Sign in to follow this  
FCOPZ-illuminator

Squad.xml not working properly

Still having the issue saving as a png and then openining/saving in TexView 2 as a .paa. Done this with both 128 and 512. Any ideas?

Still having the issue saving as a png and then openining/saving in TexView 2 as a .paa. Done this with both 128 and 512. Any ideas?

Hi SpectreRSG,

if you are sick of trying use this 128x128 (22kb) TFApache logo I made and tested for you:

edit: Link deleted because it's no longer needed

I took the logo, which is similar to your avatar here, from the Intropage of your clanhompage.

Changed the resolution to 128x128 and what's also important

I changed the pixel per inch (ppi) from 300ppi to 72ppi. I think that was the reason why it doesn't worked before.

Edited by Corvus_X

Will test it and get back to ya. Nice ninja. ;)

Edit: it worked, so it must have something to do with the ppi...

Thanks again.

Edited by SpectreRSG

Hi,

I'm having a problem with our logo. It is just a black outline, similar to the one in this post, which looks fine.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?3294-Transparency-in-Squad-Logos/page3&highlight=logo+transparancy

As far as I can tell I've followed all the steps correctly, and have tried multiple times to get it to work, and it looks fine in any of the graphics programs - but when it shows up in game I always get a thin white outline around all of the black lines, which makes it look really strange.

Can anyone suggest what I may be doing wrong, and have a way to cure it?

Upload and post your logo (PSD or PNG without Background) and a screenshot of bug.

I will try to resolve your probleme.

Sorry for my English, I'm French

Hi,

I'm having a problem with our logo. It is just a black outline, similar to the one in this post, which looks fine.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?3294-Transparency-in-Squad-Logos/page3&highlight=logo+transparancy

As far as I can tell I've followed all the steps correctly, and have tried multiple times to get it to work, and it looks fine in any of the graphics programs - but when it shows up in game I always get a thin white outline around all of the black lines, which makes it look really strange.

Can anyone suggest what I may be doing wrong, and have a way to cure it?

Hi

Follow the steps 1-10 of your linked tutorial.

Follow also step 11 or save it as png (incl. alpha channel/transparency + full compression (in Gimp: compression 9)

Instead of step 12 use: TexView2 which you can get included in the BI-Tools here:

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/BI_Tools_2.5

Save it via TexView2 (choose: RGBA, DXT5 ; None) as logo.paa and it should work fine.

Or do what KissDavid said and someone will try to convert it to a logo.paa for you.

Edited by Corvus_X

Upload and post your logo (PSD or PNG without Background) and a screenshot of bug.

I will try to resolve your probleme.

Sorry for my English, I'm French

Thank you for your offer, I have sent you a PM.

Just updated to spotrep 1 to find my in game ID has now ended up with 8 more digits than i should have, which i cant delete ? this has now borked my xml.

My profile face has also lost all textures for all choosen items.

Hi

Follow the steps 1-10 of your linked tutorial.

Follow also step 11 or save it as png (incl. alpha channel/transparency + full compression (in Gimp: compression 9)

Instead of step 12 use: TexView2 which you can get included in the BI-Tools here:

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/BI_Tools_2.5

Save it via TexView2 (choose: RGBA, DXT5 ; None) as logo.paa and it should work fine.

Or do what KissDavid said and someone will try to convert it to a logo.paa for you.

why do you post broken link?? you troll?

It's not a broken link, I've just clicked it and it brought up the page for the download of the tools..

Regards,

Austin.

Just updated to spotrep 1 to find my in game ID has now ended up with 8 more digits than i should have, which i cant delete ? this has now borked my xml.

My profile face has also lost all textures for all choosen items.

looks like you are using the Dev version. It appears they are going to a full Steam Profile ID - so you cannot delete it the extra digits. So you have to update you XML or make a new one that is for Dev and use the one you have now for the older Alpha (assuming you jump between the two versions).

As for the face, I see that too - I assume it just bugged.

You can have both your id's in one xml, it seems to work OK.

But from the 0.52 update they seem to be all the longer id's

It's not a broken link, I've just clicked it and it brought up the page for the download of the tools..

Regards,

Austin.

now you know that the link don't work.

Thanks Odie

You can have both your id's in one xml, it seems to work OK.

But from the 0.52 update they seem to be all the longer id's

How is your double ID layed out ?

<member id="999999999" nick="name">

<name>name</name>

<email></email>

<remark></remark>

why do you post broken link?? you troll?

Why? guess what: Because it worked the day i posted it, because it still works.

Why does the link on BI's Wiki Tool-Downloadpage not work?

Maybe because they are changing something?

But why do you insult ppl who try to help other?

Instead of reporting the (temporary?) broken dl-link on the BI-Wiki-Page to BI?

Maybe they fix it faster for you....

Questions upon questions...

But yes, now I know downloading the Tools from the Wiki-Page doesn't work (at the moment).

EDIT: Since a few days the dl link on the Wikipage works again.

Edited by Corvus_X

Many thanks to KissDavid for sorting out my transparency issue!

Here is what was done to sort it:-

Logo created in Photoshop CS3 at 128x128 72dpi and saved as a psd with no background (I think that you can probably skip this and create the logo in GIMP with no background)

Open the above file in GIMP (or create it?), choose Select all and then copy it

Create a new file in GIMP as 256x256 or 512x512 72dpi with a transparent background

Then paste the image into a new layer of this file. You can then remove the original layer. (no doubt there is a better way to do this, but it was the only way that I could find to get the pasted image in the top left corner)

Then using the Scale Tool expand the pasted image to the full size of the new file. (I suspect that this is the secret to getting rid of the white lines - it seems to feather the lines of the logo as it expands it)

Then export the file as a .tga

Open the tga in TexView 2 and save as a .paa with RGBA and DXT5

I hope this will help anyone who faces a similar issue.

mine still not working and I have tried all methods, I wish Bohemia would just let us use .png or .gif

mine still not working and I have tried all methods, I wish Bohemia would just let us use .png or .gif

Hi,

I made two logos 128x128 and 256x256 from an image of your clanpage (like the one in your avatar) Both are working I send you the dl-link in a pm.

Is it possible to condense multiple player IDs (A2 and A3) into one entry so as to avoid doubling on your squad page?

Sorry if this has already been discussed. Squad logos seem to work perfectly in the player info and on helicopters but they don't appear on cars and uniforms. Is this a design decision we will have to live with in ArmA3 or is it a known bug which will eventually be fixed? I checked the forum and the feedback tracker but I couldn't find anything about this matter.

Squad logos seem to work perfectly in the player info and on helicopters but they don't appear on cars and uniforms.

I guess it's just because of the Alpha Status. We already had this feature in ArmA before. So i'm quite sure we will also have this in the final game. But at the Moment, no official comment yet...

What would be the cause for a logo to not show up in the profile at all ? but quite visable on the heli external.

256x256 32.4kb

paa 37.7 kb

The reason why the logo does not shop up on curtain things: like uniforms for example is because the proxy and definition bis_klan on the model is not present. Its that simple.

I had similar issues until i used this method - Setting the transparency of the logo I had to save for web in photoshop and save as png 24 to get the transparency to work then convert to paa size is 256 256, don't ask why that should fix it but it did. :)