Sign in to follow this  
ZeroG

ZGM Visitor Objects for ArmA 3 BETA

Fellow terrain-editors,

this is the ArmA 3 BETA edition of my ZGM comprehensive ArmA 2 object library. It serves as a kind of interface between Visitor 3, ARMA 3 In-Game 3D Editor and Shezan74’s World Tools. Once you have installed the library and understood the necessary conversion processes, you will be able to speed up terrain editing (actually be finally able to create proper maps for ArmA 3) and enjoy your creativity with far less frustration.

So, what is in the package this time:

a3 folder --> folder with Visitor 3/Buldozer dummy placeholder models

ZGM Visitor Objects for ArmA 3 BETA.pdf --> instructions how to use the package

ZGM_VisO_ARMA3BETA_biedi2csv.ps1 --> MS PowerShell conversion tool between 3D-editor and Visitor 3

ZGM_VisO_ARMA3BETA_EditorObjects.pbo --> ingame 2D/3D editor addon, allowing placement of mapobjects for exporting/editing purposes (probably not suited for mission placement but may work)

ZGM_VisO_ARMA3BETA_Import_Objects_ABS_Height_Corr.vis --> Visitor 3 script, adding absolute height corresponding to the height values of the imported A3 models

ZGM_VisO_ARMA3BETA_Import_Objects_REL_Height_Corr.vis --> Visitor 3 script, adding relative height corresponding to the height values of the imported A3 models

ZGM_VisO_ARMA3BETA_VisitorTemplates.pew --> Visitor 3 object templates, featuring 294 placeable Arma 3 BETA objects

ZGM_VisO_ARMA3BETA_WorldToolsTemplates.fgo --> World tools object templates featuring A3 BETA trees, bushes, rocks, powerlines, piers, fences, walls

WORLD TOOLS TEMPLATES

zgmvisitorobjectsbeta_3_4.png

INGAME 3D-EDITOR VIEW

zgmvisitorobjectsbeta_2_4.png

INGAME VIEW

zgmvisitorobjectsbeta_1_4.png

Enjoy!

GET IT

Edited by ZeroG

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

===================================================

You are not registered on Armaholic, or at least not that we are aware of. In the future we offer the possibility to authors to maintain their own pages.

If you wish to be able to do this as well please register on Armaholic and let me know about it.

This is not mandatory at all! Only if you wish to control your own content you are welcome to join, otherwise we will continue to follow your work like we have always done ;)

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Im not an island maker, but if this makes their lives easier, then thank you very much!

Yes! Great work :D

Yep, makes things so much easier until we get some new tools

just thought i would also post a WIP screenie of my 'The Red Centre' terrain (outback Australia).

http://imageshack.us/a/img534/332/da14.jpg

Credits also goto ZGM for the the placeholders.

Stabs, Toonie and Butcher for ADF Uncut.

and Arma Role Playing Objects 2 for the camp fire.

Edited by pastor399

Thanks for all the Kudos :) Compared to 2200+ A2 objects though, 300 BETA objects are nothing - although I believe you can already build nice islands with that (and the fireplace is also in). If not: there are some nice A2 addon packs...

Big thanks, this is soo helpful for making islands.

Also it enables my friends to help me by making bases and so on, however I have a problem. No matter what I do, I seem to have problem importing the generated files with the correct Z value.

It seems everything gets like 1 meter higher than it should be. It looks good in the 3ditor, and I put your placeholders in my p:\a3, used your island to import templates into my island in the import works great with both Absolut and relative height for the x and y. But z, always too high.. what am I doing wrong? :/

So you are saying that - after packing and starting game - all the objects are hovering 1m above the spot they are supposed to be ? Or in Visitor? In Visitor they have to, ingame they should be at the exact spot where you placed them in the 3D-Editor (see picture)..except maybe for the huge rocks and piers, as because of their size 1m +/- dont really matter. Which objects are hovering...or all?! Have you been placing them at a slope or at flat space?

Hi ,

Fantastic initiative , however I have aproblem for some reason

The terrain I work on was naked of objects and it binarise load in game no problem .

I follow your pdf for visitor add template from your pew and place a few objects to try and all good as described in bulldozer..

I binarise with binpbo same as naked terrain and goto editor select terrain , blue bar go accross top and it hang there never load .rpt also stop/ hang.

I goto visitor delete all objects and retry same hang .

I goto visitor delete template and rebinarise so back to naked terrain and all is good

I have tried with both A2 and A3 p drive set up , do you know ever see this problem or any pointers ?

Thank in advance

EDIT

I leave above in case happens to someone else , it seems my A3 config for the terrain introduced some bug when i upgraded to include custom clutter and overcast settings, whilst the conig was prfect without Buildings ,it would seem once buildings where added it didnt like it and egun hanging , I revertd back to a simple copy of stratis .cpp with Name changes and all is good .

