Sign in to follow this  
jumpartist

SO DayZ gets an ACRE in game but ARMA3 doesnt?

ACRE certainly can and should be easier to use.

If I could cherry pick one feature from ACRE that would already make a huge difference at any scale it's that direct VON with directional sound should be a separate thing from everything else.

I can't help but agree with the OP. DayZ is getting a lot of engine improvements that could be really useful (or are even sorely needed) in Arma3 but probably won't get ported; most important IMO is the client-server architecture (something that should really be a given for any current generation MP game). As much as I respect the effort BattlEye and Dwarden are making to improve Arma's MP security, it seems like they're frantically trying to plug the holes in a submarine made of swiss cheese.

Ironically, I foresee that - once DayZ standalone becomes moddable, some time after release - people are going to start porting Arma content over to it, because the engine will be much more suitable for public MP. Then we will have come full circle. :D

Lets see first how good it will be. If it's so good that community really wants it then I can't see it beign hard to port it from DayZ.

Still, ACRE (even if it's a simpler version) should be in the final game by default. You can always say "Yeah, modders will take care of it...", but this will only split the community due to heavily modded servers. I love Arma's addon system and playing in closed teams, but that doesn't change that BIS should implement as many useful features as possible from the get-go. They can't just update the graphics, add new animations and pbo's and call it Arma 3. This is the chance to make the best game in the series. That being said, the feedback tracker gives me hope that they actually listen to our feature requests.

Take all ze goods from other games and stick it to Arma 3! Nao!

A3 iz a simulation and have to have all ze things!

Take all ze goods from other games and stick it to Arma 3! Nao!

A3 iz a simulation and have to have all ze things!

Good job completely missing the point.

I don't think anyone can really argue that ArmA 3 doesn't desperately need something like ACRE built in (not a mod), at least as an option.

We don't know for sure that the A3 devs aren't implementing something like this so I'll reserve judgement for the Beta. But PLEASE DO THIS! :D

Okay, so in 3 short pages and a couple of posts, we have come to the feature requests portion of the thread life cycle. Inevitable like a collapsing star.

Is there anything else or can we close it?