Sign in to follow this  
andressergio

How come Bohemia Interactive ARMA3 not runing smooth on this setup

People without offensive intentions, i regret buying this product, i understand that its ALPHA but im very experienced on hardware and programming software...i know when a product seems to be leading good or not

how come since FIRST day i get months ago the ALPHA i STILL edit the map and play on the bay and i get 35fps jumping to 45 and 60 !!!

on this system...

[iM]http://i.imgur.com/drOZsAM.jpg[/img] >100 KB

[iM]http://i.imgur.com/NorpJ3z.jpg[/img] >100 KB

[iM]http://i.imgur.com/7AsXymW.jpg[/img] >100 KB

[iM]http://i.imgur.com/a3iMJKF.jpg[/img]>100 KB

ASUS M5E BIOS 0022

I3770K@5Ghz HT on Water

2x4Gb Gskill TridentX 2666CL10-12-12-31 1T

2x ADATA SSD SX900 256GB Sata III

1x SEAGATE ST3000DM001 3TB Sata III

3x SLI GALAXY GTX680 SOC

CORSAIR AX1200

SAMSUNG 32EH5300 LCD TV

Coolermaster HAF X

W7x64 SP1

Edited by Max Power

-Hey everybody! Look how kewl my rig is with all this blue tubes and lights!! Oh, and by the way - Arma sucks!!!

One of those guys who spends as much as he possibly can, expects to max everything, then has a hissy fit when he can't.

This ain't BF3 (or 4), no amount of GPU horsepower is going to overcome the CPU limitations.

You can always stare at the sky - you'll pin 60FPS there ;)

And yeah, total brag thread (not really even stealth - why do we need pics of the rig exactly, how does that illustrate the problem?)

This thread is actually useful becuase it shows what not to shell out on to expect more, so in some ways its good benchmark test done without us paying, so thanks :)

Welcome to learning how Arma works, its deff not a small scale linear fest, and very CPU orientated. Seeing as you have flashy rig, why not benchmark results and post them to the support feedback section throughout Alpha/beta, thats worth more than any blue neon picture.

Posting in e-peen thread :cool:

weird responses to this thread... I am not running a rig as beefy as this but with everything on mid - low - high it doesnt matter... i am getting 30-50 fps on average... i would like to see the settings he is running the game at.

I did figure out one trick to get a slightly better fps (gained around 10fps and usually dont drop below 30)

i set everything in game to standard or mid level (AA disabled), then i turned everything up in nvidia's control panel, the game looks as good as it does on highest settings and is more stable. however, we shouldnt have to do anything like this as it indicates poor optimization. I really hope to see it run smoother.

to those who are jealous or simply viewing this as a boast post; is the game running smooth and solid for you at any settings? are you staying around or above 60fps? if so please post your settings and configuration. I hope to see every feature under the sun in arma3 however, i really hope stability and optimization comes first.

my rigg:

evga gtx 580 3gb

i7 950

24gb ram ddr3

It is a boast post - explain to me why we need pics of the guys machine in the context of the game not running according to his expectations.

I get a mix of 30-60 but we must remember that this is an alpha and there is much optimization etc to be done.

I didn't detect any jealousy here, I think if he'd just asked the question and left out the pictures of his rig, it would have been fine.

And yeah, total brag thread (not really even stealth - why do we need pics of the rig exactly, how does that illustrate the problem?)

My thoughts exactly, written specs illustrates enough information. OP ask your father if he can donate a sizeable amount of money to BIS to fund your cause for higher FPS.

People without offensive intentions, i regret buying this product, i understand that its ALPHA but im very experienced on hardware and programming software...i know when a product seems to be leading good or not

Pray tell, how does one know when an alpha is leading in a good direction or not, oh wise one. :rolleyes:

it may be a brag post on that extent; oh well... to focus on that and not the issue at hand is irresponsible. i see it a lot in this community along with well, almost every community. viciousness of people is out of hand. treating each other with respect seems to be a thing of the past many times.

Anyways, yes its an alpha, well aware. Historically, arma has been poorly optimized and i hope it isn't the same way by beta; create a strong foundation/engine that is well optimized, and build up from there. BI is a great developer though, so I hope the keep in the direction they are going and I encourage them to focus on stability and optimization. the game can be beautiful and have all the features in the world, but if we only get an average of 30-40 fps along with dips in performance, that will kill the experience.

that said, a3 is overall smoother than a2 or a1 was... so there is hope

It is a boast post - explain to me why we need pics of the guys machine in the context of the game not running according to his expectations.

I get a mix of 30-60 but we must remember that this is an alpha and there is much optimization etc to be done.

I didn't detect any jealousy here, I think if he'd just asked the question and left out the pictures of his rig, it would have been fine.

Please search before posting, read the stickies and please observe the forum image size limits.

Here is a comparable sticky thread: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?147183-What-computing-system-do-you-have-for-the-Arma-3-Alpha

§15) Do not hotlink images over 100kb (102400 bytes) in size

Do not link images over 100kb using the IMG tags to display an image in your post. If you wish to post an image larger then 100 kb feel free to post the URL instead of hotlinking.

§7) Search before posting

If you have a question, please use the forum search function before posting to make sure that it hasn't been answered before. There is a big chance it has, not only does searching help to keep the forum free of multiple threads it will also help you to get an answer much quicker.

§8) Post in the right forum & right thread

Please ensure you make new threads in the correct forum, if you're unsure of which forum to post in feel free to ask a moderator. If a thread exists for the topic you wish to post about you must use it, for example all ACE questions belong in the ACE thread. All addon/mod questions belong in the thread for that addon/mod. In the case of DayZ discussions they should be posted on the DayZ forums, this includes problems with the Modification. The troubleshooting forum is not for problems with Addons and Mods!