Sign in to follow this  
Jackal326

SJB Weapons Pack

Jebus; I forgot how long ago I gave you that model. IIRC I hadn't even finished it properly at that time (until it found an eventual use on the UKF SA80s).

Looks good man (even if I do say so myself) ;)

Scale might need adjusting a bit: Consensus when Lennard used it on his L119s was that I'd made it perhaps a bit too big, and I eventually scaled it down a little on the L85s in V2.0 of the OA weapons because I came to feel the same. You may have already done this to fit your weapons though.

Well, well, well, would you look who's back?

I still remember agonising over whose weapon packs to use during the heyday of the OFP period.

Best of luck with your next works. :)

@da12thMonkey: Yeah, I'm starting to think it will need scaling down slightly, will look at it more closely later.

@Nouty/Cross/CameronMcDonald: Thanks.

As far as progress goes, I've successfully managed to code the model.cfg to hide (and unhide) the rail cover on the ride side where the flashlight/laser mounts. Also, after reading through Alwarren's thread regarding his FHQ M4 Pack, I've managed to get the fire-mode selector switch animated - this however has introduced a small bug I need to look into fixing whereby if you switch firemodes whilst reloading (during which time the magazine is hidden), then after reloading is complete switch firemodes again, the magazine will disappear and reappear depending on which firemode you're in :j:

I have a few more optic versions to fix up (ELCAN, ACOG and probably some sort of reflex optic) and then its a case of tweaking config values so as the weapons don't handle like crap ingame :)

Also, after reading through Alwarren's thread regarding his FHQ M4 Pack, I've managed to get the fire-mode selector switch animated - this however has introduced a small bug I need to look into fixing whereby if you switch firemodes whilst reloading (during which time the magazine is hidden), then after reloading is complete switch firemodes again, the magazine will disappear and reappear depending on which firemode you're in :j:

I have the same issue. It also happens with the grenade launcher sights, switching to GL while reloading will have the same effect. If you ever find a fix, I'd be interested to hear it, but I'm afraid it is something that BIS must fix.

I do plan on making a 417, time permitting of course :)

Well, real-life has taken its toll recently and progress has been slow. That having been said, I have managed to get the HK416 ingame and functioning with the same range of attachments as the M4A1

http://www.armedassault.info/_hosted/sjb/arma_weaponsproject/arma3/images/2013-03-31_00001.jpg

Any intent to work up either of the shorter-barreled (~264 mm / 10.4 in) versions as well? (There's the ol' iconic 10.4 inch barreled version, the more recent 9 inch barreled HK416C with the "old-school H&K MP5/G3/HK53 style" collapsible stock -- supposedly for a UKSF tender or UOR ;) -- and there's an 11 inch barreled version of the HK416A5.)

Any intent to work up either of the shorter-barreled (~264 mm / 10.4 in) versions as well? (There's the ol' iconic 10.4 inch barreled version, the more recent 9 inch barreled HK416C with the "old-school H&K MP5/G3/HK53 style" collapsible stock -- supposedly for a UKSF tender or UOR ;) -- and there's an 11 inch barreled version of the HK416A5.)

http://strikehold.files.wordpress.com/2009/10/hk53-cp.jpg

Yeah i've seen "Them" using those when I was on Ops. Mostly with suppressors attached and some with the l96 sights on.

But thats back in 2008 so they might have something better now? :\

That's a HK53 in the picture, I'm talking about this HK416 variant; basically shorter buffer tube (apparently spring rides up into the bolt carrier) allows for this exclusive three-position stock, which when retracted puts the overall weapon length at ~22 inches -- right in the ballpark of the MP5 -- and here's what it looks like extended. (If you're suspicious of the cheek weld though, I can see why.)

to prove that it existed and wasn't just made up for Medal of Honor: Warfighter or CrossFire :p and

There will more than likely be an appearance by the HK53 and probably shorter barreled 416s, but I make no promises about the weird-ass stocked version. It probably will, but its unlikely for the initial release (which, before anyone bothers wasting the key-presses to ask, is a long way off, and will be done when its done).

Some reference for your suppressor size if you don't already have it :P

AFAIK these both came from the UKSF armories as they have the L119 markings (They would likely use the same suppressors than ordering new ones as the mounts they use look to fit over the flash-hider than to the barrel and would be applicable to all 5.56 weapons):

http://i4.minus.com/inGAWxj5XDxuu.jpg

http://i7.minus.com/ibiwHMqSoasMMc.jpg

http://i3.minus.com/iUt2JLzWSwCRp.jpg

Comparing the 11 rib KAC rail cover to the supressor looks about the same length, give 2-3cm for perspective, would place it around 15-17cm long (the KAC panel is 15cm long).

