Sign in to follow this  
terox

zeu_ServerSkill (Serverside AI skill setting addon with userconfig configuration)

Follow the instructions in the readme that comes with the download please

You should then have no issues.

If there is something you do not understand in the readme, please then post your query here so I can improve the clarity of the readme

Thx for the answer. I have installed in the Arma3 Folder on the server, right? an i have installed the CBA_A3_beta4 in the Arma3 folder on the server, too. And on the server homepage i have made under Startparameter Mod-start the entry @zeu;@CBA_A3. In the userconfig i have the option (7,0) ... BLOODHOUND ... BUT the enemys silly and dont hit anything ... what is wrong?

plz help me!!!!

1) Change the startup for the mod folders to load @CBA first

2) use the default settings _option=[3,3];

3) There is a verification mission to check you have installed everything correctly

4) There is a development mission where you can test the abilities of the AI and be given some feedback via hint messages.

If you believe they cannot hit anything, run the development mission while having zeu_serverskills on default settings, switch action menu to "Combat data" and tell me what % hit rate they have at 300m and then at 200m

ok i try that

---------- Post added at 16:28 ---------- Previous post was at 16:01 ----------

Hello,

now the mod is running .... !!!! i have 177 hits till i was at 200m ... a percent i have not seen ... but this is a good hit quote i think .... THX A LOT!!!! ... Very nice mod!!!!!!!

The 1.5 release has been repacked to include an updated version of the development mission. The addon itself remains unchanged

There is a slight issue with the resetting of the counters that report back the hit ratio, the fired event handler sometimes stops responding

Am having difficult figuring out why, easy fix for now restart the mission

I would be interested in seeing a copy of anyones skill matrix values that aren't running the default settings

1) Change the startup for the mod folders to load @CBA first

Is this critical Terox?

I assume thats the same as:- last in the command = 1st loaded?

Is this critical Terox?

I assume thats the same as:- last in the command = 1st loaded?

Oh didnt know that, I thought it was loaded in the order it was defined. Are you sure ?

I've always defined -mods with CBA first and our custom pack last. It's never caused us any issues.

As a sideline and of interest to those using this mod. i am currently working on a cfgAIskill addon. This is a simple to make addon, its the values that require honing.

I tested it on our gaming server tonight, and it made a lot of difference.

Here's how the AI skill system works

The cfgAIskill sets the range of skill values that the mission editor or setskill command can operate with

Here is the current BIS values

class CfgAISkill
{
aimingAccuracy[] = {0,0,1,1};
aimingShake[] = {0,0,1,1};
aimingSpeed[] = {0,0.5,1,1};
endurance[] = {0,0,1,1};
spotDistance[] = {0,0.2,1,0.4};
spotTime[] = {0,0,1,0.7};
courage[] = {0,0,1,1};
reloadSpeed[] = {0,0,1,1};
commanding[] = {0,0,1,1};
general[] = {0,0,1,1};
};

Now if we take a specific look at one setting.... lets say aimingAccuracy

The first value is the low skill setting (which would normally be 0) Liken this to setskill = 0. Or the slider that defines the unit skill in the mission editor would be fully to the left

The second value is the skill value the unit will have when setskill = 0, or the mission editor Unit skill slider is turned fully down

The third value is the High skill setting (Normally 1). Setskill = 1 or mission editor Unit skill slider fully to the right

The 4th value is the skill value if the unit is setskill = 1

If you set the mission editor skill slider to 50% or setskill 0.5, the actual value you will get is halfway between value 2nd and 4th value

so for a 0.75 setskill or slider at 75% for the following value

aimingAccuracy[] = {0,0,1,0.5};

the units actual aimingaccuracy would be 0.375

Until today, i though setskill overwrote the config value. I now know it is a modifier and will edit the actual value somewhere between the high and low value

so if I had

aimingAccuracy[] = {0,0.2,1,0.8};

75% skill slider or 0.75 setskill would return an actual unit skill of 0.6

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The best way then to edit the ai skills is not with this addon, as it only effects the ai skill in a minor way.

(This addon could still be useful but will likely become redundant)

For that reason i will be releasing, once I get the values correct a new zeu_cfgAIskill addon.

This will be node specific, eg the server can run it, the client can run it, both can run it.

My testing at the moment has returned the following data

BASE:

8 * OPFOR rifleman at a range of 300m on the runway with clear line of site to the players

with the aimingaccuracy defined in red, the ratio of shots fired to hits is as follows

{0,0,1,0.5}; (Half of BIS upper value)

skill slider ..... 0.25 .... 0.5 .... 0.75 .... 1

Prone: ..... 0% .... 8% .... 18% .... 25%

Stood: ..... 1% .... 11% .... 33% .... 50%

Running ..... 0-1 % .... 0-1% .... 0-1% .... 0-1% (Negligible, lucky shots)

if I then change the cfgAIskill value to {0,0.2,1,0.4};

At 300m on setskill 1 (slider fully up) the hit rate is 40% when stood still

At a skillset of {0,0.2,1,0.33}; the accuracy drops to 35%

The values are pretty consistent, with a slight fluctuation of approximately 5-10%

This is where I am at present.

My intention is to try and match the AI skill in certain attributes to that of the players

So that their aiming accuracy, spotting distance etc is as close as I can get it to the players abilities.

