Sniperwolf572

Switching weapons on the move

Mod is not working with AGM mod. Is there any way to fix that?

Just tried it out. It's working, but for you it's probably conflicting with the AGM keybindings. In the AGM options keys "1" and "2" are used for "Select Pistol" and "Select Rifle" (Why they decided to add even more keybinds for this, I have no idea). If you are using keys "1" or "2" in any combination to trigger my switch, it will be overriden by the AGM function. You either need to change the binds in the AGM for their actions or change the keybinds for "Use Action 17/18" so they do not conflict.

Can you integrate in AGM mod? Thanks

As explained above, it works fine alongside it as long as you steer clear of the keybinding conflicts. My stance on who can use the code, how and for what reasons, is still the same as in the initial post.

And for my own selfish reasons, if anyone would like to improve the sad state of the custom keybinds, please show and voice your support for this ticket and this one, so we, both modders and users, can finally have a unified and a sane way to deal with keybinds in RV.

Edited by Sniperwolf572

I think the only sensible approach for add on keybinds is to have them defined in the add on, such as /agm/select pistol/ and then any such definitions should appear in arma's control settings, from where the user can assign a key to them. This is how xplane handles them and it works great.

I think the only sensible approach for add on keybinds is to have them defined in the add on, such as /agm/select pistol/ and then any such definitions should appear in arma's control settings, from where the user can assign a key to them. This is how xplane handles them and it works great.

Yep, that's the general idea of the ticket. :)

If I'm not wrong Sakura_Chan does that for his Keys addon.

Yay!

Sniperwolf572 thanks for you answer, but i tell you the posibility integrate in AGM don´t stop move in the weapon transaction 1 and 2 or 3, now in AGM addon stop when you keypress 1 or 2 or 3, etc... no binding your keys in AGM

If I'm not wrong Sakura_Chan does that for his Keys addon.

Yay!

Keys addon rearranges and renames the current binds, but there is no way for us to add new, native ones.

Sniperwolf572 thanks for you answer, but i tell you the posibility integrate in AGM don´t stop move in the weapon transaction 1 and 2 or 3, now in AGM addon stop when you keypress 1 or 2 or 3, etc... no binding your keys in AGM

I'm not sure I understand you, but I'll try to reply. :(

If there is a way for modders to integrate the mod into the AGM keybinding menu, I do not plan on doing it, as the addon works as long as the two keybinds do not conflict.

If the AGM guys want to integrate this in their mod, they are free to do so, the code is public for anyone to use.

Yep, that's the general idea of the ticket. :)

Voted and commented, with X-Plane screenshots to inspire ;)

OK, sorry man. Thank you!

Nothing to be sorry about! Hopefully I managed to answer your question. :)

Voted and commented, with X-Plane screenshots to inspire ;)

Wow, X-Plane has it quite advanced, but I don't think that we will see that specific implementation and it would probably be overkill for the game of Arma 3's caliber.

Arma 3 already has a decent keybinding UI and you can already create any category you desire (Image from the FT, that's an actual category added to the game). So for example "ABCD Mod" could make their own category "ABCD Mod Keybindings". You can also put currently existing input actions in there. A single input action can be in multiple categories.

But what is lacking is the ability to add new actions and assign functions to them. Something like this would be desired and what the ticket is about.

class CfgCustomInputActions {

class TAG_HideInABox {
       name = "Hide in a tactical box";
       function = "TAG_fnc_deployTacticalBox";
   };

};

Then you could add this action to the category and the user would be able to assign the keys through the native ingame menu. Pressing it would trigger the function and you're golden.

Wow, X-Plane has it quite advanced, but I don't think that we will see that specific implementation and it would probably be overkill for the game of Arma 3's caliber.

Arma 3 already has a decent keybinding UI and you can already create any category you desire (Image from the FT, that's an actual category added to the game). So for example "ABCD Mod" could make their own category "ABCD Mod Keybindings". You can also put currently existing input actions in there. A single input action can be in multiple categories.

Yeah, I wasn't suggesting ArmA should use the exact same implementation, just showing one way of adding custom keybinds to inspire the devs ;)

I didn't realise that ArmA already allowed for adding categories, so in that case I agree that it would be better for each mod to add it's own category listing all it's commands, which the user can then assign as desired. I think this needs to be automated though, so that the addon developer only needs to specify the category name and list the commands in his addon and ArmA will pick this up and create the category, etc. I've posted another comment to the ticket.

Have you got a link for how to do that if poss? I've googled around but can't find anything. I've set up my mod to use the userXX keys but being able to set up my own specifically for the mod would be great. (Unless I'm misunderstanding you).

Thanks.

Have you got a link for how to do that if poss? I've googled around but can't find anything. I've set up my mod to use the userXX keys but being able to set up my own specifically for the mod would be great. (Unless I'm misunderstanding you).

Thanks.

He's saying that you can add a category at present but not actions, which is what's needed.

Thanks.

Not at the moment and I don't think there's any documentation on it, but the relevant class in the config is UserActionGroups. Off the top of my head, if you unPBO Sakuras Keys addon, you'll probably find it in the config there.

When I'm back from work, I can write a quick tutorial in regards to this if the Saku's config isn't telling you much. :)

If you're thinking you can have multiple Use Action XX if they're under a different category, then I'll have to disappoint you. Action being in multiple categories is still the same action, only you can see it in multiple locations.

Edited by Sniperwolf572

Cool, I'll have a look in the config and see if I can find anything useful in there - I might check a bit later on though as I've just got in from work and my brain is fried from talking to sick people!

Cool, I'll have a look in the config and see if I can find anything useful in there - I might check a bit later on though as I've just got in from work and my brain is fried from talking to sick people!

Took a look for you. :)

Basically it's this:

class UserActionGroups
{
class TEN_Whatever
{
	name = "Whatever category"; // Category name
	group[] = {"User17","User18"}; // Actions that go into this category
};
};

Updated to version 1.4.5. Links/changelog in the first post.

Mostly a minor patch to make sure this plays nice with FFV.

Edited by Sniperwolf572

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

===================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Thanks for staying with this ^^^ If this + StHud aren't running I lose the will to live

Thanks for staying with this ^^^ If this + StHud aren't running I lose the will to live

Seconded!

Sniperwolf do you still get a bit of invisible warping when in an MP environment ?

Thank you for keeping this mod alive Sniperwolf572, it is an absolute must have for me and my group. Really is one of those things that should' ve been in vanilla, i hope that BIS will implement the possibility in engine with the marksman DLC but i don' t have much faith...

Sniperwolf do you still get a bit of invisible warping when in an MP environment ?

I haven't noticed it much as I haven't done any MP focus tests ever since it went from "horrible" to "acceptable". The addon can probably do with a rewrite and some more experimentation with how to reduce that for other players in MP, but right now, I'm not exactly in a position to do so.

Seconded!
Thank you for keeping this mod alive Sniperwolf572, it is an absolute must have for me and my group. Really is one of those things that should' ve been in vanilla, i hope that BIS will implement the possibility in engine with the marksman DLC but i don' t have much faith...

Glad to hear you're still having fun with it. :)