Placebo

Player looking for squad (not for squads to post looking for players!)

Hello,

I'm a 22 year old European looking for combined arms oriented clan/ community. I'm new to the ArmA series, but I've played a different milsim (Project Reality mod for Battlefield 2) for almost a year now, so I do have experience with proper comms, working in a squad etc.

If interested please contact me via PM.

Take care,

Ban.13

Edited by Ban13

Nationality: Swedish (English fluently)

Timezone (Gaming hours): Zulu EU (not interested in US time zone units)

Gaming Hours: 10-15 hours/week

TS/Vent/Mic: Yes

Gaming Rig: Premium build, late 2012

Servers: Web, FTP, 500 user Teamspeak license.

Wife: Yes

Kids: 1

Hi all,

I am a 44 year old FPS-gaming vet from Sweden looking to get back into ARMA-series. Although I am only going to play A3 I do want my new unit to already be organised and active milsim-ing in ARMA II.

I have some RL military background and would like to explore the milsim possibilities (squad tactics, combined arms, execution of operational plans etc.) in A3, with all that comes with it.

If you feel that your squad/community could have use for someone like me feel free to send me a PM.

Hi have been playing Arma for years but have recently moved to New Zealand, so am looking for a large squad/clan that has a similar approach to Arma as ShackTactical over in the US.

Can anyone please point me in the right direction?

Thanks

What Am I Looking for:

-Mature (it's not about age, it's about not yelling curses into the mic every-time you die)

-Based in EU (im GMT+2 and i have work, so i can't play in US based squads)

-Is willing to teach a new ArmA player the ropes

-Has a timed schedule for operations and stuff

-Has some humor and can be a bit lose when it comes to ranks (ArmA after all is a military sim, not the military)

Now, why should such a squad want me?

Well -

- Im a good team player

-I have too much experience when it comes to FPS games, including realistic ones like RO2

-I have a mic+TS, im not very talkative in the chat, but i understand and follow orders

-I have a good pc and a cable internet connection, so i think lags won't be a problem

-I have experience working in big ops in big games with big clans (and in big i mean planetside 2 big, with 200 people and stuff)

Location: United States, Southern Illinois (Central Standard Time)

I'm looking for a semi-serious squad of mature players for either co-op or PvP. I'm completely new to the ARMA series, but I'm no stranger to FPS's. I lean towards flying helos (full HOTAS/TrackIR), but I'm willing to do whatever needs to be done to win. I've got a nice mic and I can DL teamspeak or whatever everybody else in the squad is using.

I work from home and make my own schedule, so I can play pretty much anytime. I have fun, but I definitely play to win. Any takers?

David Castle here,

21 yrs.

USA Mnt Time.

Free on most weekdays after 5-6

Free on most weekends after 3-4 on sat and all day sun

Mic

TS

Vent

Boner

Looking for a good mature squad to play with.

- Interested in TvT and Coop. I enjoy both for their own reasons, though milsim TvT with a good mission is my favorite.

- I enjoy playing medic, automatic gunner, and rifleman roles small fireteam leader (i love sticking with the guys, rather than leading up higher). I can fly to fulfill any transport roles.

- 3000+ Arma 2 Hours.

- I can also create TvT and coop maps. I like to create very dynamic maps with asymmetric elements... but I can make anything. I can also do basic scripting from scratch, but can also read all scripts and implement anything others make to create a good mission.

- Looking for a good squad or group that consistently plays, without extreme requirements. basically I want to be able to hop on and know I can get some games in while not being kicked out for other events in my personal and work life stopping me from making a big game. But in the end, let's face it. I am usually up till 3-4 in the morning on all days soo you can get me to play alot =)

- skype me at Pinindajin or private message me on these forums and I can play some games with you and we can see if my personality sticks with what you want.

- Also if your group wants a website done, I can do web design so If i stick around I'd do it for free for a squad I enjoy =)

I'm looking for a well organized milsim group with experience to learn to play and have fun in. I'm brand new to the whole series but I'm super stoked to learn and get into it. stats:

TZ: Pacific (Atlantic come August)

hours available: 1600-0000 PST weekdays, all day on weekends

experience: My share of RL but none in ArmA

I am a Naval Combat Information Operator in the Royal Canadian Navy by day. Like all CAF members I have some real life training in land tactics, radio protocol, weapon procedure etc. I'm looking for something as realistic as possible that's structured but also dynamic and fun. I enjoy having a role in a team that is well organized and prepared. I hope there's a group out there that can provide all this and teach me to play effectively at the same time.

