Sign in to follow this  
TEAMKILLER

ARMA III - Game of the year?

Is ARMA III the GOTY for you?  

65 members have voted

1. 1. Is ARMA III the GOTY for you?

• Yes, its very good!
    • Maybe, if they tweak it some more after the alpha.
    • No, its bad!

So yeah, for me ARMA III is the Game of the year (2013). The Price is very good for all this content. I enjoy the Alpha a lot! In my oppinion, its even better then full games.

Well IMHO the only thing holding the Arma series back from beeing really big is the bugheavy and instable state the previous games were in at launch.

The Alpha and Beta should help so that Arma 3 will have the smoothest and most polished release in the whole history of the series. I expect very high ratings and lots of public interest in A3.

Yes, I already called it a return to 2001's GOTY.

Then again, I also believed the Mayans were right...

Too soon to call. The game's still in Alpha and it's also only March. And there are some other pretty exciting games that are going to be released this year.

But it'll probably be my favorite shooter to play online that comes out this year, so that's something.

So yeah, for me ARMA III is the Game of the year (2013). The Price is very good for all this content. I enjoy the Alpha a lot! In my oppinion, its even better then full games.

The game is only just out and it's still Alpha, we are only in March and your calling for game of the year, come back in November and ask then.

Too soon to call. The game's still in Alpha and it's also only March. And there are some other pretty exciting games that are going to be released this year.

Not really. Out of games that are not overhyped console action fodder or a rehash of some old game (cash-ins on people starved for something other than aforementioned console fodder seem to be getting popular) only Europa Universalis 4 looks truly solid. Project CARS and Flaming Cliffs 3 can be interesting too (if they provide some new map finally, not just another plane DLC for 50 bucks). As well as Combat Mission Shock Force 2 - if they won't cash in hard on it with "addons" adding puny 10 missions for 35 bucks each.

Unless BIS caves into demands of all the whiners besieging our forums there seems to be nothing that can top ArmA3 as a game done right. Without all the annoying cinematic crap and catering to "modern console market audience".

:takes off monocle:

Edited by metalcraze

The game is not even out yet so it cant earn the game of the year award before 2014.

Its too early to put it in the running for GOTY, we are still in Alpha very limited to whats in the game and its the beginning of the year yet. Right now I think GTA V will take GOTY mainly because more people play on consoles than PC, and the GTA series is very popular.

What a silly question months before the release!

It could turn more buggy than it is, it could even get cancelled if a bomb drops on the wrong building, the whole team could get arrested for espionage and arma 3 will never finish, it could become the most gorgeous and perfectly fine working piece of FPS ever made!

We just don´t know!

So the question is way too soon to be asked.