Fausty

How do I make this IED work in Arma 3?

I used the old arma 2 script for it but all it did was create the bomb under the car, not blow it up like in arma 2.

bomb = "SatchelCharge_Remote_Ammo" createVehicle (getPos ied)

Anyone? I expected at least SOME kind of advice on it.

Try using the minefield sites module. Sorry not an answer to your question. Just something to check out.

Edited by Focht

I'll look into that in the mean time. Thank you.

That weapon may not work but this one will:

"R_60mm_HE"

Might not really be a big enough explosion, but you can repeat the line multiple times or just say something like:

_bomb = for "_i" from 1 to 3 do {"R_60mm_HE" createVehicle (getPos ied);};

...which will make three of them explode at once.

Check the sticky at the top for classnames and find Sickboy's post on that thread for more ammo types that you could potentially try using.

I wrote a script once in arma 2 for this, I used a laser guided bomb and dropped it right on the ide from inches off the ground. The laser guided bomb is the largest explosion in arma2.

I used the old arma 2 script for it but all it did was create the bomb under the car, not blow it up like in arma 2.

bomb = "SatchelCharge_Remote_Ammo" createVehicle (getPos ied)

Hey I found this on youtube. The code that the guy uses he basically places the IED on a marker object. I adjusted the code to work on objects.

////////////ARMA 3 way

bomb = "M_RPG32_AA_F" createVehicle [(getMarkerPos "bomb1" select 0),( getMarkerPos "bomb1" select 1), 0];

//My way gets the object position

bomb = "M_RPG32_AA_F" createVehicle [(getPos bomb1 select 0),( getPos bomb1 select 1), 0];

This may help with other types of ied explosions.

////Doesn't work yet

//"M_Titan_AT"

//"Bo_Mk82"

//"Bo_GBU12_LGB"

//R_230mm_HE

//"Sh_120_HE"

//"Sh_120mm_AMOS"

//"Sh_120mm_AMOS_guided"

//"Sh_120mm_AMOS_LG"

//Works but shows and error but yet still works

//"R_80mm_HE"

//Works but does not damage

//"F_20mm_White"

//Just spawns the mine but no explosion

//"SLAMDirectionalMine_Wire_Ammo" |This mine blows up near it

//"IEDLandBig_Remote_Ammo" |This mine does nothing haven't found a way to set it off

//"IEDLandSmall_Remote_Ammo" |This mine does nothing haven't found a way to set it off

//"IEDUrbanBig_Remote_Ammo" |This mine does nothing haven't found a way to set it off

//"IEDUrbanSmall_Remote_Ammo" |This mine does nothing haven't found a way to set it off

//"DemoCharge_Remote_Ammo" |This mine does nothing haven't found a way to set it off

/////Medium explosions the hunter just lost the front two wheels

//"M_Mo_120mm_AT"

//"M_Mo_120mm_AT_LG"

/////Large explosion, blows all tires

//"M_Mo_82mm_AT_LG"

////R_60mm_HE

I tested all these on the hunter using my version of the code.

////Doesn't work yet

//"M_Titan_AT"

//"Bo_Mk82"

//"Bo_GBU12_LGB"

//R_230mm_HE

//"Sh_120_HE"

//"Sh_120mm_AMOS"

//"Sh_120mm_AMOS_guided"

//"Sh_120mm_AMOS_LG"

//"R_80mm_HE"

//"F_20mm_White"

//"IEDLandBig_Remote_Ammo" |This mine does nothing haven't found a way to set it off

//"IEDLandSmall_Remote_Ammo" |This mine does nothing haven't found a way to set it off

//"IEDUrbanBig_Remote_Ammo" |This mine does nothing haven't found a way to set it off

//"IEDUrbanSmall_Remote_Ammo" |This mine does nothing haven't found a way to set it off

//"DemoCharge_Remote_Ammo" |This mine does nothing haven't found a way to set it off

//"M_Mo_120mm_AT"

//"M_Mo_120mm_AT_LG"

//"M_Mo_82mm_AT_LG"

////R_60mm_HE

I tested this on all of the armored vehicles, add bomb="M_Mo_82mm_AT_LG" createVehicle (getPos IED); bomb="M_Mo_82mm_AT_LG" createVehicle (getPos IED); bomb="M_Mo_82mm_AT_LG" createVehicle (getPos IED); etc, etc the more you add the bigger the boom, therfor more damage. This would immobilize the vehicles to the point where you could get out and get far enough away before your vehicle explodes. I dont have the Remove IED in there because im using a car as the IED object.

I tested this on all of the armored vehicles, add bomb="M_Mo_82mm_AT_LG" createVehicle (getPos IED); bomb="M_Mo_82mm_AT_LG" createVehicle (getPos IED); bomb="M_Mo_82mm_AT_LG" createVehicle (getPos IED); etc, etc the more you add the bigger the boom, therfor more damage. This would immobilize the vehicles to the point where you could get out and get far enough away before your vehicle explodes. I dont have the Remove IED in there because im using a car as the IED object.

