Sign in to follow this  
DviousRogue

Same crashing issue a lot of others are having. (Only seems to be on Multiplayer)

As the title suggest sometimes I'll be able to play online for an hr or two, and sometimes only 10-15 mins. It seems there are 3 types of crashes that I get, all at different times. Sent Arma 3 Alpha dump files to the Dev's. But this is the other info I get from Windows.

1.) Faulting application name: arma3.exe, version: 0.5.102.571, time stamp: 0x512deb6a

Faulting module name: arma3.exe, version: 0.5.102.571, time stamp: 0x512deb6a

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x00821fc2

Faulting process id: 0x2794

Faulting application start time: 0x01ce1abc95515d8b

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3\arma3.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3\arma3.exe

2.) Faulting application name: arma3.exe, version: 0.5.102.571, time stamp: 0x512deb6a

Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 6.2.9200.16420, time stamp: 0x505aaa82

Fault offset: 0x00061af2

Faulting process id: 0x1ca4

Faulting application start time: 0x01ce1abc8fbd9287

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3\arma3.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll

Report Id: cecbc46f-86af-11e2-be8b-1c6f654caf66

3.) This one I think I took care of since it hasn't happened again since I changed some in-game settings.

Faulting application name: arma3.exe, version: 0.5.102.571, time stamp: 0x512deb6a

Faulting module name: PhysX3_x86.dll, version: 3.2.3.1, time stamp: 0x50f68ef3

Fault offset: 0x000d6dd7

Faulting process id: 0x1234

Faulting application start time: 0x01ce1a76b9c8523d

Faulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3\PhysX3_x86.dll

I don't know if anyone has any insight on these. And again yes I know there's multiple posts. But the more the Dev's know the better right?

Edited by DviousRogue

Sgt.Hammer, Well I have a 64bit O.S. as well. Win 8 pro 64bit. As far as I know Steam is 32bit not 64bit right?

alroar, I read up on that once before. I have an HD6870 tho.

Hmm I think I may be onto something here. How many of you having the crashing problems have created a new profile and changed the look of your characters head? After being frustrated I just went a head and reinstalled Arma 3 Alpha. Upon doing so I had 0 issues getting into Multiplayer servers and staying in them with out crashes. So I think great problem solved. So I go to create a new profile since the default always seems to use my first name and doesn't allow you to change the name. I create my new profile and change how my characters head looks and bam as soon as I do this I start getting the crashes again. Things are all fine in S.P. just crashes in M.P. So I change the head back to default and the crashing stops. There may be a potential issue with the client side and appearance on the servers. Idk but I then tested this on my default profile and it was the same way. Change the head or other aspects and it crashes in M.P. So I will just stick with the default profile created by the game for now since I am no longer crashing in M.P. Idk how much this will help anyone else but it seemed to work for me.

THIS I will try the moment I get home. If it works you will get a cookie!

Sgt.Hammer, Well I have a 64bit O.S. as well. Win 8 pro 64bit. As far as I know Steam is 32bit not 64bit right?

alroar, I read up on that once before. I have an HD6870 tho.

Steam and ArmA3.exe runs as 32-Bit. But I am running it as a Dedicated Server on my Root WebServer 2008R2. So nothing clientside based :P

Steam and ArmA3.exe runs as 32-Bit. But I am running it as a Dedicated Server on my Root WebServer 2008R2. So nothing clientside based :P

Ahh gotcha. Yea I don't really know why mine fixed itself... I've got no clue as to why it wont run on a dedicated server though. Idk if this will help at all http://www.404games.co.uk/forum/index.php?/topic/1670-how-to-run-an-arma3-alpha-dedicated-server/ Only thing I changed was running the default profile with out changing anything, and setting my graphics card to control some stuff instead of application controlled. So I assumed mine was client side.

---------- Post added at 12:14 ---------- Previous post was at 12:06 ----------

DviousRogue. Tried, did not help (

Sorry Chasoff. I still haven't had any issues on my end since I did all of that. Have u tried a fresh install without modifying anything? The only other thing I did (but this didn't seem related to the crashing) was to change some settings on my graphics card so they were no longer application controlled. There are also some readme's in the Arma 3 Alpha folder under SteamApps that may help. They go into a little about FXAA and SMAA and how to properly turn them on in the Arma3Alpha.cfg file. But again this may be total useless info. These are just the things I have done / tried and haven't had any crashing since.

Ahh gotcha. Yea I don't really know why mine fixed itself... I've got no clue as to why it wont run on a dedicated server though. Idk if this will help at all http://www.404games.co.uk/forum/index.php?/topic/1670-how-to-run-an-arma3-alpha-dedicated-server/ Only thing I changed was running the default profile with out changing anything, and setting my graphics card to control some stuff instead of application controlled. So I assumed mine was client side.

---------- Post added at 12:14 ---------- Previous post was at 12:06 ----------

Sorry Chasoff. I still haven't had any issues on my end since I did all of that. Have u tried a fresh install without modifying anything? The only other thing I did (but this didn't seem related to the crashing) was to change some settings on my graphics card so they were no longer application controlled. There are also some readme's in the Arma 3 Alpha folder under SteamApps that may help. They go into a little about FXAA and SMAA and how to properly turn them on in the Arma3Alpha.cfg file. But again this may be total useless info. These are just the things I have done / tried and haven't had any crashing since.

Somehow I may have fixed the crashing aswell. But not sure though. I did not let my antivirus program check the Process anymore which could have helped atleast 1 of the Error Messages. I also did set the -winxp parameter and run everything as Admin.

I finish with the "PhysX3_x86.dll" crash, when turned off the FXAA (in game video/settings, PAA: disabled) and only 2x Antialising. My Q9550@2,83/GTX260/DDRII-800 computer, not allows me higher settings.

Well, I clicked the 'beta' option in Steam properties and noticed the game would always crash in multiplayer within 10 minutes or so. I switched off the beta option and multiplayer was a lot more stable. I found the Wasteland maps would always cause me to crash but the time would be random and I would get random types of crash like frozen screen, repeat sound loop, CTD etc. I played a Domination map twice once for 40mins until they had to reset server at their end and 2nd time for about an hour and half before I logged out. So with my experience it seems dependent on the beta and the map type and server.

I am still having this problem. Some times I am lucky to get an hour before the game crashes due to a Physx3.dll issue. Most times I get 10 minutes. I only got the game about a week and a half ago and I am at my wits end with this issue. I have tried everything that is suggested here and more from other threads. Is anyone else having this issue? Can someone please give me any other suggestions?

I am still having this problem. Some times I am lucky to get an hour before the game crashes due to a Physx3.dll issue. Most times I get 10 minutes. I only got the game about a week and a half ago and I am at my wits end with this issue. I have tried everything that is suggested here and more from other threads. Is anyone else having this issue? Can someone please give me any other suggestions?

Are you running the Latest video drivers for your Graphics Card? Did you try to do a fresh installation of the Video Drivers and PhysX Software?

Strange, I never crash usually, but yesterday session, I had like ten Physx crash related in MP :/

I'm still getting the PhysX crash. As are at least 2 other friends that dont post on the forums

you dont need PhysX software for A3. And the AV false Positive is about the injection of the PhysX Driver you have running on your Vidcard, not the PhysX DLL in the game /root folder