Ready, Aye Ready!

Hello there,

I'm looking for a semi-serious group of players who I can play Arma II/III with. Some background detail:

- I'm a student in the UK, so I'm on at most times.

- I have and know how to use my mic, and I also practice comm discipline.

- I have limited experience with milsims, but have a lot of experience with a lot of games, and a willingness to learn.

What am I looking for?

- Semi-serious group of players in GMT, who I can stay with for a while, learn the ropes, and above all have fun.

Seriously, that's it. I'm up for most things, but above all I want to experience more than wasteland and dayz. Fun as those games are, I enjoy working with a squad, and using discipline and concentration to achieve an objective. Most of my family has been in the military, and as a result I'm used to a certain amount of discipline. That said, I enjoy cutting loose once in a while as well.

PM me or hit me up on Steam: Assunerai

I'm 62, yet I'm new to the Arma series. Indeed, I don't usually play multiplayer games at all, but I really enjoy the cooperation and teamwork of COOP Arma 3 play. (And at my age, I don't have friends who play these kinds of games.)

I've played just a bit with the CiA (Comrades in Arms) group, in Europe, and that's been great. But they play when it's early afternoon here in Nebraska - Central Time Zone, GMT -5 (right now). I'm retired, so I can play then in the winter (I do pretty much nothing but play games during the winter), but I'm generally busy - or should be - during the daytime the rest of the year. So I'm looking for a group which mostly plays during the evenings here.

I prefer COOP play, since I enjoy cooperation more than competition. I'm a cautious, deliberate kind of player who prefers to work with others to accomplish missions. Don't expect me to lead missions - and certainly not to fly helicopters (not if you expect me to land in one piece) - but I'll follow orders, watch my flank, and generally be dependable, if not particularly skillful. I'll take part in training, if you want - indeed, I'd welcome that.

I'm not interested in the kind of group where everyone wants to be a hotshot, and I don't want to play Arma 3 like a first-person shooter. I want teamwork and... thinking. On the other hand, I'm not obsessed with realism, either. I'm not ex-military, and I don't have any particular interest in military gear. So consider me a casual or semi-serious player, I guess. Basically, I just want some friendly, levelheaded people in a similar time zone with whom I can play COOP games, mostly - preferably not at the highest difficulty settings.

(Note that I'm flexible about all of this stuff, but that's what I'm really looking for.)

What do you get out of it? Well, I'm not particularly skillful, I guess, but I know the commands. I watch YouTube videos to learn tactics (ShackTac, Dslyecxi, Jester814, etc.). I've got a headset with microphone, and I've used Teamspeak. And I've never played Arma 2, so I don't throw grenades when I want to open my inventory. :) I won't get in the way, and I hope even to be useful. But I'm not going to claim more than that. If you want to give me a try, there will be no hard feelings if you decide I'm not a good fit with your particular group (or, I hope, if I decide you're not exactly what I'm looking for, either).

Questions? Please send me a private message.

Thanks,

Bill

About Me

Time Zone: CST that's -6 GMT/-5 GMT CDT

Availability: Fridays and Weekends during the day and in the evening after I have dinner(5pm-7pm CST usually) with the wife and kids. Weekdays are not an option due to work.

Callsign: I got it during basic training back in 1989 while in the US Army. I was caught smoking cigarettes in the latrine and since my last name is Manuel and the drill sergeant thought it was funny while "smoking me" He started calling me "Smokerman" which was eventually shortened to Smoker. When I started online gaming and I needed a username/callsign/nickname I just started using it.

PC Gaming style: I prefer realism type games to run and gun but do play both with moderate success. I do not fly in any games unless you want to see me crash which I will you you'd like to see it.

Push-to-talk VOIP: I prefer TeamSpeak but Ventrilo is fine. I have no experience with Mumble.

Type of Squad: 18+ preferred. I'm not seeking total realism, I want serious fun. A group that takes a mission seriously, actively working together to do whatever needs to be done. I'm not looking for a group full of strict ranks, requirements, rules, regulations, etc. Some light banter, goofing off, etc should be allowed. Obviously some leadership is necessary, just don't overdo it. Screaming at someone for forgetting to follow radio SOP is overdoing it. Allowing players to run off -Rambo style- like they're playing DayZ, is underdoing it.