Wow thanks I forgot that I even posted the list. Did any of the ones that didn't work before work now in the BETA?

Am using bomb="M_Mo_120mm_AT_LG" createVehicle [getPos IED]; deletevehicle IED;

I get an error message during the game. Please help guys

Am using bomb="M_Mo_120mm_AT_LG" createVehicle [getPos IED]; deletevehicle IED;

I get an error message during the game. Please help guys

() instead of [] :)

bomb="M_Mo_120mm_AT_LG" createVehicle [color="#FF0000"]([/color]getPos IED[color="#FF0000"])[/color]; deletevehicle IED; 

if they implemented the idea like on my signiture.. of the explosions in the effects module. this would solve all of the IED problems

add more effects explosions, lighting etc to the module/effects - http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=12142

so for example you would place the module over an object or vehicle.

set up a trigger and radius etc..

and make sure its not set to repetitive!! ;)

do the syncs

and you have yourself an IED

() instead of [] :)

bomb="M_Mo_120mm_AT_LG" createVehicle [color="#FF0000"]([/color]getPos IED[color="#FF0000"])[/color]; deletevehicle IED; 

Hey Thank u man. Plus how can u do an c130 bomb drop and increase the size of the ied

I want to make an IED you can Drop and Pickup if its not have been used, I know how to make an IED using a solid object but not how i can pick it up.

I did think of a Magazine for an gun, but then i have the problem with the detonation/trigger has not moved.

Its for and test to make and Spike strip, that only blows the tires for mobile ambush.

Do anyone have are answer for this?

Thanks

Until Altis comes out and we get more "fluff" inventory items that'll be difficult since there's nothing item based we can use at the moment. Once we do have items in a week you'll be able to do it better but for now you'll need to fake it. Maybe make use of the Land_Garbage_line_F object? You could script it so that you can go up somewhere, place that item down and turn it into an IED by spawning a trigger on it.

I try this method for creating ieds but it seems it does'nt work anymore.

Is something has change in Arma3 since the beta version?

You can create an explosion using createVehicle, which is what this thread talks about.

"class name of explosive" createVehicle _somePosition;

While a little dated, you can find a list of explosion classnames on the first page. If you want the current list, look in the config viewer in the arma 3 editor.

If you are looking for creating an object and having it blow up when people walk by, this thread is only a tiny part of that project.

If you don't feel like doing that work, you can use my script here.

Edited by brians200

////Doesn't work yet

//"M_Titan_AT"

//"Bo_Mk82"

//"Bo_GBU12_LGB"

//R_230mm_HE

//"Sh_120_HE"

//"Sh_120mm_AMOS"

//"Sh_120mm_AMOS_guided"

//"Sh_120mm_AMOS_LG"

//"R_80mm_HE"

//"F_20mm_White"

//"M_Mo_120mm_AT"

//"M_Mo_120mm_AT_LG"

//"M_Mo_82mm_AT_LG"

////R_60mm_HE

Hmm... Does this still work in v 1.14?

I'm about to create my first mission and want to set an IED, but if I set it like described above, it explodes, but my hunter isn't damaged. Even if i drive directly on the IED.

Any ideas?

Thanks, pleasereboot :)

PS: I'm new to this forum and to mission editing in Arma :p

Hmm... Does this still work in v 1.14?

I'm about to create my first mission and want to set an IED, but if I set it like described above, it explodes, but my hunter isn't damaged. Even if i drive directly on the IED.

Any ideas?

Thanks, pleasereboot :)

PS: I'm new to this forum and to mission editing in Arma :p

I am having this same issue. Could someone please help use both?

I am not sure I understand the problem? Does it not explode?

If it does explode, but doesn't damage a vehicle, you need to use a bigger explosion. Try dropping a GBU on it.

They did change the armor values in the last update, so maybe you are experiencing that first hand?

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?176168-Ifrit-and-Hunter-Armour-Change

EDIT: I just tested it with my script and it seems to work as intended

Edited by brians200

I am not sure I understand the problem? Does it not explode?

If it does explode, but doesn't damage a vehicle, you need to use a bigger explosion. Try dropping a GBU on it.

They did change the armor values in the last update, so maybe you are experiencing that first hand?

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?176168-Ifrit-and-Hunter-Armour-Change

EDIT: I just tested it with my script and it seems to work as intended

It does explode, but my hunter isn't damaged. I think you're right, the explosion isn't big enough. I'll try the gbu.

It does explode, but my hunter isn't damaged. I think you're right, the explosion isn't big enough. I'll try the gbu.

BIS keep changing the damage values for the explosives, so that what works OK one time, might not work after a game update. They have reduced some values with the 1.18 update. I like it when an IED disables a vehicle but doesn't destroy it, so that the crew has to dismount. However finding the right explosive means a bit of work. I tried out some IEDs on a Hunter when the main game was released in Sept 2013 and put a video on Youtube

The video goes on to cover car bombs as well.