Sign in to follow this  
progamer

Does wind affect things yet?

I would love to know because if it does already then not very well. When airplanes are implemented I would love to do some crazy high wind speed lands like the ones that happen at my cities airport from time to time, link:

Will wind affect planes and helicopter in the future and will it be like the video?

Jesus, as much as it would be awesome, I just cant get over the fact that I still have yet to figure out how to fly lol.

It would be cool if it was to the extent of the video, but I only really know of a couple military aircraft that would be big enough to experience that lol. Still, choppers would be fun in really strong, blustery wind.

It would've been cool if wind affected bullets to begin with.

You can have a huge storm in a game and yet your bullets still go perfectly straight.

Oh ACE3 you can't come any sooner.

I know Take On Helicopters had it so that weather affected flight. Since that game seems to have been, more or less, a "demo" for a new flight model in future titles, I can see no reason why they wouldn't at least make it an option. Especially since ARMA3 has some pretty cool rain effects.

I know Take On Helicopters had it so that weather affected flight. Since that game seems to have been, more or less, a "demo" for a new flight model in future titles, I can see no reason why they wouldn't at least make it an option. Especially since ARMA3 has some pretty cool rain effects.

Not totally sure, but I think ToH had a system where parts of the map was set to a "wind type".

As in you enter a area trigger zone and the flight impacts of wind change. That way you could simulate at that area the wind shifts a bit before so you can feel it in the controls etc. I dont think it had a fully dynamic wind system. Someone correct me if I am wrong though.

There is an option for wind gusts in the editor, my reasoning was this would influence flying (in the future). But that's just a wild guess/wish,mno idea.

I may be wrong, but at the moment I think wind affects how sound travels, atleast from what i've seen (heard?) the wind both disrupts sound if you are facing a certain direction, and sound travels different distances up/down wind. Again I may be wrong, but this is how it seems.

It would've been cool if wind affected bullets to begin with.

You can have a huge storm in a game and yet your bullets still go perfectly straight.

Oh ACE3 you can't come any sooner.

IMO wind effecting bullet trajectory should be in core game, I do cross my fingers