Sign in to follow this  
Baztard1984

Best production assault rifle in the world?

Hate to have to dig it up too, but to answer RAN's question, at the end of WW2, the Soviets were so impressed with the Stg.44, that their own version was made, the AK-47. If you look at the two designs, they have a very common look, espicialy in the barrel department. Basically Tovarish Kalishnakov(sounds good heheheheh) got the Stg.44(also known as the Mp 44) and did a bit of tweaking. Now we may bury this thread, and then dig it upo in a years time and it will work fine tounge.gif Now time for future quote

Denoir

Dont need to open an old thread. Closing smile.gif

it's not the point , i know what you just said , but i was asking bazooka if he considered the stg44 as a member of the ak or g3 familly

Well as far as i know the AK-47 was based on the Stg-44 ( German machine gun from the WWII ).

And you can see what you get when you mix German and Russian Technological together.

It could be cool if the russian got together and made a gun, i would be preatty shure that it will

kick ass.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Matthijs @ Aug. 17 2002,23:42)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">sad.gif

Bit of a senseless topic, isn't it?

What is best? In what application? Close combat? Special operations? Assault? Assault in rough terrain? Airlift operations? Or maybe defensive action?

And what about price? Are we tax-payers to bleed endlessly for a few rifles? Or do we prefer slightly inferior but considerably cheaper systems, so that it's no problem if someone loses his weapon?

Did it ever occur to anyone that there might be a reason why there are so many systems available on the market today?<span id='postcolor'>

A bit senseless to revive dead threads, it usually ends nowhere confused.gif