Hey KoffeinFlummi,

i looked at your newly Unwraped USP (hope ya dont mind). The only "issue" i found is that your normal map isnt really corresponding to the Gun itself. I assume you didnt use a highpoly model or bake any kind of maps right?

With a properly baked or built normal map the gun would look completly different ^^

hi guys, i'm having a bit of a problem getting this to work, popup No Entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgGlasses.muzzle_snds_L' please can anyone help with this message as i would like to use this as it looks great.

hi guys, i'm having a bit of a problem getting this to work, popup No Entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgGlasses.muzzle_snds_L' please can anyone help with this message as i would like to use this as it looks great.

This is the first time I actually get to see the full error message, thanks. Are you using other mods, and are you using the dev-build or the normal one?

It's most likely another mod causing the issue, since "muzzle_snds_L" is a default BIS class. Some people over in the R3F thread have been reporting incompatibilities with the HAFM mod. Are you using that by any chance?

Hey KoffeinFlummi,

i looked at your newly Unwraped USP (hope ya dont mind). The only "issue" i found is that your normal map isnt really corresponding to the Gun itself. I assume you didnt use a highpoly model or bake any kind of maps right?

With a properly baked or built normal map the gun would look completly different ^^

Sry for the late response. You're right, I didn't use a high-poly model for the normals, I just converted a height-map.

you could get an Ambient Occulision map with just the Low-Poly model and then convert the AO to a Normal map, that should give you at least some more detail on the weapon.

xNormal works amazingly well for that purpose.

Say whaaaaaaaat?

Yes you can convert AO to normals, there is several different methods you could use ,they all deliver lesser results then actually baking it from a high poly, but they work.

Or you could attempt to draw them by hand using different types of software, though be warned that is a terrible long process.

Please, share these techniques. At the moment I think you must be thinking of a cavity map.

Technically you can convert any kind of map to any other kind of map, but that doesn't mean it's effective.

Please, share these techniques. At the moment I think you must be thinking of a cavity map.

Technically you can convert any kind of map to any other kind of map, but that doesn't mean it's effective.

I am using Quixel nDo to create the normals from the AO. The AO needs some slight touch ups on some parts though or you will end up editing the normal.

But it doesnt matter how hard you try - it is almost impossible to get to the point of modeled Highpolys baking the Normal.

The ammount of effort put in of course depends on what you think is easier for you.

Edited by fluttershy

Hmm, I just tested this out and for an accurate normal map I wouldn't recommend using this method. I could see it working on something that has forms that are difficult to define like random organic surface micro textures, but for normal maps that are augmenting actual geometry or require precision I would stay away from it.

Hmm, I just tested this out and for an accurate normal map I wouldn't recommend using this method. I could see it working on something that has forms that are difficult to define like random organic surface micro textures, but for normal maps that are augmenting actual geometry or require precision I would stay away from it.

But it also works great for small things that you dont want to model on your Highpoly. Like Serial numbers, Company logo imprints, the handgrip of a pistol or rifle. For me, it works juuuust fine ^^

Using the virtual box the 9mm shows up but not the .45

Hmm. I'm not quite sure how exactly the VAB selects the weapon it shows. I noticed it only has the "base" guns, not the ones with attachments, so it might have something to do with the fact that the USP .45 inherits the class of the 9mm version. I'll look into it when I find the time.

Hey Flummi, nice mod! I love the USP, but the ones included in the various other mods each have different issues. I think yours are the nicest as far as having the choIce between black and tan versions.

But there is no sound when firing the gun? This goes for silenced as well as unsilenced.

Cheers!

as far as i know, this mod is no longer supported. However you can find the latest version of the P8 in the BWmod.

• Like 1

as far as i know, this mod is no longer supported. However you can find the latest version of the P8 in the BWmod.

Yes but it is really nice, as its a .45 Version, its good for german SOF Units.

• Like 2

Yes but it is really nice, as its a .45 Version, its good for german SOF Units.

I was under the impression the P8 is the 9mm version of the USP and used by All German units to include SF?

I was under the impression the P8 is the 9mm version of the USP and used by All German units to include SF?

No german SOF Units, as in Kampfschwimmer, EGB or KSK are using the P12 which is the USP45 Tactical.

• Like 2

No german SOF Units, as in Kampfschwimmer, EGB or KSK are using the P12 which is the USP45 Tactical.

USP tactical as in Compact version also used by DEVGRU?

I'm looking to have a decent USP model for my KSK adding, right now I don't want to have anyone dependent on other mods so there's no sideaems associated, I have a P8 model, that need a bit of work, but if they're not using it, will can that idea.

Thanks for the info

• Like 1

Isn't DEVGRU using the HK45C?

Anyway.

The P12 is the full size USP 45 Tactical, so just the HK USP 45 with a threaded Barrel for mounting suppressors, usually a LLM-01 is also attached.

I've read about them using AAC Ti-RANT 45 Cans for the USP since around 2014.

p126oc72yd.jpg

Also read in the german Special Forces Magazine about them testing the PPQ-M2 chambered in .45 ACP and the Glock 19 but the Glock 19 wasn't that well received.

They also seem to use the HK P30.

• Like 2

Yeah, that is why I ended up geting this mod, no other mod has a good version of it. Somebody should really do it... ;) .

Hey Flummi, nice mod! I love the USP, but the ones included in the various other mods each have different issues. I think yours are the nicest as far as having the choIce between black and tan versions.

But there is no sound when firing the gun? This goes for silenced as well as unsilenced.

Cheers!

I've had a look at the config for this, and he's missing sound classes, that's why there's no sounds appearing.

A simple config re-write should be able to fix this ;)

• Like 1

I've had a look at the config for this, and he's missing sound classes, that's why there's no sounds appearing.

A simple config re-write should be able to fix this ;)

Oh... I wish I knew how to do that :P

Have you tried getting in comms with the maker? He was online only a week or so back, so he's still active.

All he really needs to do is look at the A3 pistols cfg and look at the sound classes, and insert them into his configs.

I could attempt it, but it's not my addon, and I'm not overly fond of fixing other peoples addons, without their permission.

• Like 1