Sign in to follow this  
oukej

Firing Drills - Challenge!

Yeah I tried Blue like ten times and it sure seems like it's impossible to get below 40. I seem to be getting 42 as my best, though partially I know that I'm hindering myself by using sights instead of shooting from the hip -- which I prefer over shooting from the hip since it doesn't seem very realistic.

I'll need to try orange some other time.

---------- Post added at 15:30 ---------- Previous post was at 15:08 ----------

Firing Drill - Blue

Time: 00:42.423

By the way, are you guys stripping your toons naked or something since you seem to be running so fast?

Ooooh, stripping? I doubt it makes ANY worthwhile difference but it’s worth a shot maybe.

If you think we’re running quick then it may be a framerate difference? Or maybe you’re not sprinting?

Anyways I haven’t tested but what happens when you restart? Your stamina seems to reset somewhat but sometimes when starting over quickly I’ve still been hyperventilating. Also your weapon reloads but does ammo restock?

Personally I would prefer if future courses were designed in a more circular way so you end up where you start so you would do less restarting and that restarting should only reset your stamina so you have to restock manually. More choices so it takes some knowing to stock the right amounts and magazines would also be nice. I sort of liked restocking as long as you do it properly and a lot at a time and not one mag every run which takes a lot more effort.

Anyways I haven’t done anything special in my runs other than not using the rifle in red and grabbing the 16 round mags instead of 8 or whatever amounts they are again.

Someone should at least try dropping the rifle and rifle ammo in red which I think makes a pretty big weight difference and time running 100 meters or something such.

As for aiming down the sights or not I think not doing it is marginally quicker but I still usually aim down the sights because it makes aiming easier. I don’t zoom though.

Anyways I’m probably going to take it easy and not do a lot of more runs until I have my new computer so I can build up some hype.

Edit: I watched your blue run video by the way. Nice shortcut between the first crouching targets and the no-shoot target and just the right speed with the second crouching targets.

I guess the prone could be smoother though and maybe some improvement on the final targets?

Wasn’t slow there though. I don’t see a lot of improvement other than the prone and then just doing everything a little bit better.

Edited by Sneakson

Edit: I watched your blue run video by the way. Nice shortcut between the first crouching targets and the no-shoot target and just the right speed with the second crouching targets.

I guess the prone could be smoother though and maybe some improvement on the final targets?

Wasn’t slow there though. I don’t see a lot of improvement other than the prone and then just doing everything a little bit better.

Yeah, definitely could've done better with the prone. I only discovered doing it a few runs before so hadn't really mastered the technique. At the end it made it kinda difficult to see since I had done a few runs and it got pretty dark, but there's certainly some improvement with that -- need to play ArmA 3 more. :D

Started up the red course today and wasn't pleased. Every time you reset you switch back to the default weapon and all your equipment is completely reset but your stamina is not and it is impossible to run through the zig-zag maze because you get stuck and very near impossible to stand in the right spots on the bridge.

Having your equipment reset is pretty annoying on the red course where the best course of action is dropping the machine gun and loading 30 round clips into your handgun which is impossible to do before the Rangemaster tells you to go.

The new "Red 2" was really enjoyable for me (didn't still try all of them). Here is my run

Now don't beat my time immediately, give me at least 1 hour on the throne :D