Now taking the largest suppressor producers (I doubt the MoD would approach a small producer to take a large order) i can recall (Surefire, Gem-tech and KAC) now comparing the mount on those photos to the ones by the 3 producers rules out Gem-tech and KAC due to their mounting... that leaves surefire, the largest... and used by the US so they would probably be the first choice by the MoD anyway. So from the above, lets limit all below and above 6 inch (15-18cm), then get rid of ones designed for Minimi's leaves 2 supressors, one for SIMON rifle grenades (an unnecessary feature for the MoD), one the final... the FA556-212, in the end being 3.81cm in diameter, 15-17cm in length and weighing 450 grams.

Or now i realize i could have found a gear-queer on a airsoft site in a google search of 'UKSF Suppressor' and found its a FA556 suppressor by Surefire... with the above dimensions... oh well :p

Edited by Scarecrow398

There will more than likely be an appearance by the HK53 ........

:yay:

And though I'd hate to see this turn into a request thread I'd like to throw in some 'positive reinforcement' for 417's and a Beowulf aswell. ;)

Great to see the Jackal is back!

Edited by Pathetic_Berserker

There will more than likely be an appearance by the HK53 and probably shorter barreled 416s, but I make no promises about the weird-ass stocked version. It probably will, but its unlikely for the initial release (which, before anyone bothers wasting the key-presses to ask, is a long way off, and will be done when its done).
I imagine that it helps that there's way more 3D models out there already for the "basic" shorter-barreled (10.4 inch) HK416, and here's one untextured model with foregrip available for use (can't check which barrel length) whereas the only two 3D models for the HK416C (here's another "live example" pic) that I've seen were in Medal of Honor: Warfighter and CrossFire (if Japanese Web sites don't work on your browser, then here and here are that game's 3D models).

could you also release the HK416 with AOR1 / desert MARPAT camo? :D

one for SIMON rifle grenades (an unnecessary feature for the MoD)

The UK used to use SIMON for door breaching in Iraq, when the tender was put out - IIRC initial orders for SIMON were placed ~2001. At some point the MoD asked Surefire to develop a whole system for the SA80 that would result in a muzzle device with the performance and characteristics of of B.E. Meyers flash-hiders, while being able to fit a Surefire suppressor, and SIMON grenades to be mounted (also a bayonet).

This has resulted in the FA556SA suppressor (a slightly modified FA556-212) and the FH556-216A and FHSA80SA adaptor/flash-hiders for the L119A1 and L85A2 respectively.

A lot of this information wasn't available on the internet when I modelled the stuff for the UKF weapons, so I just had to go off photos; but in more recent times Surefire have started selling these items on their website with plenty of info on their design. Logically the L119 may have used the normal FA556-212 and muzzle adapters (e.g. FH556-215A) before these extra requirements were made for fitting the system to SA80 at a later date and retroactively adopted on the L119 for the sake of commonality in suppressor design. I don't think they started issuing suppressors and vortex-type flash hiders for the SA80 until around 2007/2008.

Edited by da12thMonkey

The UK used to use SIMON for door breaching in Iraq, when the tender was put out - IIRC initial orders for SIMON were placed ~2001. At some point the MoD asked Surefire to develop a whole system for the SA80 that would result in a muzzle device with the performance and characteristics of of B.E. Meyers flash-hiders, while being able to fit a Surefire suppressor, and SIMON grenades to be mounted (also a bayonet).

This has resulted in the FA556SA suppressor (a slightly modified FA556-212) and the FH556-216A and FHSA80SA adaptor/flash-hiders for the L119A1 and L85A2 respectively.

A lot of this information wasn't available on the internet when I modelled the stuff for the UKF weapons, so I just had to go off photos; but in more recent times Surefire have started selling these items on their website with plenty of info on their design. Logically the L119 may have used the normal FA556-212 and muzzle adapters (e.g. FH556-215A) before these extra requirements were made for fitting the system to SA80 at a later date and retroactively adopted on the L119 for the sake of commonality in suppressor design. I don't think they started issuing suppressors and vortex-type flash hiders for the SA80 until around 2007/2008.

Ah, interesting, i didn't know anyone but the US and Israelis ordered the SIMON, regardless, both the SA and regular have the same dimensions anyway.

After tiring of the assault rifles I have so far introduced to the game, I've decided to branch out into sub-machineguns as a mini sub-project to take a break from M4A1 variants. First on my list was porting the ever-popular MP5 series from my ArmA1 'SMG Pack' (don't worry, every other weapon from that pack will find its way into ArmA3 too eventually). I have a few nifty features planned (ones I can hopefully have the patience to implement), and I'll hopefully have some ingame screenshots to show off later today.