Sign in to follow this  
Igitur

Walk As Default Mod

Version : 062713. Optimized and signed.

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

** the archive contains both the addon and the script version.

===================================================

You are not registered on Armaholic, or at least not that we are aware of. In the future we offer the possibility to authors to maintain their own pages.

If you wish to be able to do this as well please register on Armaholic and let me know about it.

This is not mandatory at all! Only if you wish to control your own content you are welcome to join, otherwise we will continue to follow your work like we have always done ;)

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Finally walk as default. I've asked for this many times. When i requested a mod i didn't get much help..

Anyway, can you make a version with *just* Walk as default? Not the weapon lowering please?

Cheers

Thanks Igitur, this is a great little mod and I won't play without it.

Thanks Igirur :)

Thanks guys, much appreciated.

@tpw : please be advised that this mod is currently not compatible with the very last version (070613/2) of my Fast Transitions Mod, should you use it. The two mods can actually work together but you wont make the most of the last FT additions. I'll have to scrutinise my variables to sort it out and update one of the two mods. Stay tuned !

Great work on your Fall addon btw :)

Edited by Igitur

Update 07/07/13. Addon version now integrates the FT mod in order to prevent compatibility issues. You must disable the FT mod in your Steam launch parameters to get this one working as intended.

Edited by Igitur

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

Thanks guys, much appreciated.

@tpw : please be advised that this mod is currently not compatible with the very last version (070613/2) of my Fast Transitions Mod, should you use it. The two mods can actually work together but you wont make the most of the last FT additions. I'll have to scrutinise my variables to sort it out and update one of the two mods. Stay tuned !

Great work on your Fall addon btw :)

Thanks Igitur

I'm sure you already know, but just in case you don't, the latest beta dev build has broken this addon with a host of undefined variable errors.

I'm sure you already know, but just in case you don't, the latest beta dev build has broken this addon with a host of undefined variable errors.

Thanks !

Yes I've seen that. There were a few non-crucial variables related to the warning messages that I didn't mind to initialize. That's already fixed.

I also found out the reason that made my two mods not fully compatible and ergo will separate them again, as I think it's preferable to keep things clear and distinct. However, this must be done for both mods at the same time, and since I'm still thinking of some possible FT improvements I wont be able to update before next weekend. The mod is still working with that minor bug isn't it ?

Besides, I'm wondering whether I should disable the vault feature for backpacks as well. As a user of the mod, what would you think ?

Thanks !

Yes I've seen that. There were a few non-crucial variables related to the warning messages that I didn't mind to initialize. That's already fixed.

I also found out the reason that made my two mods not fully compatible and ergo will separate them again, as I think it's preferable to keep things clear and distinct. However, this must be done for both mods at the same time, and since I'm still thinking of some possible FT improvements I wont be able to update before next weekend. The mod is still working with that minor bug isn't it ?

Besides, I'm wondering whether I should disable the vault feature for backpacks as well. As a user of the mod, what would you think ?

Yeah the latest dev update has made variable initialising very important. I had to go over many of my failing scripts and go over the private ["_variable1 ", '_variable2" etc]; with a fine toothed comb.

I like the vault feature, but perhaps you could make it weight dependent using load.

perhaps you could make it weight dependent using load.

Will do. I wasn't even aware of that command ! :couch:

Update 13.07.21.

- Undefined variables error fixed;

- Compatibility issue with FT mod fixed (and hence separate again).

- Ability to vault now dépends on load as well as fatigue condition.

Update 13.07.24.

- Walk/Run Toggle broken after several respawn fixed.

Hey igitur, your bikey seems to be broken. If we use it, our server will be marked red even if we try to join with a vanilla client. PLease be so kind and create a new v2 - signature bikey. Without it, your mod is pretty useless for any dedicated server.

boggler;2451334']Hey igitur' date=' your bikey seems to be broken. If we use it, our server will be marked red even if we try to join with a vanilla client. PLease be so kind and create a new v2 - signature bikey. Without it, your mod is pretty useless for any dedicated server.[/quote']

Sorry to hear. It looks like all my mods are messed up again in multiplayer with the last dev build. I think I wont update anything more before the official game release.

My bikey was created recently with the last available DSCreateKey tool, so I assume it's v2 compatible. I dont know much about that stuff i must say, as I personnaly never play online. Did the mod work before the last dev patch ?

Update 08.17.13

- CBA pre-init EH used instead of post-init makes the mod much more stable in multiplayer.

Can you make a separate walk as default mod?

Can you make a separate walk as default mod?

Not sure I understand what you mean. The mod is CBA dependant but works as a standalone.

Not sure I understand what you mean. The mod is CBA dependant but works as a standalone.

I mean just Walk as default. Without lowered weapon when exitiing a vehicle and without vaulting.

Okay. Wait a minute.

---------- Post added at 19:54 ---------- Previous post was at 19:05 ----------

I mean just Walk as default. Without lowered weapon when exitiing a vehicle and without vaulting.

Here it is : Igit_WAD2.zip. I'll add the link in the first post in case someone else is interested. Besides, I Wonder if the vault feature could explain the red-marked server mentionned above. With that battle-eye stuff implemented, who knows ?

Thanks for this. Next time my friends and i are playing we will use this mod!

Can't speak for everybody but it's nice to have everything separate, makes it easier to toggle on/off if need be.

I haven't tried it online yet..

Good luck!

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

Using this mod, my Shift key, bound to Crouch, stopped working. Just came to report.

Using this mod, my Shift key, bound to Crouch, stopped working. Just came to report.

Crouch/Stand up instead of Crouch (toggle) will work.