Sign in to follow this  
SKULLS_Viper

Wow, what a .50 cal can do.

i saw that on the aa forum too, pretty cool video smile.gif

The best part is at about 4 or 5 min.Thats where you can see the shooting.Its also 7 min long.

In the book "Tom Clancy's: Rainbow Six", The one sniper shoots a terrorist in the head and the majority of the bastards head goes missing. He then shoots through the engine of an escaping van, trapping all the terrorists within. THIS BOOK RULES!!!

Ok yeah, they really need to make a movie out of that book. It would be kick ass if it was done right.

Who would you pick to play the lead roles of:

Domingo (Ding) Chavez

John Clark (Six)

The rest of the characters on the Rainbow teams could be played by real former or current SWAT/HRT/Spec Ops guys.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (USSoldier11B @ July 31 2002,03:35)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Ok yeah, they really need to make a movie out of that book. It would be kick ass if it was done right.

Domingo (Ding) Chavez

John Clark (Six)

The rest of the characters on the Rainbow teams could be played by real former or current SWAT/HRT/Spec Ops guys.<span id='postcolor'>

in another words..bad acting....do I need to remind you Steven Seagal? biggrin.gif

actually in "clear and present danger" Clark had been played by William Dafoe. could be perfect for this role.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (USSoldier11B @ July 31 2002,03:35)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Ok yeah, they really need to make a movie out of that book. It would be kick ass if it was done right.

Domingo (Ding) Chavez

John Clark (Six)

The rest of the characters on the Rainbow teams could be played by real former or current SWAT/HRT/Spec Ops guys.<span id='postcolor'>

Wow. Hard roles to cast.

For Chavez, it's easy. Unless he's aged really really poorly. Raymond Cruz. The guy who played Chavez in C&PD.

For Clarke..wow...that's just tough.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (scout @ July 31 2002,04:03)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">actually in "clear and present danger" Clark had been played by William Dafoe. could be perfect for this role.<span id='postcolor'>

I dunno. Dafoe is a little too...scrawny... for Clarke. At least the way Clancy writes him. I picture someone taller and a little more bulky. Eastwood would have been good about 15 years ago. But now he's too old.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">For Chavez, it's easy. Unless he's aged really really poorly. Raymond Cruz. The guy who played Chavez in C&PD.

<span id='postcolor'>

Nah...we need a bigger name. Obviously he needs to be hispanic. Grew up in L.A. so he needs to be spunky and street wise.

How bout Antonio Banderas? He did pretty good in The Assassin.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (USSoldier11B @ July 31 2002,04:14)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Grew up in L.A. so he needs to be spunky and street wise.<span id='postcolor'>

kid-laughing-120.jpg

pinlaughingpointing.jpg

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (cybrid @ July 31 2002,03:16)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">In the book "Tom Clancy's: Rainbow Six", The one sniper shoots a terrorist in the head and the majority of the bastards head goes missing. He then shoots through the engine of an escaping van, trapping all the terrorists within. THIS BOOK RULES!!!<span id='postcolor'>

Wouldn't it be great if they could make a game out of that book! tounge.gif

I like the guy who plays Ding in Clear and Present Danger.  he was just like I immagined him.  

Wasn't he in "Training Day"?  He played one of the crazy hispanic poker players who were going to kill Ethan Hawke.  He seemed pretty spunky there.  It was L.A. too.  I think he's perfect for the role of Ding Chavez.

Antonio Banderas....ugh, what the hell are you thinking. I can hardly imagine Ding Chavez doing one of Antonios famous "I'm too sexy" dialogues. "....but I must"

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Antonio Banderas....ugh, what the hell are you thinking. I can hardly imagine Ding Chavez doing one of Antonios famous "I'm too sexy" dialogues. "....but I must"

<span id='postcolor'>

LOL tounge.gif

Yeah, I can just picture it: for the first time ever, the great onscreen duo - Arnold Schwarzenegger as John Clark, Antonio Banderas as Ding Chavez. Who could possibly withstand that pair (both on- and off-screen)... tounge.gifbiggrin.gif

And getting back on topic: the video is really nice, especially the later bits. I can imagine what that sub-caliber round would do to i.e. an aircraft engine or avionics (I do mean a parked aircraft ). The recoil of the Barrett didn't SEEM too bad. Or maybe the guy shooting it was pretty big. wink.gif

The rest of the site has some nice goodies as well - the manuals section looks very handy.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (RalphWiggum @ July 31 2002,04:57)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">in another words..bad acting....do I need to remind you Steven Seagal? biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Oh God NO!!! wow.gif

Or Stone-Face Van Damme. tounge.gif

You know, in Arnies present state (bit grey, not as big as he used to be) I think he would make an excellent John Clark. However, his accent ruins it. If he had an American accent i swear you would find no better John Clark smile.gif

bruce.jpg

He's got the grey thing going on there....he MIGHT be able to do it.  Not really my first choice, but I was just skimming through some actor photos and it's the first one I ran across that could actually pull it off.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (KingBeast @ July 31 2002,11:02)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">You know, in Arnies present state (bit grey, not as big as he used to be) I think he would make an excellent John Clark. However, his accent ruins it. If he had an American accent i swear you would find no better John Clark smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

actually Ahrnie can speak "american" fluently, he married into the kennedies, you think hardcore WASPs like that are going to let a foreign boy who can't speak "american" properly into their family?

the accent is just a marketing gimmick, Ahrnie would not be Ahrnie without it, but i think it's time for a change, especially if he wants to be governor hehe.

Yea, nice commercial.

There is a short flick of a guy firing the Barret in Rainbow Six Covert ops training... CD2

Also Steyr Aug.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Maraudeur @ July 31 2002,20:56)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Ahem...sorry...

What's the soft necessary to read the file please ?<span id='postcolor'>

Real Player

I should reinstall the damn thing so I can watch Ranma 1/2 again biggrin.gif I just wish there was a way to convert .rm to divx'd AVI's