Sign in to follow this  
j0nes

AH-63 gunship (project "operation future point" kickoff )

how did you know! I already have the wings capable of being folded :) and yes ALL of my vehicle models will have hidden selections as well as wireframe templates for you to retexture. Ill try to do desert, woodland, snow, and grey (see ah1 or c130J) as included camos for all models as well except the submarines obviously

Have you got any more WIP images for us? ;-)

@Max Power

The MLODs are not from CMA, all my own creation :) Im very good about making sure credit is given where its due.

The only parts I used that were premade was the tail from the KA-50 out of the ArmA sample vehicles and weapons release from BI.

---------- Post added at 17:20 ---------- Previous post was at 17:18 ----------

Also: the point of this project is to be reasonable with the advancements, so is exactly what I was going for! Its not so much a sci-fi mod as it is just advanced technologies.

Just a heads up: If you're using portions of the arma sample models, then you have to publish it under the same license as the arma sample models, meaning you must make the mlods available to the community.

roger that, no problem

This is actually a rather interesting concept. I like sci-fi stuff like this.

roger that, no problem

Great :) Just making sure you're aware. You can also model your own tail I guess if you object to the license since the ka50 tail isn't the most complex shape.

in all honesty I dont mind posting my MLODs, if someone is going to use them wrongly theyll do it no matter what. Im trying to do some unique interesting things so if people want to use them or the configs for references or use thats fine with me!

how did you know! I already have the wings capable of being folded :) and yes ALL of my vehicle models will have hidden selections as well as wireframe templates for you to retexture. Ill try to do desert, woodland, snow, and grey (see ah1 or c130J) as included camos for all models as well except the submarines obviously

Thank you for choosing an open-ended design in terms of MLODs (not that you had a choice, but you made the choice before you knew you didn't) and so forth, it's really beneficial to the community and others who try to add content. :)

Also, when you fold the wings do you have them going straight up? Or do you tuck them in? I foresee that it'll be impossible to stow the helicopter under deck if you simply raise them upwards, but that limitation might also be a design choice.

the rotor arms (shoulder joints) will rotate backwards towards the fusalage 90 degrees and then the rotor housing itself will rotate flat against the side, like this:

post-814-0-59437500-1369584543_thumb.jpg

In all my designs I try to think with a military mindset of "if you dont NEED it, get rid of it", so while it is a plus for the increased manuverability of the chopper, if its 3x the size of a conventional one in storage, then there's really no point.

@Jones

Looks like some nice vehicles you are building there :) . I know you said in the entry post you wouldn't work on characters - I worked on some cheap scifi soldiers using a opfor retexture, custom helmet and a weapon from blendswap some time ago.

They need some adjustments though (custom hand anims, other retex sets, scope setup..). I lack the time to complete them but if you like them and sb. steps in to help I'd gladly give them out.

http://s14.directupload.net/images/130527/ha8y6ys3.jpg

Just a heads up: If you're using portions of the arma sample models, then you have to publish it under the same license as the arma sample models, meaning you must make the mlods available to the community.

BIS actually has another view on that - also I don't remember any cases were people actually "demanded" the mlods of an addonmaker clearly using sample models. First two posts in the FAQ.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?66013-MLOD-of-all-vehicle-and-soldier-models-released!

I have already answered this. You do not have to provide your sources. You just need to allow others to unpack and modify, under the same license as you received it.

[/Quote]

Yes, this is written in a spirit similar to GNU license. If you want to start your work by modifying our sample models, you "pay" us for this by allowing others to start their work by modifying your models.

(Note the license is not that strong as GNU is, in that it is not forcing you to release your "source" MLOD models.)

You do not have to accept this license, in which case you are limited to the first small bunch of sample models, which are released under a license not having this requirement, or you can start your work from the scratch.

[/Quote]

Edited by Icewindo

Hello Jones, really cool stuff you did here dude, really.

I also challenged myself on creating additive model for arma3, in my case its an Sikorsky CH-53E super stallion, I love this old monster:)

But because I'm new in mod for Arma, i wonder if you have some tutorial or something on adding "playable" vehicules model in Arma3. I found some interresting tuto on re-texturing and weapons and stuff. But nothing on that subject. Really want to see my model in-game like yours !!:yay:

Thank you, and keep the good work.

So is this going to have a camo or a solid color. Personally this is somewhat reminiscent of the V-22. And chance you would do some sort of multiple textures for US Army, Marines, Navy, and then UK forces, German, and whatever else you want? Or would you do sort of a one size fits all standard one? Also just a thought, Sabre made some pretty amazing textures for his Marines, so maybe do a Marines woodland and desert camo on it through him. Would be a great collab.