Sign in to follow this  
fons

Bipods?

Why do we want a bipoded barret if we cant use it? whats the point of the bipods in this game? if you want to do a realistic game start from the easy things , the bipod attachment at the moment have no sense

Greta, yet another Bipod thread, and yet another new user who can't search before posting :rolleyes:

Anyway...

(when asked about tactical reloads)

No technical possibility so far but there is a lobby for this :)

And then, after tuesday Dev Branch update:

Mh, the Bluefor-MG has a new bipod

Sadly, it's just visual (for now...)

Dwarden also is an insider-supporter. Are we getting somewhere? :rolleyes:

"Visual (for now)" hopefully means they plan on making it do something. Otherwise that's a fair bit of screen space taken up by a useless attachment. :p

EDIT: Er, never mind, I thought DnA said that. I guess we can still hope...

"Visual (for now)" hopefully means they plan on making it do something. Otherwise that's a fair bit of screen space taken up by a useless attachment. :p

Which looked better in it's down position.

I sure hope they become functional, or put it back to the way it was before.

TL;DR to the OP: they haven't modeled underbarrel attachments at all, so the Magpul AFG is purely cosmetic as is the vertical foregrip used in the MX SW pictures, and underbarrel grenade launcher (MX 3GL) is a separate weapon.

Anyway...

(when asked about tactical reloads)

No technical possibility so far but there is a lobby for this :)
Does this mean that as of right now, "+1" tactical reloading is actually impossible on a technical level to implement in Real Virtuality 4?? :eek:

how hard can it be to implement? bipods and weapon resting works fine with ace.

Not animated with ACE though. I take it they need to add another animated part to these weapons and also probably record soldier animations too.

Of course the resting of "usual" weapons should be possible too... ACE style.

Will be awesome though since ACE proved that game mechanics needed for this are already within the engine.

The bipod up is a good position on some types of horizontal cover, at least better than down in some regards. Weapon resting and bipods working would be great to see. Cue and C-Clamp positions also not a bad way of looking at it for vertical.

Edited by Rye

I hate to say this, but...the way bipods worked in BF3 was pretty awesome.

The purple famas pack has implemented bipods into arma3 however it is used with the action menu. So if someone could bind it to a key and config it onto other weapons then it would be great...

Probably on BIS's to do list. They've learned a lot of what the community wants in the 4 years since Arma 2, and all the mods since. It would be logical to assume that if several popular mods have a bipod, then there is a community need for a bipod?

We'll just have to wait, I guess. I'l.l be playing ACE anyway, so it won't matter to me.