Sign in to follow this  
ZeroG

ZGM Visitor Objects for ArmA 3 BETA

Normally, everything should be exported, also orientation. Are all objects of that kind elevated? If so, then simply reduce the value in your import script for that object.

Visitor does not accept any information on the rotation on the axis he require only direction so moot no matter what you export if model is set to be always on land with contact points and you place on top of an objct with roadway lod it will remain straight and at the height of land contact

Sealife, could you open up a thread, explaining how you do that? I feel some guys have problems installing inbuilt 3DE with the shortcut, it is a bit unhandy and What-you-see-is-what-you-get-placement is the way map editing should be in the first place...THANKS

GID is in the utility section here in A3 editing by Lynx 75 , he added a button where you place object where you want exactly and press LOG button , this send exact coordinates model and dirction to Arma.rpt .

this is then copied when finished to a new document and all ims imported to visitor as usua using either Zerog rel /abs height or BIS defaut import script .

Personally i like to do a few things and add a radio button that uses nearestobjcts and House/Building and export same info as above but for many objects .

th details for the script are in the GID thread

Visitor does not accept any information on the rotation on the axis he require only direction so moot no matter what you export if model is set to be always on land with contact points and you place on top of an objct with roadway lod it will remain straight and at the height of land contact

Hmmm that is not good , i still thought you could sink it maybe not tilt it - so that is a bummer !

looks like ill have to wait for new tools from BIS - lets pray they come soon !

Has anyone yet tried if the new objects (~ 500) still are not placeable in Visitor 3 i.e. don't appear ingame/appear submerged? Haven't had the time to try it yet and also am using A2 Buldozer...maybe now it works better..with A3 Buldozer?

If not, and as we don not know when to expect the SDK, the placeholder method should be continued to avoid time loss. I don't want to be pessimistic, but in case of ARMA 2, 3 months passed after release in May 09 until the SDK was released in August 09. Also take into account that at that time the game wasnt published over steam and DLC marketing was not as common as nowadays.

But as 500 objects are quite a lot to check the height level for, anyone here volunteering to help?

Sorry ZeroG, i would love to help but i won't have access to my main computer (the one running Visitor & ArmA 3) until late november as i'm going abroad.

Hope you find some help ;)

OK really could do with some advice as this is driving me mad !

This is a screen shot in my 3d editor - all placed nicly on Flat ground !

https://www.dropbox.com/s/m7ltsrmknjo9dio/107410_2013-09-19_00001.png

Then this is the one after I import into Visitor - how come some are missing - they are the same object that are placed above so I have no idea where they have gone !?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/iqxpvvgwyly3r4y/107410_2013-09-19_00002.png

Never seem to be able o import and line anything up , especially the Height, or is everyone having that issue still ?

OK really could do with some advice as this is driving me mad !

This is a screen shot in my 3d editor - all placed nicly on Flat ground !

https://www.dropbox.com/s/m7ltsrmknjo9dio/107410_2013-09-19_00001.png

Then this is the one after I import into Visitor - how come some are missing - they are the same object that are placed above so I have no idea where they have gone !?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/iqxpvvgwyly3r4y/107410_2013-09-19_00002.png

Never seem to be able o import and line anything up , especially the Height, or is everyone having that issue still ?

This is odd..theay are the same object class? So some get placed properly, some don't?

Yes correct that is why I cannot seem to get my head around it - but in V3 it is there but I am presuming underground somewhere.

I know the bunkers will not place correct yet until I add in the relevant High but the Hbarries are already set in the REL script - it is very strange.

Of course the answer to problem is simpler if you isolate

I had many problem with workaround over years , I soon realise better to simplify

So take these problem objects in your pic and export and look I. Export data in text editor

Is there anomaly ? Maybe the Z is - figure that does not reflect ?

If not then does the X or Y figure fit ? Should be same In one a axis because its same line

If all that fails then only two remain , it is not classed correctly in config or the property in the model is incorrect , either of which could result in an offset in game

Has anyone yet tried if the new objects (~ 500) still are not placeable in Visitor 3 i.e. don't appear ingame/appear submerged? Haven't had the time to try it yet and also am using A2 Buldozer...maybe now it works better..with A3 Buldozer?

If not, and as we don not know when to expect the SDK, the placeholder method should be continued to avoid time loss. I don't want to be pessimistic, but in case of ARMA 2, 3 months passed after release in May 09 until the SDK was released in August 09. Also take into account that at that time the game wasnt published over steam and DLC marketing was not as common as nowadays.

But as 500 objects are quite a lot to check the height level for, anyone here volunteering to help?

I can help, give me a list of 100 objects and I will fix it this weekend, love your work so why not help out some :)

if your using some kind of selectionposition script or boundingbox

i would be willing to help havent really got too much time to do all that and make some mlods but if you have a list in text i would be willing to make some arma1 mlods fit the brief

I can help, give me a list of 100 objects and I will fix it this weekend, love your work so why not help out some :)

Maybe start with renaming/creating the new placeholders. I dont have a list at hand which are new, but what you could do is compare the templates in my package with the unpacked current A3 pbos - exchange those which are new with fitting placeholders, meaning fence placeholder for fence, house placeholder for house etc., so that users get an idea of size in Visitor plus objects showing up on map ingame. As I provided all these different type of placeholders in the template pack, its just some effort to look through the directories...

Done with structures_f_mil (except the placement ingame), will send it to you ZeroG.

starting with the industry.pbo, do we want the ruins too?

Any idea what i can use as a placeholder for the Castle stuff -?

If you have ARMA2, you can use those items. Else THIS...or you simply wait til im done with the placeholders...maybe this weekend.

Hey!

I downloaded the ZMG Visitor Objects For ArmaA 3 BETA.

I placed some bushes to test out in Visitor3 then I start Buldozer and I get this Error message in buldozer:

Cannot load texture pmc\pmc_terrain_bushes\data\ker_s_bobulema_3_ca.paa.

And there is only square shadows shown of the objects I just placed.

Should not there be placeholders of the object to show up in VIS3?

Also I see alot of buildings in the list but no Ruins of the buildings in the list?

For me Im only intressted in the ruins of the building objects, so I request that in maby a update?

If BIS dont release the VISITOR4 soon!!

Edited by Mr Pedersen

The package doesnt contain anything from PMC, so I don't know how it should have gotten into there. Maybe some of your own p:-drive relics?

You request? Well, you may wish at best. Disregarding the etiquette issue, I will not be doing any update with Visitor 4 around the corner - though I also couldn't be bothered to do it if it wasn't, as just the ruins of the buidlings are missing. Almost the same name, same height, same Z-correction value. One can easily add them with copy-paste config modifications of addon and import script which every user has been authorized to :bounce3:

" Maybe some of your own p:-drive relics? "

I wish, Im same confused as you are why I get that message. :butbut:

I haven't had a chance to use this yet, but can this place objects at different heights?

Abs

You can modify the height addition/subtraction it to your liking for all objects that are submerged/floating - just open with NP++.

I'm wondering if there is anyone out there with a little time and is willing to help someone new to terrain editing/map making in ArmA3 get started. Any help from set up to usage of programs is greatly appreciated!

-Chief