Sign in to follow this  
falcos

Dayz / A3 video info needed?

I found a video that looks very much like the Dayz/A3 one that rocket showed however its from this Community that say they paid bis to use the tools and studio can anyone help me prove this is genuine or is this a video they have taken from dayz/A3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=BRG_y4GKz5I

It's the first I've heard of this project, but the only "BI mo-cap" footage I'm aware of being publicly available is DayZ standalone zombie mo-cap and allegedly this as well; without immediately proclaiming it legit, it doesn't reek of "obvious fake".

There are many of these "Life" mods\gamemodes, but these guys seems to be taking it to the next level.

Doesn't seem to be fake or anything like that.

am not saying fake or anything like that am just wanting to know if anyone has info on if they stole this video and claim it as their own? I know there are number of life mods out there I work for one of the bigest cityliferpg.com as a admin am just wanting to know if this video was a dayz dev and they saying its theres or can any one pay bis to use there tec.

Yer I found that thats why am think its real however I remember dayz doing this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TEKBkfH-Veg and other stuff witch is why I think its stolen, It might just be real if so brill looks like good work.

All that can gauged is that it certainly looks like it was footage from a BI mo-cap studio (don't know if they have multiple identical-looking ones or if it's the same from the DayZ devblog video), and based on the nature of the particular animations it's almost certainly not DayZ standalone mo-cap footage.

Right I called the studio turns out this is true and they did i've been on the phone with them and thinking of doing it myself.

Soooo I guess am Sorry to them and good job on there video hope they do well.

as Smurf posted is legit if other wish to know how they did this all the info is on http://pro.bistudio.com/services/motion-capture

Edited by MadDogX
fixed your link for you :)

Well the cheap way would be to release the proper rigged 3dsmax or Maja skeleton so all the other ordinary mortals could animate keyframes without hassle but I doubt BIS will ever do that - sadly.

Some community members...might ;)

Well the cheap way would be to release the proper rigged 3dsmax or Maja skeleton so all the other ordinary mortals could animate keyframes without hassle but I doubt BIS will ever do that - sadly.

Yet I don't know why.... Why?!

Yet I don't know why.... Why?!

i feel your pain man. there's actually some small, tiny light at the end of the tunnel though. i asked Vespa to release at least some plugins for 3ds max and motion builder and he said he's gonna ask (i think the guy who made the plugins) for them to be released.

that doesn't mean anything is gonna be released though. what baffles me most is that the reason they aren't releasing seems to be that they are embarrassed by the state of the tools. as if we would care about bugs or limitations. the SDK is simply incomplete without anim tools and most mod content is pretty similar (guns vehicles and reskins) due to that limitation. and anyone who says you can make animations with oxygen is either a sadist or a masochist. nothing looking natural can be made with that ancient program.

i've been waiting so long for proper weighting tools for max and now they just released them as if it was nothing. and look at some of the awesome stuff people already do with that in the alpha as opposed to all the arma 2 unit addons that were either johnny's SF or arma 1 sample model reskins...so that shows there's maybe hope for anim tools too. but also that BI's ways are mysterious. so maybe not...

i hope all the complaining over the years didn't make them uber careful with that stuff. the totally outdated tool visitor 3 has shown that there is more than enough passion in the community to overcome the hurdles of a bad interface and bugs as long as you can get real results.

and if Pufu or someone he knows (more info please!!!) will release something proper i won't even care. i don't want to try to understand the reasons they have for not providing animation tools for the modders. all we want is make awesome stuff for this awesome engine. i hope they see that.

Been a while since I've been on the forums, first post in a while, only to see my project's legitimacy being questioned, on multiple forums.

Also for those wondering how we're getting the animations, that's part of what the studio does, they're producing the RTMs so we can simply call the animation using playMove.