don't have to do a reaction test to get the right alignment

Hmm, I guess it could be possible to implement a modulator for speed, so that input is modulated by the value you set there. Please put it on the tracker