Sign in to follow this  
mithbun

I hate Steam's download version

I, for some miracle of God, got past my first bug.... (Picking up the second cargo container), now I can't drop the tower antenna successfully! Wish Steam would reply to my email so I can buy the CD version!

I drop the antenna exactly where I'm supposed to, but it doesn't release it... buggers~!

The game is exactly the same if you buy it on CD(As long as you install the latest updates). If there are bugs they will be on both versions.

Hi again,

I can do nothing more than disagree with the later statement. I have bought the CD, played the career twice and had no problems at all. Everything was smooth and without bugs.

Also the antenna mission is not mandatory so you can always skip it although that now you have started it I don't think that you can.

Last but not least, do the difficulties occur when you try to attach the antenna on the tower?

Maybe the altitude should be adjusted or maybe you must go a bit left or right. Are you perfectly sure that you are in the right position?

I mean a meter or so could make the difference. I personally tried many times before succeeding even with auto-hover, couldn't possibly leave it aside the first time......

I am under the impression that the Steam game is exactly the same. I am also under the impression that Steam automatically keeps it updated as patches/new versions come out. This is Steam's bread and butter, how can it be wrong???

the binaries and content is same ...

I have no problems getting the antenna, just delivering it. I actually got low on fuel one because I kept trying drop it. I don't ever remember having any problems when I first got the game... not sure what has changed.

I still want the CD because in the event that I need to reinstall I won't have to worry about downloading it again. I have an above average high speed DSL and it took me HOURS to download it. Also, as it stands now I can't play without being online. I'm assuming that's not the case with the CD version?

Does anyone know where the game's installed (Steam version)? I have checked everywhere and can't find it.

EDIT: Well that was interesting. Imagine me blaming the game LOL. Now I'm suspecting it's just user-error! I restarted the mission and did everything I normally do. I picked up the antenna, then transported it to the spot where I was to drop it off. I laid it down perfectly, then landed my heli next to it so I could take a screen shot, then post it here. The antenna was spot on where it was supposed to be, then I hit, "ALT/ENTER" to exit the full screen mode. Guess what..... (dramatic pause)... the load was disconnected! Hmmm... strange. I thought in the easiest mode, the load was supposed to disconnect automatically. Well, either the "alt" key or the "enter" key disconnected the load (or the combination).

Now I can move on with life... LOL. Thanks for the replies, sorry for wasting everyone's time... OH, one thing I didn't understand was something about a 40° angle. Not sure what that meant... but apparently I did it correctly and I just needed to release the load.

Okay... back to the game I go! LOL

Edited by mithbun

The Steam version should be around here: E:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\take on helicopters

Of course, change the E:\ to whatever is right for your install. :D

Once there, if you create a shortcut of the ToH.exe and pop it on your desktop, you can run ToH without Steam running. :) Does for me anyway.

The Steam version should be around here: E:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\take on helicopters

Of course, change the E:\ to whatever is right for your install. :D

Once there, if you create a shortcut of the ToH.exe and pop it on your desktop, you can run ToH without Steam running. :) Does for me anyway.

That's it, thanks!