Sign in to follow this  
fragoutlet

Transparent Menus, make it impossible to script inside game

What's up with these transparent menus? And the color scheme chosen for these menus? It's just impossible to read or edit anything in the game.. Is there somewhere i can change this setting? I litterly can't even see what i'm typing in these objects, or reading the in game function editors, etc.. Is just impossible..

Am I the only one suffering this pain?

at the top of the editor there should be a icon to toggle between the new arma 3 layout and arma 2 layout

Not impossible, but i´m also finding it very hard on the eyes!

Changing the layout of the windows was a step in the wrong direction aswell imho,

why the didn´t make textboxes usable by giving them more than three frickin lines is beyond me understanding...

PS: The selectable "old layout" was even worse for me, cant put my finger on it but switched back to new immediately.

PPS: And don´t get me started on that terrible font they chose!!!

PPS: And don´t get me started on that terrible font they chose!!!

God yes, i can't see how ] and ) are different...

Edited by ProfTournesol

Agree with all above, to me the interface looks and feels wrong, too much contrast? harsh on the eyes, maybe going for a AAA look but it's not really working yet imo, I'd prefer a Photoshop look and feel with detachable tool panel, currently The tool panel Always feels like its always miles away.

Edited by Katipo66

Thanks for the dev-heaven post, I reported it on the Feedback Tracker...

only thing good about it all is that you can see the class name of whatever you pick from the editor - which can be handy (unless i totally missed that in Arma 2 - and in that case - DOH!)

Agree with All of the above.

Also there's a lot of wasted space in edit unit menu,

to the left of init box there is a huge space and yet description is tiny, I use that a lot as a note pad to store scripts until needed.