Sign in to follow this  
Baztard1984

Best production assault rifle in the world?

Me and a mate of mine are having a bit of a dispute as to what the best Assualt rifle in the world is that is currently being used by a modern army.

I'm saying the AK47 varients e.g 47, 74, SU etc. Due to it's reliability under adverse conditions.

You thoughts please? Try to back up your choice with a reason.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I'm saying the AK47 varients e.g 47, 74, SU etc. Due to it's reliability under adverse conditions.<span id='postcolor'> I don't think that this alone makes it the "best in the world" if there is such a thing.

G36RIFLE.jpg

My vote would be for the G36.

G36 looks really cool, especially with that clip you can look through.

Is this clip actually used in real life? If so, why do they use it? So that you're able to see howmuch ammo is left in it? confused.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (DarkLight @ July 14 2002,23:11)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">G36 looks really cool, especially with that clip you can look through.

Is this clip actually used in real life?  If so, why do they use it?  So that you're able to see howmuch  ammo is left in it?  confused.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Yes. Why else?

It's a reliable and accurate rifle, leagues above the AK's.

For sheer reliability and access to speares in abundance, it would have to be the AK 47.

For workmanship, accuracy and durability..it would have to be the British SA-80

JK! biggrin.gif

I really meant the G36. wink.gif

I love Heckler and Koch. Too bad the local dealer wants 2400 dollars cdn for a MK23 SOCOM. sad.gif

The best rifle in use is the G36, i think. However, i've heard that some G11's ended in the german KSK after the program was cancelled. If that's true, then the best rifle in use is the G11.

Does it have to be current? How about back in the 50's, maybe? Cuz the M14 was the gold standard back then.

Tex, Navy Seals still use the M14 cos it can tear through scrub and foiliage without having the shot deflected, aswell as it's ability to penetrate thick masonry and other obstructions and still have high stopping power on exit.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Baztard1984 @ July 15 2002,00:22)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Which Nations currently use the G36?<span id='postcolor'>

Germany and Spain, as far as i know

I'd say AK-47 is the most successful assault rifle ever, widely used and heavily copied, a lot of assault rifles are based on AK-47.

// cam0flage

Ak-47 no doubt about it. The G3 and it's successor G36 is actually quite shitty for maintenence (hard to clean). Their reliability is also very questionable since they are prone to jam.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (denoir @ July 15 2002,00:36)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Ak-47 no doubt about it. The G3 and it's successor G36 is actually quite shitty for maintenence (hard to clean). Their reliability is also very questionable since they are prone to jam.<span id='postcolor'>

I dont have a lot of experience with military arms, but I do have a friend with a G3, and it didnt seem to be all that hard to maintain smile.gif

I'd always heard the M14 was a bit of a dud, with the exception of the upgraded and accurised models used by snipers. Can anyone shed any light on that?

Anyone seen the Shotgun varient of the AK, even that has a similar gas operating receiver like the rifles do.

And to think all Micheal Kalashnikov got out of the deal was a medal, silly communism.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (denoir @ July 14 2002,15:36)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Ak-47 no doubt about it. The G3 and it's successor G36 is actually quite shitty for maintenence (hard to clean). Their reliability is also very questionable since they are prone to jam.<span id='postcolor'>

The G36 is actually extremely reliable. It also doesn't need a lot of cleaning, because it doesn't vent gases into the action, unlike the M16 and many other gas-operated rifles.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Baztard1984 @ July 15 2002,00:53)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Anyone seen the Shotgun varient of the AK, even that has a similar gas operating receiver like the rifles do.

And to think all Micheal Kalashnikov got out of the deal was a medal, silly communism.<span id='postcolor'>

Yeah, the Saiga 12k

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Mister Frag @ July 15 2002,00:54)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (denoir @ July 14 2002,15:36)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Ak-47 no doubt about it. The G3 and it's successor G36 is actually quite shitty for maintenence (hard to clean). Their reliability is also very questionable since they are prone to jam.<span id='postcolor'>

The G36 is actually extremely reliable. It also doesn't need a lot of cleaning, because it doesn't vent gases into the action, unlike the M16 and many other gas-operated rifles.<span id='postcolor'>

Lol. Have you ever cleaned a G3-series rifle? Lots of small moving parts, surfaces that are hard to reach. Pure hell.

It jams a lot when you are using blanks at least. And I'm talking *a lot*. Usually at least once per 10 magazines when in semi-auto.

Edit: Not to say that it can't handle any abuse. Try pulling it through mud and try to get it to operate. Good luck I say.

Edit2: Note that my experience comes mostly from the G3 rifle and not G36. The G36 is of course improved, but I am still sceptical to anything that starts with "HK G3" smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Warin @ July 15 2002,00:51)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I'd always heard the M14 was a bit of a dud, with the exception of the upgraded and accurised models used by snipers.  Can anyone shed any light on that?<span id='postcolor'>

The troops that used it loved it. When it was replaced with the M16, most troopers missed its power and reliability. Also, obviously it was surprisingly accurate for an assault rifle. Its only drawbacks were a relatively small (compared to today) clip, and a nasty recoil.

A disassembeled HK G3, so you get the idea what I'm talking about when I say small moving parts:

s_ak4isar.jpg

Basically there is a big difference between sports shooting and actualy using and maintaining a weapon in the field. You have to be able to clean your rifle in darkness, mud .. you name it.

HK_0005.jpg

hehe, sorry, my camera is a cheap digital camera (a intel pocket pc camera for about $100 green backs lol, but it works pretty good sometimes).

Or how about -

[knife_0022.jpg

The good ol' reliable, no moving parts, no cleaning, (well just the blood lol) knife. smile.gif

Thats my dads knife he got when he was in the army.(and my camera doesnt take good pictures in dimly lite rooms  sad.gif  )

There, i fixed it. smile.gif

p.s. i redused resoultion down to make it smaller, but i over comppressed it. confused.gif

Well, when i get back, ill correct it.The pictures i took where alittle more sharper, then that.So back to Paint shop pro 7. smile.gif

All that you know about weapons - games

It's very hard question...

Where use this weapon ?

For what use this weapon ?

How long use this weapon ?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Exodist @ July 15 2002,01:27)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">All that you know about weapons - games

It's very hard question...

Where use this weapon ?

For what use this weapon ?

How long use this weapon ?

.<span id='postcolor'>

yea he has his points.Some weapons are better for somethings, then others.