Sign in to follow this  
Ange1

Thank you BIS, you've shown how one should actually treat their customers...

I view it as a mixed bag. On the one hand mod support and a game that gets continuous updates is great. But at the same time because they are a small studio problems persist for very long periods of time, performance is a real issue with BI games as is quality control and these are just as important as mod support and updated features. Their community support is also very mixed, they mostly do their own thing regardless of what the community asks them to do. So we find a lot of problems they introduced are just worked around with mods.

Then there is the DRM. BI still likes to use DRM in its games, online checks and even limited installs for Arma 2. This is distinctly anti consumer. With Arma 3 we now have in game nagging for DLCs. We have more than just poor quality textures we have helicopters and cars we can't drive and which nag us to buy. Its not exactly good.

So BI has some things right, they are after all a PC focussed developer and this game genre just wouldn't work without the myriad of control inputs available on the PC, so we aren't getting console shovel wear from them. But its hard to ignore the quality control issues and DRM slant from the company. They aren't Ubisoft or EA in terms of poor treatment of their customers, but if we feel these are the best then the industry is sicker than I think it actually is. They are hovering in the middle on balance, slowly sliding down the scales with every release since OFP, its just the big publishers went down faster.

in game nagging for DLCs.

"In game nagging for DLC when I sit in heli that I don't own"

you left that part out.

oh and one more thing - the reason you see DLC vehicles is because Bohemia

decided that you deserve to play with things that you don't own purely because

they don't want to fracture MP playerbase.

I will stop here because this is subject of different thread.

Thanks for digging this up, I somehow missed it back in 2013!

As many others lurking around I've been playing games/simulators since back in the early 80's and seen many companies come and go. Very few - if any - have treated me as fair as BIS done during the past 15 years.

I've stopped supporting Ubi, EA and Origin and don't care what they release anymore, partly due to their money milking tactics. Not only DLC's, unlocks and so called "passports" and other cr*p but also shutting down abilities to host servers to force people to buy the "latest greatest" from them, trying to lock people in and use draconian DRM's etc. No way I'm gonna pay to be part of that even if they release the "best game ever" which they probably won't.

ArmA 3 may not be perfect and do still have performance issue in MP as well as with the AI. But I do know that BIS is in it for the long run and I'm sure they if any want's to/trying to fix this but most of us don't really understand - me included - how complex this level of software (not only A3) are. If you don't belive me just go try write some simple software in whatever language you prefer and you will notice how easy it is to have bugs in your code.

I've said it before and I say it again and you can call me fanboy or whatever since I don't care.

Thank you BIS for sticking to it and provided me with countless hours of fun and as an old fart I'm quite amazed how far we have come since OFP days, keep it up!

/KC

Actually, this is how there treat them - they keep the positives up in view and delete or close the negative ones

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?187387-How-does-BIS-treat-a-loyal-customer

They are no different from any other developers - just in it for the money.

Seriously? You're going to say that you're a "loyal customer?" Apparently, the definition of "loyal customer" is "a customer who only enjoys a companies product if they themselves are satisfied." I'll be sure to send that in to oxford for the English dictionary. To put this back on topic, I've received wonderful support for Bohemia's products, both from the community and from the Devs/company. Yeah, they don't get everything perfect, but at least they're trying new things and trying to keep the player-base together. They're support forums aren't just filled with bug reports, nor are their responses just blood-letters. I'm tired of people calling Bohemia shit when they try something new and people don't like it. You're welcome to your opinion and you're welcome to free speech (at least on these forums, I'm not familiar with the laws of other countries). Free speech doesn't mean consequence-free speech. Before you show up with disrespect, stop and think. You might actually get the support you desire then. Bohemia is a great company that actually treats their customers well. However, they still have to make money. It's part of being a company. Going into the red (not making a profit) means less food on the table for them and eventually bankruptcy.

Actually, this is how there treat them - they keep the positives up in view and delete or close the negative ones

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?187387-How-does-BIS-treat-a-loyal-customer

They are no different from any other developers - just in it for the money.

Actually, this forum is pretty 'open' and tolerant these days. You probably don't remember the pre Arma 3 and pre Day-Z times, these forums were a lot more strict... ;)

Actually, this forum is pretty 'open' and tolerant these days. You probably don't remember the pre Arma 3 and pre Day-Z times, these forums were a lot more strict... ;)
Sadly, I must disagree with you.

---------- Post added at 06:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:18 PM ----------

Seriously? You're going to say that you're a "loyal customer?" Apparently, the definition of "loyal customer" is "a customer who only enjoys a companies product if they themselves are satisfied." I'll be sure to send that in to oxford for the English dictionary. To put this back on topic, I've received wonderful support for Bohemia's products, both from the community and from the Devs/company. Yeah, they don't get everything perfect, but at least they're trying new things and trying to keep the player-base together. They're support forums aren't just filled with bug reports, nor are their responses just blood-letters. I'm tired of people calling Bohemia shit when they try something new and people don't like it. You're welcome to your opinion and you're welcome to free speech (at least on these forums, I'm not familiar with the laws of other countries). Free speech doesn't mean consequence-free speech. Before you show up with disrespect, stop and think. You might actually get the support you desire then. Bohemia is a great company that actually treats their customers well. However, they still have to make money. It's part of being a company. Going into the red (not making a profit) means less food on the table for them and eventually bankruptcy.

I am a loyal customer...look at my join date. Thank you.

I have been loyal all through the developments, all through the changes. it is only now WHEN I NEED THEIR SUPPORT that I find I don't really get much. So thanks for your feedback devilslayerbane.

---------- Post added at 06:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:21 PM ----------

I probably do..Mr 2014.

Edited by robbya

@robbya.. Have you fired email after email at the BE people, you know one or two every hour. Can't see why they won't give you a reply, just badger them to death, if its a genuine grievance you have with them, they should reply. I've never dealt with them, but if they're linked to devs, they should respond to complaint emails, sort of seems silly not too.

Repeatedly saying look at my join date isnt making any point. Like the people who start every complaint with "BEEN PLAYING SINCE OFP" Just means you've been playing longer, has nothing to do with your point being any more valid.

Comparing negative vs. positive thread views on BIF, you can see people are interested in drama heavily :D