Updated to 1.4, shuts up all nations now. Properly tested, really :)

Great mod, there wasn't anything more annoying than hearing "myself" screaming "man spotted...." etc. when playing coop with friends.

One question, is it possible to keep the playerunits silent, but have the AI talking and screaming orders?

I like sneaking up on some CSAT and listening to them giving orders while they patrol or in combat.

As it is, they're just completely silent.

Great mod, there wasn't anything more annoying than hearing "myself" screaming "man spotted...." etc. when playing coop with friends.

One question, is it possible to keep the playerunits silent, but have the AI talking and screaming orders?

I like sneaking up on some CSAT and listening to them giving orders while they patrol or in combat.

As it is, they're just completely silent.

I second this question??

Hey guys. I fear theres no simple solution, the approach i adopted from stone-old STOV addon just changes sound config values for nil values (if that makes any sense). It´s not asking for side or player specific chatter at any point (slightliy illogical, im drunk, have mercy).

What you ask for would afaik very much be doable by scripting, but you´d have to ask SpeedOfSound & JSRS for it. I´m neither a scripting-heavy guy, nor being overly enthusiastic towards it :)

Edited by Mr Burns

No worries. It's an excellent fix for a really annoying problem!

Would just love the little extra immersion for those cases where you really get up close and personal with the enemy.

Thanks alot!

If you don't mind can you make option to silence specific faction for each mission? because we would lile to hear enemy voice.

I think module is proper solution for this.

Sorry to bumb up an old thread, but the last post here is relevant for my group too. Has anyone looked into silencing only spesific faction?

If you don't mind can you make option to silence specific faction for each mission? because we would lile to hear enemy voice.

I think module is proper solution for this.

I second this suggestion.

Also, any chance that it could be hosted on Steam?

Because I think that this mod continues to be popular among many clans and Steam offers mod management in larger communities.

Can this be run client side only or does the server need to be running it too?

On 11.10.2016 at 3:20 PM, domokun said:

Also, any chance that it could be hosted on Steam?

Because I think that this mod continues to be popular among many clans and Steam offers mod management in larger communities.

Nice idea! I´ll see into this asap

(someone´s rough estimate for me getting it done was 8 hrs, so i´m almost motivated to prove him wrong)

edit: Now available on workshop: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=876991445

As for modulary muted sides, this still cannot be done in the simple way this addon works (replacement).

It´d require a scripting effort, and I don´t speak magic :-/

3 hours ago, kman_(kya) said:

Can this be run client side only or does the server need to be running it too?

This is a simple config replacement, I don´t remember running into any server dependency issues with these kind of addons in the past, i think it´s safe to say that clientside only should suffice :)

• Like 1

8 hours ago, mr burns said:

This is a simple config replacement, I don´t remember running into any server dependency issues with these kind of addons in the past, i think it´s safe to say that clientside only should suffice :)

Thanks Mr Burns!

Hey mr burns, love the script!  Do you know if the 64-bit ArmA going to break the script?  

On 19.3.2017 at 1:32 AM, kman_(kya) said:

Hey mr burns, love the script!  Do you know if the 64-bit ArmA going to break the script?  

Luckily a new exe cannot break addons.

Scripts are another case, since all scripting commands are stored in the .exe, technically BI could remove some and break stuff that relied on it.

But addons only rely on configs and those are stored in the .pbo´s - nothings changed here with 64 bit.

Only if Bohemia decide on adding new voice lines, or rewriting their whole soundconfig agaiiiin, that would force an update of the addon.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, mr burns said:

Luckily a new exe cannot break addons.

Scripts are another case, since all scripting commands are stored in the .exe, technically BI could remove some and break stuff that relied on it.

But addons only rely on configs and those are stored in the .pbo´s - nothings changed here with 64 bit.

Only if Bohemia decide on adding new voice lines, or rewriting their whole soundconfig agaiiiin, that would force an update of the addon.

Great to know! Thanks mr burns!!