Sign in to follow this  
QuiteFranklyMyMaN

Please bring back enemy uniform stealing as a toggable option or something

it can be done via scripting like people said.

and reality do this is only going to put you in the position of your gonna get shot by your own side on the spot, your gonna get shot by the opfor on the spot and by any ally forces. more trouble then its worth in my eyes much better to blend in with the local civilians which is what special forces like to do for some of there missions.

it can be done via scripting like people said.

And, lets be honest, that old video needed a bunch of scripting anyway. Just the idea of stealing a uniform and walking into a small base without anyone noticing a stranger suddenly walking in, dropping a bomb and running out without looking suspicious was way too ridiculous. Doing it properly basically means including a complete Hitman game into ArmA3, which is somewhat beyond the scope of the project.

I would hope this can be done through scripting or a module at least. It doesn't necessarily have to be in single player, but giving people the ability to do it in their own multiplayer missions only seems logical since they are going for modular clothing and weapons. I've played several missions where we set up countersigns in case you ended up yelling at another person on the other side of a wall asking if they were friendly, to prevent anyone from tricking you. Having the ability to steal uniforms in more specialized missions would give a significant and entertaining twist.

I would hope this can be done through scripting or a module at least. It doesn't necessarily have to be in single player, but giving people the ability to do it in their own multiplayer missions only seems logical since they are going for modular clothing and weapons. I've played several missions where we set up countersigns in case you ended up yelling at another person on the other side of a wall asking if they were friendly, to prevent anyone from tricking you. Having the ability to steal uniforms in more specialized missions would give a significant and entertaining twist.

even if its not done by the developers there nothing stopping people from making a script for it i think its already been done by a few people.

even if its not done by the developers there nothing stopping people from making a script for it i think its already been done by a few people.

Great.

Not only that, unless you are doing a solo infiltration, realistically you are much more likely to get killed by friendly fire.

That might be true and all but thats the balancing point in it. You risk that.

You do realise that the game has incendiary rounds in it?

That's the Hauge convention (which the US never signed) which 'regulates' what weapons can be used (it says something along the lines of 'Cruel and Unusual weapons' are prohibited) Geneva is about POW's, what's classed as a combatant and such.

You can at least disguise as civvie right? Though, only spec ops like divers and SAS REALLY need to steal enemy uniforms. I think it could be like how only Delta Force could hide bodies in OA, I might be mistaken though.

I still find it strange I can take enemy hats. Backpacks, I guess, but hats? How will that help? If I can't go whole way what's the point of hat stealing?

I'm very sure that neither SAS nor KSK wouls "steal" enemy uniforms...there is no need to do that you can get a full set of uniforms from almost all nations on mailoder for around 120€ the full set. The problem is...you cease to be a legal and official combatant and join the realm of spys and irregulars when you do so. You have stopped to be a soldier of you service and will not be treatet anymore as such...and that's why false flag operations do not occur.

False flag operations is the realm of GRU, CIA, Mossad, etc. not that of militay forces.

The same goes for pretending to be a civilian.

The hard facts: 1977 Protocol Additional to the Geneva Conventions of 12 August 1949

1. It is prohibited to kill, injure, or capture an adversary by resort to perfidy. Acts inviting the confidence of an adversary to lead him to believe that he is entitled to, or is obliged to accord, protection under the rules of international law applicable in armed conflict, with intent to betray that confidence, shall constitute perfidy. The following acts are examples of perfidy:

(a) The feigning of an intent to negotiate under a flag of truce or of a surrender;

(b) The feigning of an incapacitation by wounds or sickness;

© The feigning of civilian, non-combatant status; and

(d) The feigning of protected status by the use of signs, emblems or uniforms of the United Nations or of neutral or other States not Parties to the conflict.

2. Ruses of war are not prohibited. Such ruses are acts which are intended to mislead an adversary or to induce him to act recklessly but which infringe no rule of international law applicable in armed conflict and which are not perfidious because they do not invite the confidence of an adversary with respect to protection under that law. The following are examples of such ruses:

the use of camouflage, decoys, mock operations and disinformation.

