Sign in to follow this  
mallow

How to De-PBO Files

Hi, I've been trying to understand how to reskin soldiers recently and I came across a problem - It's bally confusing!

PBOview gives me "It doesn't appear to be an arma file" messages.

Eliteness is a shifty program.

BinPBO doesn't de-pbo files.

So can anyone point me towards a good program that de-pbos files without being overly confusing?

Hi Welcome to BIS forums!

Ones I use all the time, almost daily, are either pbo manager

or Cpbo.

Here is a tutorial for retexturing soldiers if it may help, but you will still need to open a pbo.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?130324-Help-Is-there-a-simple-guide-on-how-to-retexture&p=2094507&viewfull=1#post2094507

• Thanks 1

Thanks for the pbo manager!

Also, can you recommend an Unrapify program? Google dosen't return many results.

About a month ago I downloaded eliteness and it allowed me to depbo things from PMC. PBO's that were previously locked because of unkown block in the header were now available to me. I finally got to see some of the pmc missions and their settings.

Problem is my computer crapped out and is useless. I download eliteness along with the depbo.dll file like before and now I can't open anything. Maybe one of you guys knows what happened. I don't remember exactly which files I had (that file page is very confusing) I don't know if I got the right files or not. Help please.

PMC was only possible to unpack for a short while due to an error on the BI side. You can extract the light files of the DLC though.

Where are the lite files? I looked last week and couldn't find them.

Edited by victim913

In the "Common" folder.

Btw i strongly recommend mikero tools for unpboing, by far the best and the only that its still getting updates and improvements :)