In essence probably my own config was poblem but im still puzzle why the game dont like config just because new template and buildings added , very starnge behaviour indeed

Edited by Sealife

OK have tried this a few time but keep getting the same error every time I place anything down after updating my A3 folder with this one in V3 i get cannot "load Texture - pmc/pmc_terrain_core\data\xxxxx" for all objects i have checked the path on all Objects and they all point to my a3\xxxxx\xxxx\xxxx

Even tried to launch with the mod on its own on A3 and i get the same on start up and also when going into editor ?

I do not have PMC installed could that be the issue ?

Any help would be much appreciated

Edit

if I open up any of the .p3d in the A3 folder that comes with this they all point to PMC folders

example of:-

pmc\pmc_terrain_core\data\tree_crown.rvmat

pmc\pmc_terrain_trees\data\oliva_shadow_co.paa

etc... this is the same on all Objects so as soon as i replace the A3 folder i get the error -.

Edited by 1PARA{God-Father}
more info

What is odd is that you get that error ingame..if anywhere at all, then you should get that error in Buldozer, because these placeholder models are just being used for Visitor and do not get packed into the addon pbo/pew (or are they?)

If they would become part of the addon, you wouldn't see the A3 models ingame...

If I put some objects on the map and remove everything from the addon folder but the island, I dont get any error!

Did I miss something? You seem to jump right into the middle.

There is no 3D Editor in Arma3 is there? Video link is for Arma2. Alt+e?

In BI Tools it states in large font: **** WARNING : ArmA 1 version only ****

Wanted to get into some map making this winter, but the more I read now it seems EXTREMELY advanced.

I have books on quantum physics that were easier to follow. Started to read through your tutorial and

had facial stubble before halfway. Wow. Not sure if that part of the hobby is doable now... :p

Edited by Goblin

Hehe. Too funny!

Just got done trying & testing Koplic. Very Cool!

That's what brought me here...

Some of the buildings were misaligned or too low / too high.

Didn't realize you could make all ground instead of ocean.

Would be cool for an oasis in the desert of sorts. Any thoughts

on making that in island though? LOVE the rivers/Lakes. Any

way to put vegetation in the water or make them murky?

Very well done. Hats off.

Great Great Great Addon.

I'm releasing an island made using this addon : Koplic

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=21990

Thank you very much to all those who were involved in this project, without you, Kolplic would not exist.

Can i ask if you have A2 installed as well ? as i cannot get this working and can only put it down to not having a2 installed.

As soon as i try and use the addon i get the PMC\ folder missing error

I installed this as an addon on my working Arma 2 dev environment.

And yes ,i have A2 installed.

hello

I followed your tutorial, but I'm stuck at the stage of shortcut arma.exe could you be more clear about this.

as raccorci does not work, I start the game with more addons test my addons map, I'm the GMS entry but no iconne on the map when I plce a tree.

thank you for your optional precision of your tutorial.

@Makhno: Nice island! I appreciate your kind words :)

@Goblin: There's another thread where access to the 3D-editor is explained step by step. Alternatively, try THIS. Also, you are the first and only person to report my tutorial not to be understandable - I always try to explain in detail.

@1PARA: Its not BI PMC, its THIS and its free to use. You dont need A2 at all to use the addon.

@GAMMA24: Look at THIS thread maybe or use THIS addon

Not complaining. Perhaps taken out of context which happen a lot in Forums.

Just noting that you pointed to the Arma 2 3D Editor and not the Arma 3 one

(which I eventually found) and the BI Tools were for Arma 1 and the link to the

DL is disabled (also eventually found BI Tools 2.5).

Quite the contrary. Your stuff is AWESOME!! Was referring to the very long

list of the resources for mapmaking in general. Definitely bookmarked for my homework.

Perhaps lost-in-translation? Was trying to be funny by implying the detailed list is

so good, and so long, that I was growing a beard going through it all. A lot of

help on here can be very short and done in small incomplete snip-its. So...

Thank you so much for all you have done on behalf of us noobs! Great stuff!!! :thumb:

Ahhh many thanks got it working :)

1 slight issue when i import the objects using ABS they all appear under the ground so i cannot see them when i pack and check in game , also with REL i get a displacement as the ground is not even so they are all sitting wrong ?

In 3d they all look awesome

Thanks

@PARA: When coming from 3DE, I always use REL. Tested with a lot of trees, ingame they all were standing where they were supposed to be - not floating etc. (in Buldozer they do). Although on some spots you might experience an offset, especially on slopes.

@GOBLIN: no sweat, was worried myself it could be not understandable. How come you were led to A2? I checked the inpackage manual and it only describes A3 procedure to get access to 3DE. Maybe you followed the link in my signature? Well, there are 2 versions of the addon: one for A2 and one for A3. Also, for A3 you should stick and contribute to the A3 resource topic..I havent updated the other thread for a long time (founded 2010!)