Sign in to follow this  
super-truite

Ekranoplane-Orlyonok

In fact we are getting more and more tough on ourselves and we are destroying and redoing the 3d model! Also, it is probably wise to wait for the release, in order to put our hands onto BI planes, before unleashing the beast. So be patient!

Wow this plane looks amazing will it only be an opfor plane or will there be Blufor and Greenfor versions and when will this be released amazing job guys 10/10

I think we will make a different version for each factions. Since we restarted from scratch (even the 3D), I don't have a release date. I'll upload a new video when the inside is ready.

Were you aware that there is a hovercraft simulation class in A3? It may have some benefits to your project. Instead of simulation = airplaneX it is simulation = hovercraftX. It may prevent you from doing a bunch of scripting to get it to move correctly and might help the AI use it too. I know it isn't really a hovercraft, but it does move in a similar way ei. it flys over the water instead of sitting on it, and the big difference is that a hovercraft can go on land while boat class can't. Airplane class can't float, so it may give you everything you need.

Edited by Sakura_Chan

Thanks for this idea. We are very tempted since the beginning to make it as a kind of boat, but we decided to make it as a plane as it can fly up to 3km high as well. Also, the way it turns is more plane like than boat like. It looks simpler to me to make a plane look like a boat via scripts than to make a boat look like a plane :). I need to take a look at this hovercraft class though and try it...

I begin to have some unreasonable ideas...http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zubr-class_LCAC...later maybe...

EDIT: It turns out there is no hovercraft class in the end

Edited by super-truite

Hello Guys,

thank you for all your support. All your messages encourage us to finish this beast ASAP.

Sorry for the delay but these last weeks I was really lazy to do again and again the texturing to get some good results (My colleague Super Truite is too meticulous, Yeah I know I need to find some excuses :))...

See You All,

Amazing idea you have here. I cant wait to use it myself. More logistics and support the better the gameplay and game overall. Its good to see a plane that was cancelled to be reborn into arma. Keep up the good work, its one of the best vehicle idea's I've seen yet, cant wait to try it out.

I begin to have some unreasonable ideas...http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zubr-class_LCAC...later maybe...

EDIT: It turns out there is no hovercraft class in the end

There is a Zubr-class in the Legacy of Cold War Pack for Arma 2, but in my experience it was extremely limited, no ability to enter it in Arma 3 (by placing as empty) and it was basically just a driver's seat plus passenger seat(s), without ability to reenter since it couldn't be deflated.

There is a Zubr-class in the Legacy of Cold War Pack for Arma 2

I checked it out already, its a very rough Frankenstein model, some lods come from old OFP addons ......

Hi all,

For the Zubr nothing is sure...

For the Orlyonok the project is paused for the moment (too much trouble with cargo loading...).

I think we'll have to wait for new BIS tools to integrate the best physx as we can.

cya

Hi everyone,

sorry for the long time without news. As said previously, we came back to the 3d model as we learned a lot and the first try was not "pro" enough for us ;).

We are also new in the modding community and we were a bit too excited at the beginning...We now see that the path toward a satisfying addon is still long. Real life being really busy for us now, we have on top of that little time for modding...

The good news is that we have already some "proof of concept" code for most of the features (weird flight model, ramp animation, loading of vehicles ect. ). But we still have a lot of work to do on the inside 3D (which is really, really tedious!) and on the 2D editing (we are still quite new for to this and we need to learn a lot before being able to make textures we will be satisfied with).

A little screenshot of the new 3D model, with the same kind of textures as before:

y0n9lGK.jpg?2

Really think the Ekranoplane concept suits CSAT perfectly... Quirky and definitely not NATO I love - good luck with the modding, can't wait to see this stalking the Nimitz !!

SJ

You made a very nice job guys ! It's now better for everybody that 1REV has crashed, it's let you free to make amazing mod contents, I wish you all the goods things for 2014 ;)