Sign in to follow this  
munger

New soundpack for ofp and resistance

I created a soundpack for OFP and Resistance (it will work with both) using a selection of all the best sounds I could get my hands on. The samples are taken from existing mods; mainly Satchel's Dynamic Range and Wright's Soundmod V12, but also some other places. As well as replacing all the standard OFP sounds it includes new M2 Bradley, G36, Steyr and Kozlice effects. It replaces the existing files in your OFP/Resistance directory and thus will work fine in multiplayer with people who do not have the mod.

Download here (thanks to Zodiac at www.ofp-zone.de for hosting):

http://www.ofp-zone.de/download.php?dl=true&id=144

Please send any feedback to paul_harris@btinternet.com.

Enjoy! smile.gif

Guest Zodiac

Im Gunship not Zodiac!

In this Forum i had the Name Zodiac, i forgotten Password for my Gunship User biggrin.gifwink.gif

great job munger!!!! best addon to date In my opinion. DEFINITELY worth downloading. This addon adds a new level of realism to OFP. Keep up the great work munger

Great news. Tried wright's soundpack last night and I think is much better than the orig resistance sounds, but Sathels soundpack is still the best IMHO.

But could somebody please tell which sounds are changed in this pack and from who the new sounds are taken from.

Thanks in advance...

It is always good to hear news about a new sound pack !

Could anyone post links to the various best soundpacks available and that works for both OFP and OFP:R ??

Thanx Munger anayway. ..I will test yours ASAP smile.gif

Munger, something's wrong with your soundpack.

I played Battlefields last night and suddenly I had an error message coming up, something about "Resistance - missind add-on".

I am pretty sure I have Resistance installed confused.gif

Is that a screwed up copy of mine, or is your soundmod doing stuff?

I haven't experienced any problems at all with my sounds; certainly not a message like that, and no complaints from anyone else so far. Did you replace all the files?

I will try Battlefields now to see if I get the message too. Be back in a bit... smile.gif

I just played Battlefields through to completion, with no problems. The only thing I can think of is that you try reinstalling the sound addon, making to sure to put everything in the right places and in the right folders (for OFP and Resistance depending on which you are playing). If you still have the problem perhaps the download was corrupted slightly? Other than that I think it must be something to do with your Resistance installation.

Maybe someone else could play the Battlefields mission with my soundpack and let us know if there were any problems? smile.gif

Thanks! I was never happy with Wright's soundpack compared to Satchel's. Your soundpack ensures Resistance doesn't grate on my ears anymore.

Glad to hear it. Sounds like (geddit? wink.gif) it's a problem with your Resistance Ex-Ronin. sad.gif

Looks like the site's down so try again later Vosku. smile.gif

Yeah, I found this out the hard way, when I was at 90% and it cut off.... With my 56k! smile.gif It was taking about two hours, and then I found out that the site went down. *sigh*

Oh well! tounge.gif

My compliments Munger, this sound replacement is by far the best package out there. biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Finally the SVD and M21 sounds don't get on my nerves, not to mention the MG's.

Great stuff, good choices. What else can I say, it's the best I think. smile.gif

Does this pack change ALL the sounds in OFP then? Even the trees being knowcked over? all the weapons and vehicles? Including engine sounds, weapon sounds etc?

Vyper

That file has a strange name no?

Battlesounds1.0[1]

What kind of file is that? I tried to change it to zip but nothing to unzip. should I rename it to battlesound.pbo?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Albert Schweizer @ Aug. 25 2002,16:44)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">That file has a strange name no?

Battlesounds1.0[1]

What kind of file is that? I tried to change it to zip but nothing to unzip. should I rename it to battlesound.pbo?<span id='postcolor'>

It's a zip file. I had trouble DL'ing it with IE's builtin Dl client. Now I'm Dling with Internet Download Manager w/o problems.

i ll test it...and u ll have my feedback next time i see you ingame munger, and personnally i use flashgate for DL

*though when i was on 56k and ISDN i used mostly DAP for DLing through net*

It changes NEARLY all the vehicle, weapon and explosion sounds, as well as a few environmental sounds. Unchanged sounds include the truck engines and the AK/PK sounds, which are both from Resistance. I'm creating a separate version which use Satchel's sounds for these though. And yes, the 'tree falling down' sound is new.

I like this pack. Pretty good. If you were to make a pack that used Satchels assulat rifle sounds, I would be really happy. I can admire the time and effort it takes to encode all those sounds into friggin .wss format, and then re-pack them. it takes some patients.

Oh and the ability to use these sounds online on servers not running the same sound pack is key. Editing config files is an ancient and outdated technique not needed anymore.

Because of strong demand I've created a version of Battlesounds 1.1 which uses Satchel's AK/PK/M16 effects. I can't get hold of Satchel since he seems to have disappeared, but he gets full credit in the readme anyway. Still need somewhere to host it though.