Sign in to follow this  
alduric

Vehicles... Where They Are Now...

Like in title, which .pbo guys :F? arma3/addons/ < NO IDEA :F>

//Edits

I got helis :P but cant find cars.

Edited by Alduric

For the wheeled vehicles, they are in soft_f.pbo.

Also i think this fits better in Addons Editing: configs....sorta.

No wai! How i miss that, oh i know - soft dosnt mean vehicle :D Thx mate!

I can only guess but i think it is related to armor. You declare vehicles with no armor as "soft targets" and armored vehicles as "hard targets". As said, this is just an assumption but the only one that makes at least some sort of sense. Would have preferred the old naming scheme aswell.

Whoever changed it needs to be schlapped.

Especially since MRAPs like the Hunter and Ifrit are armored vehicles, and not soft.

Its just a massive clusterfuck of data... emoticon-00119-puke.gif

one would name it then veh_soft_f.pbo ... but that's just me and my imho :p

Whoever changed it needs to be schlapped.

Especially since MRAPs like the Hunter and Ifrit are armored vehicles, and not soft.

Its just a massive clusterfuck of data...

If I had my way it'd be A vehicles, B vehicles (divided into White Fleet and Green Fleet), then C, E, P, R, W, Z... :D

At least with wheeled and tracked you can go "hum, is it a wheeled vehicle? Yes? Then I shall look in the wheeled folder!"

It boggles my mind how people do not get that connection.

OFC, the way BI ships their data (in one GIANT wheeled / wheeled_E - from A2) is a bit derpy too, you'd sub-sort within that folder based on vehicle type, which you would then ship as a pbo. Easier to keep track of stuff that way too.

If I had my way it'd be A vehicles, B vehicles (divided into White Fleet and Green Fleet), then C, E, P, R, W, Z... :D

You disgust me :p

model = "\A3\soft_f\Hunter\Hunter";

A3 is the Namespace

Soft_f is the Pbo folder name

Hunter is the sub folder

Lastly the p3d.

dont see the problem to be honest , the only reason to be entering a PBO at this time is to get a texture and change and release ,which is against EULA anyway without permission or change the Texture Locally and repack , which really wont help any Alpha programme where feedback is based on Altered data anyway .

Config Browser or Allin one gives all the info you need to write a replacement or new faction config and if someone is messing in PBO`s and doesnt know anything about allin one or config browser method ,they must be doing something rather naughy or probably going to break something anyway :P