Sign in to follow this  
Tex -USMC-

Vbs site updated

I am afraid this topic will be moved to offtopic soon - unless it will behave.

Hi

There are lots of things I'd want to see in future versions or upgrades of OFP, mostly the inclusion of new scripts to do stuff to make the game more flexible. Like:

- being able to order a subordinate to drop or give you whatever he or she is carrying

- being able to drop or give away whatever you are carrying.

- being able to swim, (if you drop enough stuff)

- being able to land on helipads destoyers and frigates

- making the warrant, radio, the gps, watch and other map items droppable too. And the map.

- making radios in jeeps, field radios etc. function when you are at them.

Ok, they're just a few of my wishes/ desires for OFP. There are loads more, but that I'll do for now.

Jas smile.gif

medvidek,

It is not a question of if WE need or want. It is a question of how badly do YOU need or want us to spend OUR money on YOUR next game! tounge.gif

gren

P.S. give me a way to spot and and send artillery such as in BF1942 or some such and I'd pre-order today. biggrin.gif

Maybe you should browse a little at the Coalescent website. Look out for VBS1 (what a surprise), 'USMC Infantry Tool Kit' and 'USMC Distributed Virtual Training Environment'. You might find some interresting things, eg. non-lethal weapons and training for forward observers: </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">ITK-FO incorporates target and observation post location, the Call For Fire (CFF), adjustment of fires (initially field artillery, but later followed by the incorporation of mortars, Naval Surface Fire Support, close air support), and damage assessment.<span id='postcolor'> biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (bn880 @ Sep. 16 2002,12:41)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">biggrin.gif

vbs1_08.jpg<span id='postcolor'>

"dude, Where's the BFG9000?"

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Suma @ Sep. 16 2002,16:21)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">No comment.  confused.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Are you answering to my question?

If is yes, why no comment? Don't you have "permission"?

If is no.. if don't mind you..:)

However, thanks..

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (medvidek @ Sep. 16 2002,09:42)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Aculaud @ Sep. 16 2002,01:12)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">We need more of that.<span id='postcolor'>

You need or you want?  smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

neeeeeeed. Like water, or maybe air- or females smile.gif okay okay, Im willing to bump water if you will release the new units

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (PitViper @ Sep. 17 2002,01:45)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (bn880 @ Sep. 16 2002,12:41)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">biggrin.gif

"dude, Where's the BFG9000?"<span id='postcolor'>

"I swear if the LT. tk's one more time I'm gonna frag his ass!"

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (bn880 @ Sep. 16 2002,23:41)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">biggrin.gif

....... So this guy messages me on MSN, says he likes my skills and wants to know if I want to join his new elite clan. Says I can help with addons, mission making, wrpedit, webpage stuff, recruiting you name it. He says if I join now he'll even bump me up a couple of ranks. I say I'm not sure, never really been into the whole "clan" thing so he says to me, "Tell ya what, we are having a get together for new members in Oct. out in Cali. If you want I'll take care of the plane tickets, meals, lodging, the works, cause I think you'll make a great clan member, hell I'll even have somebody meet you at the airport........"

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (PitViper @ Sep. 17 2002,01:45)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (bn880 @ Sep. 16 2002,12:41)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">biggrin.gif

"dude, Where's the BFG9000?"<span id='postcolor'>

Light Green - "What you making a list there of CPL?"

Dark Green - "Oh, this? Some of the fellas and I have come up with about 150 things so far we want to see those Czech boys include in VBS2....."

let me add my wisdom.( tounge.gif )

VBS, as you know, is used by USMC. what does that mean? it means it's handled by DoD or corresponding bureacratic agency that is related to USMC. what does that mean? well, for anyone interested, AFAIK, any contractors of DoD has to have some sort of security clearance and that means back ground check and etc. on top of that, any talk about it in public places are restricted.

my math TA once talked to guys from Raytheon, and first thing that recruiter asked was, 'Do you have clearance?' biggrin.gif

since VBS is contracted to USMC, DoD would have imposed some limit on BIS, so they cannot comment much on it. but taking a look at how stuffs from VBS came to OFPR, I say we need to wait and let BIS not get in trouble with DoD.

and we got O2 now, so we can make all sorts of stuffs. smile.gif

vbs1_08.jpg

dude, how do we start this game? tounge.gif

vbs1_08.jpg

"Okay Blackburn, you obviously have no idea how to load up for a VBS mission. For example- why the hell are you taking yer NVGs? We'll be back in 2 hours bro."

"What do you mean?"

"LAWs dude, take LAWs. And be sure to grab a Skorpion off a dead commie. Oh yeah, and you might want to put some super glue on yer fast rope gloves-"

"Huh?"

"Trust me."

@ Camper

BIS cant give info about VBS1 there are all sorts of secret things in it like the AAAV etc

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (bn880 @ Sep. 16 2002,10:41)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">biggrin.gif

"There are some guys from A Company waiting in the 'lobby' to play.  Should we go back out to get them?"

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (MassMartyr @ Sep. 17 2002,17:31)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">"There are some guys from A Company waiting in the 'lobby' to play.  Should we go back out to get them?"<span id='postcolor'>

Another example of having fun without Join-In-Progress. biggrin.gif

Result of too much training on VBS:

a3.jpg

"You found the keyboard yet Private?"

"No sir, but I found some weird looking levers and a round wheel thing in the drivers compartment."

To much training on VBS1

LT: Whats the problem cpl?

CPL: Sir, just trying to find my reloadale LAW Sir!

My dearest topic, I warned you to behave. You did not listen .... and here is your reward.