Sign in to follow this  
tortuosit

STALKER - CoP - Misery Mod, anyone played it?

The problem is to install and configure everything because the latest versions are in russian and because mods in STALKER are a mess.

Agreed.

This is part of the reason I have stuck to mods like L.U.R.K, CoP: Reloaded etc.

They are generally more coherent and tend to work with less issues.

Less issues - not none.

Such is life in the Zone :)

Provided they don't miss the intended release date, there is only 2 or 3 more days (depending on your neck of the woods). Had a hankering for some S.T.A.L.K.E.R goodness.

NO! NO! NOOOOOOO! I MISSED IT, it was on discount in Steam! That was the best chance to get Pripyat.. Hopefully its on discount soon again. Because I need it. Misery 2 should be out on Wednesday. OH NO NO NNONONO.

I WANT the Steam version, because I hate putting the DVD in.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat

ANGEBOT DES TAGES! Aktionsende am 28 Juli 7:00pm CEST

-75% 19,99€

4,99€

No torrents yet? =\

As the site says ... not yet. My download is almost finished. I could make one, but I have a slow upload (90kb/s) and I have never created a torrent before ...

That's why I posted the Dropbox mirror. I am downloading from it on my max download speed (only 950kb/s so no guarantees it will max out for everyone ... )

As the site says ... not yet. My download is almost finished. I could make one, but I have a slow upload (90kb/s) and I have never created a torrent before ...

That's why I posted the Dropbox mirror. I am downloading from it on my max download speed (only 950kb/s so no guarantees it will max out for everyone ... )

That dropbox account supended too much traffic :P

the wetransfer is great link at the misery site , im getting both parts at 5mb/per sec right now

Did I miss something? I played MISERY after day 1 on the initial release in January 2012. What is it now? MISERY2? Standalone for another game/engine?

Did I miss something? I played MISERY after day 1 on the initial release in January 2012. What is it now? MISERY2? Standalone for another game/engine?

It's Misery 2.0, which is an improved version and is kinda making me regret not getting CoP on that sale after all.

I have all S.T.A.L.K.E.R. games boxed here, signed by GSC guys :p :D

Can anyone make a list of worthy overhaul mod for STALKER? There is so many of them I find it really hard hard to pick anything :/

Anyone using it with the Steam version? Does it work? I still want to wait for the next Pripyat discount sale on steam, but maybe I cannot resist :D

Sudayev: You probably can't go wrong with "Complete" mods, which exist for any STALKER game. There's LURK for SoC also. There's Misery Mod 2 for CoP. And many more.

BTW I watched some Youtube people playing Misery 2. OMG, seems very hard. They die all the time. LOST TO THE ZONE... Dogs and that boars seem to be very fast. Looks like you permanently need to save.

Edited by tortuosit

BTW I watched some Youtube people playing Misery 2. OMG, seems very hard. They die all the time. LOST TO THE ZONE... Dogs and that boars seem to be very fast. Looks like you permanently need to save.

Yeah, non-humanoid enemies especially are overpowered. The larger ones can essentially kill you with one punch unless you're wearing top of the range armor. Also psychic attacks. These only used to be possible when you were in the line of sight. Now I am geting hammered though there's a building between you and the enemy or even hills.

I am getting a fair number of CTDs from the weapons upgrading. I have only found the Calibration tools but can have Cardan upgrade a lot of my weapons with Tier 1 and 2 upgrades without the need to give him Vodka. There are other weapons that cannot be upgraded at all or only partially though I have met all of the requirements. Like I haven't gotten any Basic tools yet but some Tier 1 upgrades are unlocked while for other weapons they are not. Seems completely broken to me. I have played for about 10 hours so far and have had at least 10 crashes. The mod seems rather unstable in it's present state.

In addition to the overpowered attack of a lot of enemies their armor also seems overkill. Mercenaries with really standard gear like a leather overcoat need 5-7 rounds from a 7,62x39 to the center mass to kill no matter what range you shoot from.

Running from RDG-5s (5m kill radius) rarely makes a difference as being far further away still results in being killed. Enemies are far more likely to fire grenades at you from the GP-25. That's good but these grenades also suffer from the same problem.

Then there is the number of enemies. Remember the complex you have to infiltrate to steal data from? Well that complex for me was guarded by (if I counted correctly, it's likely I forgot to count some) 24 decently equipped mercs with light body armor and good ARs with a mix of grenade launchers, scopes and silencers. Of course with some 15 enemies in that small space and another 9 on the direct perimeter it's impossible to infiltrate without being spotted. How I managed to survive that firefight with 3 of my attacks being repulsed (read: running for dear life under a hail of rifle fire and exploding grenades) while only having to reload my save 4 times is beyond me.

