USA:

flame thrower

• Colt / Armalite M16A1

Type: Assault rifle

Ammunition: 5,56 x45 NATO/.223 Remington

Charger: 30 clp

ROF: n.a.

• M60

Type: Machine gun full-auto universal (average)

Ammunition: 7,62 x51 NATO

Charger: Tape disintegrable 100 hit in sheet steel

ROF: 550 clp / min.

• M79 "Blooper"

Type: Single shot Launchers

Ammunition: All types of 40mm grenades in service in the U.S. ARMY, generally M397 High Explosive (a splinter) or M386/M441/M406/M381 (only HE, more rare)

Charger: (one-shot)

• Remington M870

Type: Shotgun

Ammo: 12 gauge (12 gauge or if you prefer) loaded with buckshot

Magazine: 7 rounds

ROF: N.D: (pump-action) ...

Vietcong:

• AK (AK-47) Kalashnikov

Type: Assault rifle

Ammunition: 7,62 x39 mark 43

Charger: 30 curved clip clp

ROF: 600 clp / min.

• SKS Simonov

Type: Full-automatic rifle in charger

Ammunition: 7,62 x39 mark 43

Charger: Integral 10 clp ...

interesting

Any updates on this? ARMA3 is PERFECT for a good vietnam mod purely because of the ability to deploy combined arms (arty, inf, air power, etc) in the one game. Eagerly looking forward to this.

*edit*

I love reading LRRP autobiographies from Vietnam ie. 5 man LRRP team inserted behind enemy lines to scout, recon, report and ambush. My ultimate 'vision' is a South Vietnam map (similar in size to Altis) complete with actual names/places (Danang, Vung Tau, Khe Sanh, Ashau valley, etc) and historical firebases complete with choppers (UH1D, UH1B, Cobra, CH47), supporting a/c (A1D, F100, F4, etc), arty, tanks, etc all online ie. scripted enemy AI (similar to VC, NVA) patrolling randomly throughout the jungle (Ho Chi Minh trail, etc) where you could do LRRP missions or standard infantry missions independent of others online.

Now THAT would be awesome.

Edited by Pharoah
additional info

Does anyone know if this still works in Arma 3 full realise?

Other than some errors with the splash screen as well as a few others I've had no issues.

Months ago I have tried to launch VTE in Arma3, I found it playable but the loss of resolution was too disappointing also I found that saved games wouldn't reload it just totally lost its mind.

I hope that someone would put something together for release in Arma3 even if it is just a very simple VC model and a NVA model and one US Infantry model. As far as an island goes the best results will happen once map making tools for Arma3 are released.

found it playable but the loss of resolution was too disappointing

what loss of resolution?

Just wanted to add, so that it doesn't look too quiet in here, that i loved the vietnam mods for Arma2 and i would love to see more for Arma3.

At the moment i'm missing Hueys so much i'm using the modern Canadian mod Hueys, which obviously dont sound the same [too many blades..] but get me halfway there..

I do get a few errors, but nothing that stops me from playing. Something like "such & such is no longer valid"..

I assume thats because of changes in Arma3 going from Alpha through to release..

Anyway, as much as i love modern war in Arma3, i can never have too much 'Nam either..!

Looking forward to further progress on this! :)

what loss of resolution?

What I meant by that is Arma3 has higher resolution then Arma2. The map ported to Arma3 has Arma2 look which is okay if that's what you're used to but I've started to get used to the Arma3 look so its hard for me to go backwards.

I would love to see, as a first step, a VC/NVA pack similar to O'hally's Aggressors and eventually (when there are map tools) a new jungle map. In the mean time the biggest problem for me is no save games since it all ported Arma2 maps error out on reload.

Interesting that so "many" of you have asked for updates. Well no, there are no updates. I haven't done anything VTE wise and nobody, as expected, has offered to help in any way.

I was thinking of hosting server for some VTE preview multiplayer, but dunno if anyone would join. If there would be people joining our server to play, then I would of course work on this preview some more.

SnakeMan, there´s already 4 missions featuring your mod on steamworkshop... I just don´t use more your mod cus the weapons need to be better config´d (the M16 and AK doesn´t have any recoil) and the hands texture´s look like they´re werewolf´s hands (seems extremely furried/haired) but if you´d add aplions Huey (UH-1D), improve the textures and fix the weapons, them your mod would see some popularity...