PvP and Coop: Yes, both. I like to have options.

Hi guys uk player played since the ofp days 35 years old wife and little lad,can play most days and nights of the week.

looking for a freindly coop/ctf team:D

Rotorwing pilot looking to find mature casual north american arma 3 group to game with.

Willing to join group if it is the right fit for all concerned.

Nationality: Norwegian

Timezone: gmt +1

TS/Vent/Mumble: yes

Hi,

I am currently on the lookout for a Arma 3 clan that play on a casual level, but keep a serious and realistic tone when playing. I have played similar games before; project reality (bf2) and Arma 2 + some operation flash point.

I am pretty new to Arma 3 though so I need a clan/group of people to learn the ropes of the game and have fun with. In other words, I know the basic tactics of movement, covering, communication etc, I am just having some trouble adapting to Arma 3 key layout and formalities. I consider myself dependable, watchful and a teamplayer.

When it comes down to actual gameplay I'm used to leading from Project reality as a squad leader, but after playing some Arma 3 I've started to really enjoy playing a supporting role as a assistant automatic rifle man or just a basic rifleman; considering I am not fit to lead in an environment where I'm not too familiar with the mechanics. Maybe that will be my future goal to start leading again.

To sum it up I am looking for a clan/group that are:

• Friendly
  • Communicates over mic
  • Semi-casual
  • Teamwork oriented

Please contact on the forums(PM) or directly on steam: henriksive

Thank you

Language: English

Timezone: Eastern Standard Time (EST)

About Me:

I have rolled with another Realism unit for over the past year in Arma 2 Combined Operations (ACE mod's, plus custom).

I have done full scale operation's (30+) under a Central Command, and also acted at a Squad Leader. I have basic and advances knowledge of most weapons and vehicle operations.

I am willing to take order's, and am usually passive (I will speak up at order's that are suicidal at best). I'm also very vocal about my status, my team's status, and the Objectives status. Info is key to war.

Requirement; I am looking for a Active, Large clan! Realism Missions / Operations, both PvP and PvE (No preference).

Availability:

I am currently a High School Student. I can play a few hour's a night on week days. I am usually free on the weekend's, and can do multi-hour long operations during that time.

I can be contacted at (Please PM me on forums, or Contact me on Steam "Alcatraz968")

Timezone: Eastern Standard Time (EST)

Communications: Team Speak 3

About Me:

I have rolled with another Realism unit for over the past year in Arma 2 Combined Operations (ACE mod's, plus custom).

I have done full scale operation's (30+) under a Central Command, and also acted at a Squad Leader. I have basic and advances knowledge of most weapons and vehicle operations.

I am willing to take order's, and am usually passive (I will speak up at order's that are suicidal at best). I'm also very vocal about my status, my team's status, and the Objectives status. Info is key to war.

Requirement; I am looking for a Active, Large clan! Realism Missions / Operations, both PvP and PvE (No preference).

Availability:

I am currently a High School Student. I can play a few hour's a night on week days. I am usually free on the weekend's, and can do multi-hour long operations during that time.

I can be contacted at (Please PM me on forums, or Contact me on Steam "Alcatraz968")

Hello I'm looking for a semi-serious clan to play with. I am 18 years old, and live in the CST. I can play most nights from 3-6 PM. I like to play as the machine gunner. Note that I do not have a mike, since I just got my first cpu(it is good). I know that this is a problem for some clans. If interested please message me.

Hello,

I'm a relatively new player looking for a group to learn to play Arma on a deeper level than DayZ or Wasteland. I'd love to learn to properly and play some great coop. My end goal is to be competent enough to play some missions that last for hours while actually contributing something to the team. I look forward to playing some more of this great game so send me a pm!

PST (GMT-7)

Sup, my name is Nite. Just call me Nite. If anyone wants, I am looking to make squads to play PVP and own stuff as a group. I came from DayZ and was new to it, bit I did very well.

This new game coming out, I want to be part of the main scene. If you are interested, hit me up in my inbox. A fair warning, first come first serve. I am also strict at who gets invited to my team. As in, you must be willing listen and communicate. You must know how to aim and have a PC that wont hold you back.

Hit me up. I am new to this BUT I am and have been a hell of a leader, so let me know.