On the positive side suppressive fire seems to be working well. They keep firing at the last position they spotted you for a few seconds afterward.

Misery 1 was great. Misery 2 needs loads and loads of work. I can't understand how this got through beta testing. There's loads of people defending them saying people that can't handle a harder game should find something else to play. Well I have been playing what are argueably the most difficult first person games in existence (ArmA) for 12+ years now and this isn't a harder game, it's a completely unbalanced one where the Ai has each and every advantage imaginable. You share the same equipment as the opposition. It makes them nearly invincible while for me it doesn't seem to be doing much if anything. The Ai is unhindered by any obstacle in tracking and attacking you.

Edited by JdB

Maybe I should play Misery 1 first...

Maybe I should play Misery 1 first...

No actually I would wait for the patch that is stated to come out around monday. If you've never played the game before it would reveal too much of the storyline. After a few reinstalls I now have it running more or less stable though I should add that I haven't tried the equipment upgrading feature anymore since that seemed to be causing most of the crashes. There is a fan-made tweak available on 4Chan but I prefer to stick with the original version for now and see what they do with the feedback. It's not actually all bad, I am only listing the problems I've run into rather than the good things.

Edited by JdB

Haven't had the chance to play it much. I opted fro the Black Road and am still in process of scrounging enough for a decent weapon. Not surprised to here about the bugs, but it good to hear that a patch is already incoming.

I still prefer S.T.A.L.K.E.R : Shadow of Chernobyl over CoP, so I am still looking forward to L.U.R.K 1.2 more then this... if it ever comes out :P

You've hit the nail on the head about all those issues. I'm hoping the rumoured patch will begin addressing these CTDs, tearing, freezing, long loads and stuttering issues.

The AI is too fast and deadly. Getting through some of the missions takes tedious saving and infinite retries. Getting the data from the Waste Station was hard. Took out the mercs one by one hiding in the pipe tunnels after each kill. They still find you but you have a fighting chance in the tunnels...

Getting to the helicopter in the Power Station used to be straightforward. Now it is so difficult I'm giving up and retreating until I figure out how to beat this.

I just read how to use the repair kits and oil cans. Interesting.

I must try "Black Road" to see how it differs...

You've hit the nail on the head about all those issues. I'm hoping the rumoured patch will begin addressing these CTDs, tearing, freezing, long loads and stuttering issues.

The AI is too fast and deadly. Getting through some of the missions takes tedious saving and infinite retries. Getting the data from the Waste Station was hard. Took out the mercs one by one hiding in the pipe tunnels after each kill. They still find you but you have a fighting chance in the tunnels...

Getting to the helicopter in the Power Station used to be straightforward. Now it is so difficult I'm giving up and retreating until I figure out how to beat this.

I just read how to use the repair kits and oil cans. Interesting.

I must try "Black Road" to see how it differs...

Black Road is even harder. I started in the Sawmill with only a knife, a hand-help flashlight and bolt against about 25 zombies in the dark that were blocking the only two exits out of the building. Luckily after a while of slashing zombies and dodging bullets some stalkers showed up to see what the -bringing a knife to a gunfight- was all about and I was able to escape. When I returned there later I found a stash in the room behind me that had a badly worn-out Makarov with only a handful of rounds. Wouldn't have made much of a difference if I had found it right away. It was the first thing I tried after the mod came out, but because of a reinstall I deleted those saves and did a regular start arguing that since it is not a new feature like Black Road is it might be less prone to bugs.

[spoiler alert]

About the crash site in the power station: I found a way, though I am not sure how much of an effect the fog had that happened to restrict visibility severely. I approached the station from the east and got behind the wall where there are two breaches in the wall (a two block segment). I fired at the first zombie that I saw inside the grounds. That attracted the two controllers that turned out to be there. They can only use their telekinetic attack with a line of sight so stay behind the segments, the screen will turn blueish (controllers approaching). They will appear at either end of the segments but mostly likely will come from the left. Have a shotgun with at least 4 buckshot rounds loaded and fire it point blank into the head. I had about eight seconds after that to reload my shotgun before the next one appeared. After that the zombies in the grounds shouldn't be much of a problem. And go down the stairs in the complex and look around at the bottom of the stairs near the keypad locked door ;)

Still it should be looked into. The controllers weren't able to attack me through a wall but they could attack me through a massive hill ...

Edited by JdB

Noticed the patch is out, but am yet to try it out.

Seems like the toned a lot of things down, made head shots viable etc. I think that is a good thing. Was kinda bummed to shoot a guy in the face - a face I could see - then watch him shrug it off and kill me.