Another issue i found, is that AI do not lead their shots, infact the less accurate the greater the chance they have to hit you when you are running

Edited by Terox

Many thanks for all this hard work Terox....you're indeed a credit to the Arma community! :)

Tom

I just spent the last 3 hours reading this topic, as well as the readme file. I am not a scripting literate. With that said, are their laymans terms or simple instructions for editing this config so that I can retard these enemies? Im talking very simple, for example what exactly I need to do to lower their skill level. Any chance someone can provide me a sample default config file for weak enemies? Anything in laymans terms will suffice. Excuse my ignorance, thank you.

Inside your Arma 3 installation folder is a folder called "userconfig"

Inside "userconfig" is a folder called "zeu"

Inside "zeu" is a file called "zeu_ServerSkills.hpp"

Open "zeu_ServerSkills.hpp" with notepad or Notepad++ if you have it (wonderful program - I highly recommend it).

Inside "zeu_ServerSkills.hpp", find "_option = [3,2];" and replace the "[3,2]" with "[0,0]" to make the AI as incompetent as can be.

Restart your server if it's already running, and enjoy not being shot every time the AI sneezes in your direction.

These instructions do assume that the mod has been installed completely and properly.

I comprehend that and certainly appreciate it. Thank you.

Unfortunately my experience has been that using the mod alone does not make a noticeable (enough) change to the AI skill (specifically aiming precision). I believe this is the point of the post by Terox talking in detail about his discoveries with CfgAIskill. I have play tested the zeu_ServerSkill mod to death and cannot get anywhere near the results I am looking for. I am patiently awaiting the CfgAIskill mod he mentions in hopes it will let me tone down the AI so that my group can have a fun evening of Domination. Right now it's just frustrating. I don't mind difficult but...200+ yard instakills are no fun =/

Edited by Y_T
Clarify

Unfortunately my experience has been that using the mod alone does not make a noticeable (enough) change to the AI skill (specifically aiming precision). I believe this is the point of the post by Terox talking in detail about his discoveries with CfgAIskill. I have play tested the zeu_ServerSkill mod to death and cannot get anywhere near the results I am looking for. I am patiently awaiting the CfgAIskill mod he mentions in hopes it will let me tone down the AI so that my group can have a fun evening of Domination. Right now it's just frustrating. I don't mind difficult but...200+ yard instakills are no fun =/

I thought this too...however if you turn down all the shooting related skills to 0.04 you will then see a noticeable difference. NOT 0.4....use instead 0.04

The only thing that would be nice as an improvement would be the ability to set each faction (friendly vs enemy).

Have been busy,

I'll get something out this week. I have been running a test build that is directly changing the values at config level.

I have discovered a lot of things recently with how the setskill works and a better system is a simple config rewrite which is working a lot better.

Have been busy,

I'll get something out this week. I have been running a test build that is directly changing the values at config level.

I have discovered a lot of things recently with how the setskill works and a better system is a simple config rewrite which is working a lot better.

sounds good, looking forward to it!

Just a headws up, sorry for not cracking on with this. At the moment I am ripping my house apart to do some building works, I need to get this done before i can get some PC time in. Hopefully by the back end of next week................................

This may not come as a surprise, but I'm not so certain this addon is functioning on the latest DEV build. Come to think of it, I'm not so sure it's been functioning since the latest stable build, either. The reason I say this is because AI seem to be doing things the way they did before I installed the latest version of this addon.

^^ its simple to test. start a mish with the ai on 7 see if u get owned, and then the test again with ai on 0 they cant hit anything.

we just ran a mish with lots of enemy for a couple of hours on a dedi server on dev. I would say that it is working as every other time we have played the game since release the AI have been too good and now they are dumbed down to an enjoyable level. lookin forward to the updated version!

This mod was installed properly and has worked for the longest time with very noticeable affect. I haven't changed a thing on my end, so I can only guess at this point that one or more of the latest updates have somehow broken it. Dedicated servers function a bit differently than local servers. It may still function find when dedicated.

The AI is set to [0,2] and they're skills are definitely greater than these options suggest they should be. They're laying down very accurate fire from 100m+ with aiming accuracy of 0.2. They start shooting at me almost as soon as they appear in my sights with aiming speed of 0.35. I play alone on a local server (for benefits like respawn and whatnot) and my userconfig file reflects this.

This mod was installed properly and has worked for the longest time with very noticeable affect. I haven't changed a thing on my end, so I can only guess at this point that one or more of the latest updates have somehow broken it. Dedicated servers function a bit differently than local servers. It may still function find when dedicated.

The AI is set to [0,2] and they're skills are definitely greater than these options suggest they should be. They're laying down very accurate fire from 100m+ with aiming accuracy of 0.2. They start shooting at me almost as soon as they appear in my sights with aiming speed of 0.35. I play alone on a local server (for benefits like respawn and whatnot) and my userconfig file reflects this.

see if this helps: (post #165)

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?152393-zeu_ServerSkill-(Serverside-AI-skill-setting-addon-with-userconfig-configuration)&p=2452398&viewfull=1#post2452398

I'm thinking the update to .76 might have messed something up. I had finally worked out some AI settings that my group was happy with (.1 aiming) two weeks ago. Now the AI is back to insane levels. Double checked the RPT and it shows Zeu stats in place but just doesn't feel right in game.

Bummer.

Edit:

After a night of play testing it *appears* that the Enemy skill and precision settings in the Basic.cfg are working (better? at all?). I started changing the Zeu numbers and noticed very little change. I then changed the CFG precision from .5 to .1 and the enemy AI could not kill anyone (from 5 feet away). Moving it back up to .4 and the AI is back in business but at normal human levels.

Perhaps this is old news that I missed in the last, huge, change log?

BTW this is on a dedicated server.

Edited by Y_T
New info