I have played a little ARMA 2 in the past, and I just bought ARMA 3. I am very into the serious tactical gameplay of ARMA and I am very interested into joining a serious unit. I am willing to take on any role that is asked of me, and will be willing to take overwatch for extended periods of time. PM me if I seem like a right fit!

Thanks again

Hello,

Somewhat new player, certainly not new to FPS. Decent understanding of Military Strategy and Tactics

Talent in Recon, Marksmanship, Leadership

Work 9-5 or 6 and free after that during week, sometimes busy on Saturday but generally available

Looking for small close-knit clan for PvP and Coop, with a possible interest in Scenario Development; 18+ only please

Be aware that I can be quiet, seriousand guarded at first, but I will open up after a day or so

PM me and/or add me on Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197995466849/

looking for a nice and friendly, Russian language-spoken arma 3 group/clan, with mature people, who enjoy tactical gaming, do play fair and without cheats/exploits.

I'm not an arma 2 veteran, started to play it quite late, but i think i'm doing it quite good, but playing BIS games since good old operation flashpoint: cold war crisis.

I'm 25y old, living in europe (gmt+1), have lots of free time to play (right now).

My skype and my steam are attached to my profile. So if anyone is interested in me, please PM me here, on skype or steam, anywhere as you like it.

Edited by NeuroFunker

NAME: Frankie

GAME NAME: Phronk

TIME ZONE: GMT -5 (Eastern Time Zone)

LANGUAGE: English

AVAILABILITY: Available every day. More than 20 hours a week, most likely. (work only 4 hours a day)

PC Specs:

• Video Card: GTX 570
  • Processor: AMD Eight-Core Processor 3.10 GHz
  • RAM: 12Gigs
  • HDD: Standard 1TB Hard drive
  • Resolution: 1920x1080 (16:9 Aspect Ratio)

In-Game Settings

• Overall Distance: 1780
  • Object Distance: 1250
  • Shadow Distance: 75
  • Clouds: Disabled
  • HDR: Standard
  • AA: x2
  • AF: Very High
  • PIP: Ultra
  • Everything else is set to Very High, Standard, or Low.

What I'm Looking For:

I'm looking for an active ArmA 3 community that hosts a smooth passworded/private server (tired of griefers and so on) preferably Co-Op missions, but am fine with PVP missions as well. A squad that plays with realism in mind is also a plus. I've played ArmA 2 for a little over a year. I've been creating a lot of Co-Op missions and Single-Player missions and intend to go more into advanced mission making either when the game hits Beta phase or Final release phase. I'm aware of how ArmA is meant to be played and am a mature player, but know how to have fun too. My computer specs handle this game pretty well/decently, but I'll be upgrading my PC a bit soon so that it will be even better. I usually stream my mission creation sessions, but will not stream the squad's play-sessions if requested not to.

What I Can Offer:

I am a mission-maker. I can create Single-Player, Co-Op, and PVP missions for the squad/clan to play or I can just release them publicly. Plus I stream when I play ArmA 3 or create missions! I do not record play sessions onto my hard drive/YouTube, though.

I am NOT interested in joining squads that focus on Wasteland.

Looking for a group who will play multiple times a week. I would like to use Acre, both pvp and coop I would be willing to do. Looking for a serious group that isn't so serious.. Please pm me.

Hi guys, my name is Jay.

I'm looking to get into Arma 3 for the first time and I would enjoy the game much more with a group or squad of other players.

I'm very serious about strategic and tactical abilities so any group that is looking for a player please contact me via Steam.

I'm also on Steam as JAY101Bad. I'm available to play most nights.

Name: Kevin

Alias: Opzoleet

Time Zone: Eastern Standard Time (-5 UTC)

PC Setup:

CPU – AMD FX8120 @ 4.0GHz

MoBo – ASUS Sabertooth 990FX AM3+

RAM – G.SKILL Ripjaws Z Series – 32Gb DDR3 1866

Vid Card – XFX Double D Black Edition Radeon HD 7950

Looking For:

I’m looking to get more involved in the Arma scene, playing with realism in mind, but somewhat casual too, if that makes sense? I work very early in the morning (5am EST), really late nights don’t work for me. I want to run co-op missions along with some possible decent sized PvP, not expecting PvP till the game is actually released though. I’d like to join an active group, people who are on most nights. I’d prefer an American group, it’ll just be easier. If this sounds like your group, please msg me. I’d like to come and talk with yinz to see if it’d be a good fit.