But I´d advise you to join forces with Alduric and help him release his http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?171893-A3CV-ArmA-3-Coop-Vietnam

cheers!

Welcome to to bis forums Corporal_Lib[bR], perhaps you can find more information about our mod's history from official Vietnam: The Experience web site, as you got this joining thing all wrong ;)

SnakeMan, I know and play VTE mod for A2, but as your mod so far didn´t go past a preview for A3, I assumed the whole VTE team wasn´t willing to make the move to A3 engine, so I assumed you could help Alduric finish his undertaking of Vietnam COOP which would be as close as possible to what VTE did to A2...

Of course I assumed it wrong, and I really hope you guys get some steam of enthusiasm and release a proper VTE version for A3, cus I enjoy a lot Vietnam scenarios and so far I had to make a lot of workarounds to make a missions "kinda like" vietnam-ish...

I´ve signed up BIS foruns last year, but I lurk here (and acess Armaholic on dayly basis) since 2004...

[edit] BTW, I can´t acess your mod´s webpage cus http://tactical.nekromantix.com/ doesn´t loads up here in Brazil (some polish, eastern europe pages get blocked, don´t know why) so I didn´t have means to know your plans... I follow your VTE for A2 through armaholics posts...

Edited by Corporal_Lib[BR]

Hi Snake Man,

I have only played SP but I'd be willing to give MP a try. I've played the Vietnam mods since OPF days and I am still looking forward to playing VTE with the Arma 3 game. I still think that there is a demand for Vietnam era play.

VTE was such a huge work of so many mods I'm sure the thought of porting to Arma 3 seems overwhelming if no one will play it. May I respectfully suggest, as Corporal_Lib said, that another release of VC/NVA with better weapons and secondly a release of US Army be tested with the community now to see what the interest may be.

I have tried the VTE preview and although I enjoyed it, as mentioned in a previous post, I found the straight port to be a bit lacking in Arma 3.

Thanks

P.S. I am play a type of Vietnam Arma 3 adaptation using the CAF-Aggressors mod with Asian faces and the SP Pack generic green & black uniforms for VC/NVA on a couple excellent jungle maps available. I certainly would love to have your work included in my mod list again.

As usual bis breaks the game engine as they go along, I fixed VTE ArmA 3 Preview on I think it was on arma3 v1.22, dunno if that still works in current version heh. Because the situation is like this (stuff breaks as new versions come out) I'm not very excited about fixing VTE preview every week. But we'll see, maybe I get some enthusiasm all of the sudden and release that fix.

You just need to re-config your weapons to use the new sound standard code... not an easy task, but it isn´t the "end of the world" either! You´ve just said you´d fixed VTE preview on ArmA3 v1.22 standards, is the recoil fixed? Hope to see your improved VTE preview someday (of course a full blown VTE mod for A3 would be awesome, but I guess you guys aren´t quite impressed by the new engine...)

I have now fixed and improved VTE ArmA 3 Preview. Fixed the arma3 v1.24 broken weapon sounds, added real arma3 helmet/vest support for the characters, also fixed some texture issues on the terrain, etc.

I'm still working on it, although there is no errors now and it runs very nicely... if there are some hardcore fans who would want to test this and give feedback before release, send a private message to me here and I'll give you a link for test version.

Jesus christ mate, I can't wait. Arma 2 might as well of been VIETNAM SIMULATOR for me, but currently A3 is lacking that black-pajama jungle magic.

Third private test version has been sent to a handful of testers. Some nice game play fixes are included like helmet/vest split from the character models and PBR gunner fixed etc. If there still are someone who wants to do private testing before public release, just send me a private message here.

Keep this up. :) I'd love a modern Vietnam-era FPS. The only decent ones I know (beside AII mods) of are Vietcong series, and they don't have the same depth as ArmA (though I heard the story is good, at least).

but currently A3 is lacking that black-pajama jungle magic.

lol thats gold!

Fourth upgrade sent to private testers, all showstopper bugs have been fixed now. There are still some cosmetic issues but nothing that prevents game play. If testers give thumbs up then I'll do public release so everyone gets to enjoy Vietnam in ArmA 3.

Can't wait. I wonder if there's a surfboard mod for AIII... Not for Charlies, of course. :) Also, I hope someone recreates the "Ride of the Valkyries" scene in AIII someday.