Sign in to follow this  
Tyl3r99

nvidia control panel (best setting?)

If u really wanna have the best graphical result, go to the advanced settings mode and set all settings to the best. For each option u get a short description. So u can decide, what u want. If u have FPS drops with Antialiasing, disable it and activate the FXAA. It's extremely faster with very good results on all graphics (also videos and text fonts). If u have a really good computer with very good components u can activate both (and all other settings in the nVidia control panel).

BTW: FXAA can be a nice effect for non-game-applications. All other applications are also reacting on FXAA (if they use graphics or kind of graphics).

It's simple.

//EDIT

text correction

Edited by Michaelp800

So far with my rig (see sig) I can ultra everything how ever I'm not a fan of the blurred everything I get so I usually take the option to change the draw of blur to the max. I do apologise for not using the correct name but I am away from my computer and can't remember the option.

have you tried FXAA? that sharpens everything

just put it on X32CSAA anisotropic filtering :) and performance mode... to be honest its done wonders thanks people :)

X32CSAA means antialiasing (=AA), not anisotropic filtering (=AF) :)

edit: only with the driver 320.14 i am able to activate fxaa in the driver panel. With all newer drivers i can´t activate fxaa and ingame, i get horrible jaggies (for example in the editor map too). GTX 570, win7-64bit.

Edited by JumpingHubert

I'm glad you guys are having better luck than me with FXAA. I have 2 Titans in SLI, and the Nvidia CP shows FXAA not supported for this application! Even when forced on in global settings, it affects nothing. I get maybe 35-47 frames depending on what I shut/turn down. It's pretty bizarre that after dropping 2 grand on cards, I would likely get better performance with my old 590 >: / Makes me wish I'd put the money in my 69 Camaro pervertible now.............

Win 7 Pro 64

AMD FX 8350 on ASUS Crosshair Formula V

32GB GSkill RIP

X2 ASUS GTX Titans in SLI with latest greatest driver

Dorph;2414730']That probably means its your cpu that sets the limit.

@noXiD, my gpu is powerd out not more than 50-55 % is that okay?

gtx670r ;

strange , wtih i7@4.7ghz and 670gtx I do have 99% of GPU usage. What CPU do you have ?

Edited by PawelKPL

Most important: Don't turn VSync on in NVidia CP. Nasty input lags.

I don't like to set FXAA (or any AA) on NVidia level. Makes fonts etc. unsharp.

Edited by tortuosit

I'm glad you guys are having better luck than me with FXAA. I have 2 Titans in SLI, and the Nvidia CP shows FXAA not supported for this application! Even when forced on in global settings, it affects nothing. I get maybe 35-47 frames depending on what I shut/turn down. It's pretty bizarre that after dropping 2 grand on cards, I would likely get better performance with my old 590 >: / Makes me wish I'd put the money in my 69 Camaro pervertible now.............

Win 7 Pro 64

AMD FX 8350 on ASUS Crosshair Formula V

32GB GSkill RIP

X2 ASUS GTX Titans in SLI with latest greatest driver

Well, I'm not going to lie, having SLI'd Titans with an FX 8350 is almost like having a Ford Fiesta with a Bugatti Veyron engine in it. Sure it seems more powerful, but you'll never achieve the performance that it is capable of. Honestly, you should have gotten one Titan and an Intel Sandy Bridge-E CPU instead. Arma 3 is heavy on CPUs and, well, AMD just hasn't been up to par with Intel since C2D came out. In any case, any limitations you're having are purely CPU based. I'm sorry to tell you that, bud. D:

Anyway, I'm getting excellent performance with no tweaks to NVCP or Inspector, 50+ FPS in multiplayer games with large population. I can't wait until Altis! That might put some stress on my PC :P

Windows 8 Pro

Intel i5-3570k @ 4.5GHz

8GB DDR3-1866 HyperX

Gigabyte Windforce GTX 770 4GB OC edition.

Believe me, it's been a hard lesson on the processor, but everyone hath their cross to bear, and mine is labeled AMD ; ) I'd pony up for the Intel, but I haven't upgraded a P.C. (completely) for a game (and I do dig this sim) since Falcon came out in 1987 (Kids in College and a Camaro to feed now). My how that Compaq 286 cooked along.......

And that was just putting salt in the wound mentioning Altis, ya big meanie ;P

If u need an antialiasing without less gpu or cpu power u should activate FXAA (if supported) and deactivate the "normal" AA-mode.

FXAA works also on fonts and videos.

It's very nice, but still in development, but as I said really nice!

If u need an antialiasing without less gpu or cpu power u should activate FXAA (if supported) and deactivate the "normal" AA-mode.

FXAA works also on fonts and videos.

It's very nice, but still in development, but as I said really nice!

nv controlpanel fxaa is, imo, way too blurry, i prefer the ingame fxaa with sharpening filter over it, or a fxaa/smaa injector like sweetfx