Article 38. – Recognized emblems

1. It is prohibited to make improper use of the distinctive emblem of the red cross, red crescent or red lion and sun or of other emblems, signs or signals provided for by the Conventions or by this Protocol. It is also prohibited to misuse deliberately in an armed conflict other internationally recognized protective emblems, signs or signals, including the flag of truce, and the protective emblem of cultural property.

2. It is prohibited to make use of the distinctive emblem of the United Nations, except as authorized by that Organization.

Article 39. – Emblems of nationality

1. It is prohibited to make use in an armed conflict of the flags or military emblems, insignia or uniforms of neutral or other States not Parties to the conflict.

2. It is prohibited to make use of the flags or military emblems, insignia or uniforms of adverse Parties while engaging in attacks or in order to shield, favour, protect or impede military operations.

3. Nothing in this Article or in Article 37, paragraph 1 ( d ), shall affect the existing generally recognized rules of international law applicable to espionage or to the use of flags in the conduct of armed conflict at sea.

Edited by Beagle

Maybe from far away it would work but if you get close I think the Iranians would be able to spot a NATO soldier who is of European/African descent. I don't think Iran would have a lot of those in its military.

Is it possible to actually change a players "faction" via script? Even if not blufor/opfor, but blufor/civilian? which would be probably a lot less harmful then tru enemy switching as far as triggers etc would be concerned....

Is it possible to actually change a players "faction" via script? Even if not blufor/opfor, but blufor/civilian? which would be probably a lot less harmful then tru enemy switching as far as triggers etc would be concerned....

it is, short answer.

Iranians are persians not arabs...are you sure you could see the difference? They are part of what is incorrectly called "caucasian". The name Iran, Iranian is itself equivalent to Aryan, where Iran means "land of the Aryans" and has been in use since Sassanid times.

Edited by Beagle

Iranians are persians not arabs...are you sure you could see the difference?

That was twelve kinds of weird. In all which way directions.

Iranians are persians not arabs...are you sure you could see the difference? They are part of what is incorrectly called "caucasian". The name Iran, Iranian is itself equivalent to Aryan, where Iran means "land of the Aryans" and has been in use since Sassanid times.

I still think they would be able to tell the difference.

USMC-M-16-PARADE.JPG

the_iranian_military_640_03.jpg

It's baffling that this isn't an option like everything else is.

Is it confirmed that this won't be in the game? You can enter an Opfor vehicle and they think you're on their side, and they said that you would be able to use their uniforms.

Have they said you won't be able to do it any more, or is this just people pissing themselves because it's not in the alpha? I also have yet to be able to plant explosives on a vehicle, doesn't mean they took it out.

Would love some confirmation on this.

cough WWII Germans cough.

(If my history is right then they had some "American" Units)

Thank god they decided not to implement this.BTW,when you are in an opfor vehicle they know you are not on their side.

"Can the player steal the uniforms of other dead players in multiplayer?

Dan: We decided to limit this only to uniforms affiliated with a player's side. Although we were considering allowing the player to don any uniform at the start of development, it appeared that such generality would bring some very complex issues with AI and multiplayer rules. Also, it is against the Geneva Convention."

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=17263

Mick. :)

cough WWII Germans cough.

(If my history is right then they had some "American" Units)

Your history has some holes to fill after 1945 then. Nr. 1977 Protocol Additional to the Geneva Conventions of 12 August 1949.

I suppose that stealing of boots and trousers of enemies would be very useful in some situations. Might even be allowed to wear the enemy jacket inside out (logically if this fit with mission).

Though generally it seems problematic. I guess it might be also problems with civilians and its clothes. And about tehnical problems devs know better.

But i guess, if we think about possible WWII theme MODs in Arma3 (some H&D remake etc), then i guess that removing of this feature completely, isn't good in perspective. imho.