Sign in to follow this  
vert

Stance Adjust with wheel mouse?

Is there a way to bind stance adjust differently?

The way I want it setup is so wheel mouse performs normally when control isn't held down, but when I hold down control it makes the wheel mouse mimic W or S for adjusting the stance.

Thanks!

This is also something I would like to have the option to do. When I first went to change my stance the mousewheel felt very natural

I did this with my Cyborg R.A.T-7 mouse which has a second programmable wheel.

If anyone wants the profile PM me. (Took quite a bit of fiddling to get it working)

It is very useful so hopefully BIS will find a way to implement it with the normal wheel and hotkey.

Edited by EDcase

Trying to get this to work with a Razer Naga but so far no good. Trying Autohotkey too but having some issues.

Anyone have any advice, will keep trying otherwise.

I like that idea I bet I could do this with my g700 will look into it

thanks

I would very much like this as well. I remember the original Splinter Cell did this with walking/running speed, it was very easy to use and very intuitive.

cant you combine strg + mousewheel or havnt they introduced more advanced mouse commands?

i think thats the better way if they introduce that.

then can you use the mouse keys like everyother key on your keyboard

Autohotkey doesn't work with Arma3 it seems. Can't seem to find anything else that can do multikey to multikey rebinding.

+1000

Set two key, one for up stance and one for down stance. And you can use mousewheel, or CTRL+F CTRL+V, or Pedals.

Yeah I spent a bit of time trying an Autohotkey solution, but couldn't get it to work.

Yea autohotkey doesn't work in it, I think because Arma is looking for a direct keypress, and not in registry/tools.

Anyone else figure out a way to get any wheel mouse to work?

I can do this with my g600 no problem. i just don't like it because i use my wheel for other stuff XD

That is why I want to be able to have it set to ctrl+wheel mouse. I can do this fine with my wheel mouse too, but then I lose the other wheel mouse functions.

If I can make it so when I just use the wheel mouse, its normal, but if I hit ctrl+wheel mouse, it does the stances, that would be great.

w8 what? you want it bound to ctrl + wheel? lol again the g600 will help you with that XD i can put any key on my keyboard and any function on this thing. right now i have my stances set on my side buttons.

I can do this with my g600 no problem. i just don't like it because i use my wheel for other stuff XD

Could you tell me how? I have G500 and it uses the same software.

Thanks.

---------- Post added at 00:35 ---------- Previous post was at 00:28 ----------

In the Logitech LGS you cannot change the scroll wheel up or down. Only part of the wheel you can change is the left and right side scroll button.

Edited by shankly1985

Since most mouses don't have second wheel, but most mouses have the thumb button, so "hold thumb button + wheel" would be the best way to adjust the stance.

Edited by Lao Fei Mao

Could you tell me how? I have G500 and it uses the same software.

Thanks.

---------- Post added at 00:35 ---------- Previous post was at 00:28 ----------

In the Logitech LGS you cannot change the scroll wheel up or down. Only part of the wheel you can change is the left and right side scroll button.

YEs you can, and the g600 is different form the g500, has more options, i can make it so it does a macro as well with the wheel button. ive tested it and it works. but i have it set to my side g keys with a macro.

Thought exactly of this, would be really nice if we could see that.

YEs you can, and the g600 is different form the g500, has more options, i can make it so it does a macro as well with the wheel button. ive tested it and it works. but i have it set to my side g keys with a macro.

Really? they both use the same software and same version. Can you post a screen shot of your settings page? because on mine the Wheel cant be edited.

See Image

Edited by shankly1985